Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KawaiiKai

Sweet Lavinia's Risalamande

Clots of rice pudding (harvested from the fair trade rice farms of Bokrug Lake!) and organic whipped goat cream topped with a sebaceous glob of black cherry sauce.

In the bottle this seems strong, smelling mostly of a high pitched not quite cough syrup cherry. I can also smell the cream scent beneath that cherry.

Wet on my skin,I initially thought it was going to be strong cherry scent and that the creamy sugar-y rice scent would burn away.
I was quite wrong. For the first few minutes the cherry was very pronounced, but afterward backed away quite a lot until I only smelled the rice pudding part. The rice pudding scent smells exactly like the rice pudding I make before I add cinnamon and almond slivers. That is to say, rice cooking in milk and thick cream, butter, and sugar over a slow flame.

As it dries down, I mostly smell the sugared creamy rice, with just a tiny hint of saccharine cherry sauce which comes and goes.
It's not too strong on my skin, pretty, creamy-soft with a throw to match. It does seem to last a few hours on me and then I don't notice it anymore. I am not sure if it is gone completely or, more likely, if I am just used to it.

This is definitely a "foody" scent, but in a soft and subtle way. I absolutely love it and it makes me want to make and gobble down some rice pudding.

This is another Yule that was a fail for me. While I'm sad, my pocketbook is not! :D I can definitely smell the rice pudding, but it just doesn't work on my skin. I do love foody scents, but I think they need to be vanilla or citrus based for me. Somehow the rice or the cream is smelling scorched, and not in a burned sugar kind of way. Kind of as if the pudding was burned and then set out on the counter overnight and forgotten. My skin just didn't like this one.

I thought this would be louder than it is. I get a subtle, slightly foody rice scent and nothing else. I thought i'd get more cherry & whipped cream, but actually, I like it without.

This might just be because it came in the mail last night, but it's quite odd..

Wet: Intense cream (maybe the goat?) with a side of rice and a hint of cherry

Drying: Cream that is souring

Dry: Rice and a whiff of cherry with a hint of that goaty-cream.

Thank god this isn't a complete fail I was really looking forward to this one. Dry I love it, so hopefully once it settles and ages a bit it will work more.

This starts out very foody. The rice note reminds me of one of the Shungas from a few years back (Ronin? Harmise?). It starts to develop a borderline plastic vibe a la snow-white-gone-wrong. As it dries, the cream turns into the evil sour milk of Candles Moon 2010 (granted, that one did mellow out, but it took over a year to get there). I never notice anything that I identify as cherry. Part of me is tempted to hang on to my decant to see what happens with that cream note in time, but I just don't think this one likes my skin chemistry.

Anyone else get buttered popcorn? Cause that is EXACTLY what this smells like on me. No thank you.

Wow. I can actually smell rice in this! Sweet, creamy, rice pudding is what I get, no cherry, no cough syrup. If I had a tub of rice pudding from CozyShack sitting in front of me, I bet it'd smell just like this. (Now I want rice pudding for breakfast).

Most of bpal's cherry blends turn into all cherry on me, but I'm not really smelling any fruitiness from this one. It's a milky (slightly sour milk), very buttery smell with a bit of a burnt edge to it. My husband really hated this one and said it smells like butter and spoiled milk :/ I sort of like buttery smells, so this is okay for me, but I don't need more than my partial decant. Milky, buttery, warm scent...

Sweet rice milkiness, although by turns it smells like buttered popcorn, and a hint of cherry.

Milk, salty, foodie.

2012 Yule Imp from Ralenth!

In the Imp: Sweet, creamy, buttery, nutmeggy goodness!

On Skin: Wet, the cherry adds to the mix, but it's not overpowering or artificial. As it starts to dry, the heavenly scent of rice pudding emerges. Hot and bubbling from the oven, brown around the edges, it is slightly nutty and very creamy. Still only a hint of cherry, which suits me just fine!

As of now, I don't want more than my imp. It's delicious, but not something I need to smell like. I will see how this wears during the day and edit this post later.

ETA: A few hours later, it has faded to a soft, sweet, creamy scent. Nice, but for a creamy, rich, fruity scent with staying power, I will stick with my bottle of Candles Moon.

Edited by zeldaZ4

Anyone else get buttered popcorn? Cause that is EXACTLY what this smells like on me. No thank you.

I get this, first applied. I get the cherry later, almost boozy, on top of the popcorn. :lol:

At first, I'm getting a strong cream note, very much like a well made rice pudding. I want some, NOW! Dry, it smells more like rice flower, with a bit of sweet creaminess. It's actually pretty close to the scent of Castita's bath oil, though I found that one a bit too sweet. I kind of like this, I'm discovering I'm starting to like rice flower as long as it's not too sweet. I may hunt down a decant of this one, it's quite nice.

For whatever reason, I thought this was going to be a disaster - and I was so wrong! I was afraid of the cherry, but it's barely there at all. This is mostly a cozy batch of warm sugared rice pudding. I seem to love cream and rice notes in scents. It's even similar to a shunga I love (has to be the rice). I think I'm going to have to get a bottle of this before they come down!

In the decant: Certainly rice pudding, with a hint of goat milk and sour cherries.

Wet: Much the same as on cold sniff.

The dry-down: Doesn't really morph. Interesting, but I don't think that I need any more of this. If you like milk notes, this is good.

I got absolutely no cherry from this. It's very buttery and extremely foody smelling, wet.

Drydown on me: Euggggggggggh! Get it OFF. This turned into rancid buttered popcorn and stinky unwashed soured skin musk. It actually reminds me of a pair of socks that got wet and muddy and were stuck in a ziploc, and the smell after they were discovered in the trunk of the car a week later. With an added note of buttered popcorn.

Obviously this scent hates my skin. Or vice-versa.

I actually purchased this bottle from the lovely hecate_jones, so will be one of those studies in skin chemistry. When first applied, I get cream and an almost almondy, boozy cherry. This plays very close to the skin for me. The amaretto cherry smells burns off very quickly and the rice and cream become the star players, but are still very quiet and low-key. I DO however for a short period pick up on the skin musk note she mentions, but I love some musky funk so it was a happy little surprise for me. But ultimately, I'm left with a perfectly lovely and soft rice flower and cream scent. It's a keeper for me. Like a warm hug on a cold day, very comforting.

In the bottle - Digestive biscuits with a touch of sharp fruit

Wet on me - The creaminess of a rice pudding along with other more perfumey textures

Dry on me - A surprisingly woody scent with a hint of musky fruitiness

Overall - I like it, but it's not at all what I expected. I will have to give it some thought

I'm surprise I never reviewed this, one of my favorite "foodies" of the Yules, it's sort of high pitched and grainy, but definitely in the warm spicey family. I don't smell the cherry at all, sadly

This is a warm, milk note (like that of Milk Moon), a hint of spice and just a whisper of cherry. The final dry down is a spiced, creamy milk (sans fruit). This is gorgeous and totally delicious but I think I prefer Dread Puddings and Milk Moon :)

Edited by Monster

Ew ew ew, it's the warm gross cream note like the one from Boo! It smells like the turkey note from Drink Me, too. I'm gonna hurl!

My second fav. flavour of ice cream is cherry goats milk. And cherry and cream notes work on me all the time; but never together with BPAL. It just smells like off cream... and weird turkey. I'm running for the hills. :)

Gorgeous rich, buttery rice pudding!

So buttery, like Christmas butter cookies. I love the realistic powdery rice note, and that creamy note that's like warm milk. Just a hint of cherry pie filling that comes and goes. Sometimes I don't notice the cherry at all.

Love rice pudding, love this.

I've gotten all goat cream and rice! It's weird there's absolutely no cherry!! I wouldn't even say it's rice pudding because it's not sweet at all. It's more savory.