obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 2,347 posts
  • Mood:idealistic
  • Tiger
  • Scorpio
  • United States

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Die Sundė, Vom Tod Verfolgt, Henry Fuseli.
Blood musk, hothouse orchid, fig leaf, frankincense, white amber, and tobacco honey.

Full bodied, sexy and just a touch of dirty with a hint of spice coming from something I can't pinpoint. Perhaps the variety of orchid chosen.

This is sort of an extreme version of a skin scent. A stripped down version of Pallas Athene (one of my recent favorites).

#2 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 9,836 posts
  • Mood:Sherlocked
  • SotD:White Light + Anthelion
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Fig, orchid, tobacco honey.

This is heady, sexy, and honey. It's like a skin scent... on sex.

#3 Caper

Caper

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Dragon
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Another winner form the Pickman gallery for me!

I was worried that the fig leaf, might be fig-ish and that reminds me of a Purple Pied Man doll that I had in the 80s. This is not fig the note that I find ruins most fig blends for me. I was also afraid that honey or tobacco would take over and both of those have ruined other blends for me, apparently tobacco honey is just fine. :lol:

That being said, this is a beautiful, mature scent that doesn't readily fall into of the typical categories for me. It isn't strongly floral, or musky, or powdery like it might be from the notes. It weirdly reminds me of Zebra Heliconian even though they don't share any notes except frankincense, and Die is much less floral when wet.

Again, I'm going to get a bottle of this because it is such a nice blend. I think orchid may be a new love.

#4 braybrigade

braybrigade

evil enabler

• Members
  • 489 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • United States

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

In vial: Musky, velvety orchid, dewed with drops of honey. Seems very classic, feminine.

Wet: A shadowed blot of inky blood musk seeps in, taking the feminine side and giving her a gritty edge.

Dry: The amber coats everything in a resinous haze, and the fig leaf brushes by with a spine-tingling touch.

Verdict: Perfectly evocative of the painting it represents: Creepily romantic and slightly terrifying. I feel like something is watching me when I have this on.

#5 thatbrownelf

thatbrownelf

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Mood:Dead. x_X
  • SotD:Hesiod's Phoenix
  • Dog
  • Gemini
  • United States

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Yup, definitely a dirty skin scent, but the good kind of dirt, like smelling the remains of a wild night out on your skin the morning after. I primarily get dirty coconut, which might be the orchid and fig leaf blending together. Tobacco and honey aren't as prominent and I'd like, but at least the frankincense is behaving and not throttling the blend like it has in others. I can just imagine how awesome this will be with some age. Bottle for sure. Posted Image

#6 Monday

Monday

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,569 posts
  • Mood:Curious
  • Rooster
  • Virgo
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Like Caper this also reminds me of Zebra Heliconian but a more sexed up version of it. It also reminds me of Ninon with orchid instead of lavender.

The tobacco honey gives this a slightly wet feeling which goes well with the orchid and fig. Very sexy!

#7 white_jenna63

white_jenna63

evil enabler

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Mood:blank
  • Horse
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Okay, I don't know if it was the orchid or fig leaf that kept me from ordered a full decant instead of the half, but I'm kicking myself now. This is GORGEOUS. Have seen others say it's a dirty skin scent, and that's an accurate description. I get a...burnished gold feel from it, not bright or shiny, but the honey and resins are definitely there. It eventually dries down to "sexy dryer sheets" and is still so yummy. Definitely think this would be good on the husband, but I am greedy and keep the LEs that work on me for myself. :D

#8 Minerva

Minerva

evil enabler

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Dragon
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

I actually like a good white blossom perfume but not this one. This is BIG fat ORCHID stomping ALL over everything else. Don't even sniff this if you can't stand flowers. Just sayin'.

#9 Little Bird

Little Bird

Tania

• Members
  • 16,405 posts
  • Rabbit
  • Taurus
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

This is a very perfumey scent on me, with the orchid amping up into a sharp, musky, perfumey sort of white floral that's grounded in the baby powdery amber. It gets sweeter and sweeter as it dries down and the honeyed qualities get stronger, but it's still too perfumey and powdery for me.

#10 brilliantcat

brilliantcat

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • Mood:touched
  • SotD:Reflected Vulva
  • Horse
  • Gemini
  • United States

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Imp: Holy cow I can't pick out individual notes because it's blended so well and just smells so GOOD.

Wet: It smells amazing. Incredible. Sexy, sweet, heady. I think I can pick out maybe the orchid and honey? It really is just wonderfully blended into cozy sexy love.

Dry. BOTTLE NOW :wub2:

#11 milo

milo

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,733 posts
  • Ram
  • Libra
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Well, I can hardly squeeze anything out of this sniffie, but I think I'm getting mostly orchids and musk. Lovely, from what I can smell of it.

#12 crebbsgirl

crebbsgirl

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • Mood:Stress Ball
  • SotD:French Creole
  • Monkey
  • Virgo
  • Canada

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Predominantly orchids and musk on my skin. As it wears, the frankincense and fig leaf come out more to deepen and sweeten this a touch. It does wear close to the skin, and it's extremely seductive. I love it.

#13 parrot_suspect

parrot_suspect

The NUT in Nutcracker

• Moderators
  • 3,986 posts
  • Mood:curious
  • SotD:Dragon's Musk
  • Ram
  • Capricorn
  • United States

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

It's hard for me to pick out the individual notes in this. They all swirl together in a heady musky/floral-oriental sort of way. But I will say:

If you like Snake Charmer, you need to get a bottle of this
. It is so similar to Snake Charmer on me, I can barely tell them apart.

#14 mymymai

mymymai

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  • Monkey
  • Aquarius
  • United States

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

ITI: Strong dragon's blood resin from the blood musk, followed by orchid and a little tobacco honey. It's a bit strongly floral at this point for me.

Wet: The tobacco honey becomes more dominant which I like. After that, I get the white fig, amber, and just a hint of orchid. It's much better on my skin.

Dry: Fig, amber, dragon's blood musk, and just a little floral. It's pretty, but not my preference right now.

#15 WidgetAlley

WidgetAlley

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • Mood:sleepy
  • SotD:Snow Moon
  • Dragon
  • Gemini
  • United States

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Imp: Strong red musk and tobacco and amber. Very, very similar to Snake Charmer, Smut, or any of the other fabled Red Musk blends.

Wet: Sweaty, sultry musk, thick rich tobacco, honey, and florals. Whoever said a dead ringer for Snake Charmer was just about right.

Dry: Snake Charmer, right on the money! This might be a touch more orchidy and a bit less plummy than the fabled Snake Charmer, but they're so close it would be hard to tell the difference. If you missed SC, get some of this instead!

#16 OctoberGwen

OctoberGwen

Frazzled Owl

• Members
  • 5,446 posts
  • Mood:no idea
  • SotD:Boomslang, bitches.
  • Ram
  • Libra
  • United States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

Sexy, musky, resiny orchid. The notes blend together beautifully, and I don't get frankincense, honey, nor fig individually - which is good. This is gorgeous, and I'm thrilled to have a bottle. :wub2:

#17 LiberAmoris

LiberAmoris

Goonies Never Say Die

• Moderators
  • 4,303 posts
  • Mood:sultry
  • SotD:Inez
  • Rabbit
  • Cancer
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:03 AM

I'm breaking out some of the deeper scents because it's finally September!  Die Sundë, Vom Tod Verfolgt is definitely reminiscent of Snake Charmer on me, like an orchid-y, musky SC.  There's something about the scent that's unsettling and strange, and perfect for the inspiration.  The tobacco honey, frankincense, and white amber all take a backseat to the blood musk, orchid, and fig leaf on me—and the result is a heady, 'perfumey' skin scent that skews floral and musk, but has complex underpinnings.  I've worn this a few times, and it does dry down to 'sexy dryer sheets' on me as well, like something clean run through something dirty.  I don't mind.  :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users