Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
angelicruin

Neil

Breakfast cereal and jelly beans.

Cherry is predominate jelly bean note on my skin right after application. Cherry settles after just a couple minutes and I get more of the cereal note than jelly beans.

I only get cherry in the bottle, on me it smell a little like Decadence at the wet stage, sweet almond extract, and a wee bit fruity ... then goes sweeter and fruitier (more of a citrus fruit like kiwi) as it dries. Very little throw on me and doesn't last long. I get more of the "jellybean"ness towards the end but it's quite faint and i have to sniff my wrist to get any of it.

I only smelled this in the bottle, but I get a blast of sweet cereal (like fruity pebbles) that finishes with jelly beans. Super fun scent!

Same as above...very sweet cherry, in vial and on skin. Even though it is sweet, it isn't very overpowering. I don't get cereal out of this...jelly beans, maybe...but just a sweet, cute scent!

Straight up Luden's Cherry Cough Drops. It hugs close to the skin, but it's comforting in a strange way.

Sour cherry candy? As it dries I get a soft mish-mash of sour candy but I'm not getting any breakfast cereal. After an hour all that's left on my skin is a hint of sour candy and a powdery fruity scent (perhaps that's the cereal?). I admit I was looking forward to this one but it fell a little flat. I also don't get much throw or wear length.

Wet: Jellybeans!

Dry: Fruity Pebbles cereal mixed with an extra jolt of sugar. Not for me...but I am glad I got to try it. :D

Ayup... cherry. Actually, it's CHERRY. The kind of cherry that has an almond/marzipan kind of tone to it. Once the CHERRY dies down a bit, I can pick up the 'cereal' business.. it reminds me of muesli (the crunchy, toasted kind that has lots of grains and mixed dried fruit in it), and the 'jelly beans' becomes more obvious - it's not just cherry now, it's that generic 'bag of jelly beans' smell. So yeah.. muesli and jelly beans.

I definitely agree with jolarocknrolla - this reminds me very much of Decadence, except it doesn't have the same depth and complexity. Also, Neil pretty much disappears from my skin after about 30 minutes. I can live without this one :thumbsup:

Strong, cherry-flavored hard candy that dries down to a creamy cherry-almond.

It doesn't remind me of cereal or jelly beans, but it's definitely very sweet. I much prefer Bloody Mary for my cherry kick, so this is a pass for me.

Tart cherries and almonds. Cherry scents never last long on my skin. When it dries down the cherry disappears and it ends up a like a light version of Bub.

I'm a fan of cereal scents (like Lann-Ael <3), but I don't get anything cereal or milky from this blend. I hate bpal's cherry/almond note, and that seems to be the main note I get from Neil. It's a fakey, overly sweet maraschino cherry type of smell. It goes on strong, but has faded away almost entirely by the half hour mark, just leaving a faint sugar and powder scent on my skin. I expected something cool and unusual from the listed notes, but this is just blah cherry/almond on me.

Yep, cherry. The cough-syrup kind for a minute (but just a minute!). Then, jellybeans, and then Neil morphs into a light, tropical fruitiness. Very odd & unexpected, but I really like it.

Lot's of sweet cherry here, too sweet, like cherry jellybeans. There's a dusty quality far in the back which makes me think there is pom here. Wow, too sweet and foody for me, but I in my quest to try every bpal, I had to at least try it. I'm thinking a young teen would really like this kind of scent. It does fade fairly fast on me, though.

Cherry!!! and is there coconut in here or is that just the freakin' cherry? Anyway, the coconut-element fades almost directly (but slowly) on my skin, but the sweetness of the cherry is ever there. Maybe a sniff of something that resembles a grain note, but no milk. Too bad I hate the cherry note hm. :P

This is all about the cherry-flavored jelly beans. 100% jelly bean and zero breakfast cereal. The jellybean note does have the texture of a jellybean (sugar-coated exterior and gummy-like inside), and I think that's what is pulling it away from cherry lozenge or medicine territory, although I had my boyfriend try it and he only got cherry medicine from it. It faded really quickly on him, though. On me? It's still going strong after five hours.

I'm going to hold on to this and see if I like it paired with Pa-Pow Hair Gloss, which I think contains the same jellybean note!