Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zombiewench

Shortbread Snowflakes Bath Oil

Coconut-sweetened shortbread laced with royal icing.

In the jar this is SWEET. Syrupy and cookies with a touch of coconut. So yummy and foodie!!

Using it in the shower however, it didn't work. There must be the same kind of note that's in 2012's Beaver Moon, because just like BM it turned into something very dusty and woodsy smelling. There was still a bit of the coconut, but the dusty scent was overpowering.

Review: Rich, wonderful shortbread, with cocoanut in strong support. The royal icing is also strong and distinct, complimenting the shortbread beautifully. Mint is not listed as a note, but I'd swear there is quite a bit of mint int there.

Note: I use the bath oils as after the shower lotions.

In the decant: Shortbread cookies with frosting.

Wet: The coconut note appears!

The dry-down: And now the frosting has spread all over the cookies, top and bottom. If you like cookies with lots of frosting, this is the bath oil for you. :) Little girls might like it, too. :) I like it, but won't need more than my decant.

I get mostly sweet lemon (the icing?) and soft mint (snow?) with a dusting of sugar underneath. Not really identifiable to my brain as an edible sweet so there is something discordant about it, but if I don't think too hard it smells nice. Not bottle-worthy, but I'll keep the decant.

I picked up a bottle of this on Etsy.

Note: I usually use the BPTP bath oils as an after shower moisturizer as well.

Shortbread Snowflakes starts out as a sweet, lightly coconut-laced icing on my skin. As it soaks into my skin, the coconut fades and a gentle, almost gingerbread spice note come out giving it a Christmas cookie quality. This is super sweet, buttery, spice cookie with a ton of sugary icing. :wub2: The throw is light and it only lasts about an hour before my skin eats it up but the moisturizing qualities are absolutely perfect and work for all seasons. This also layers beautifully with some of my more foody BPAL oils (like Sweet Lavinia's Dread Puddings, Ooky and Sugar Cookie).

Overall I love this and I'm super happy I was able to snag a bottle!

Edited by Monster

This is 100% coconut shortbread cookies and I love it so much! It also has a delicious iced frosting note too. Makes my mouth water I want to eat it up! The only thing is I'm not a bath oil girl and when I use this as a moisturizer it has low throw and doesn't last long. But if this is ever released in a 5ml bottle I would be all over it!!! :wub2:

Coconut and shortbread cookies. This is foodie vanilla and sweet coconut. It actually reminds me to coconut macaroons (not the french ones, but the little mound of coconut baked into a cookie).