Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Eternal

Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

Funny this one should be called Eternal, because as soon as it touched my skin it was gone! Eternal, indeed.

In the bottle it is a really strong floral. I was worried it would give me a headache from smelling myself all day. After two minutes of it on, though, I reapplied because I couldn't smell it, and two minutes after that I could sense I had perfume on, but not really smell it directly, if that makes any sense.

My skin just drank this up!

While it lasted, the gardenia was very strong.

I really liked the smell of this in the bottle. It wasn't as sweet as some others, but it still had a really beautiful floral scent. It really bloomed (if you'll forgive the terrible pun) when I put it on my wrist, but sadly, it wasn't very strong. Two hours later, it had almost completely faded, and while I like the scent, I need something a little more long lasting. This one went to the swap pile...

Eternal was a lab freebie in my last order.

It is exactly as described in terms of being a strong flower scent. The rose was dominant on me but I could definitely pick up some of the lighter flowers in the blend.

If you love roses and flower-based scents, check out Eternal.

Ok, so. I really like Eternal. Here's the thing: I appear to be getting a way different reaction from other folks, so here's your can of Morton's.

Eternal=bread pudding. With lots of vanilla and raisins and just a pinch of nutmeg. All gooey and bubbly and yum.

I guess what it comes down to is that my skin majorly, majorly amps heliotrope. I'm a big botanophile, so I'm familiar with the flower. They're unassuming plants, low to the ground, with gorgeous dark purple flowers. And they smell of baked goods. Vanilla, but vanilla with spices.

Near drydown and toward the end of the scent, the gardenia picks up a little, but gardenias in themselves aren't that floral.

So, for me, this 'floral' scent is in fact, gourmand. :P

Still yummy, though! Just think...a nice big helping of bread pudding with a gardenia for garnish.

All I can smell is gardenia. As it dries, I can smell that there's other florals in the background, but the gardenia still dominates.

Gorgeous! I didn't think that I'd like florals - but this has changed my mind. It's so sweet I almost want to eat it. If someone could make a flower milkshake that got you really drunk it would smell like this. Don't get me wrong though, there's no alcohol smell here, it's just intoxicating.

The only downside (for me) is that I have to reapply ever few hours to keep the heady scent.

I dabbed a bit of this on my wrist. Normally, heliotrope, rose, & I don't play nice together. Even now, it's very strong. Lots of floral. Mostly gardenia & rose, the heliotrope is beginning to rise up as well. I can't wear this kind of florals without suffering from a headache. Definitely in the swap pile.

All I can smell is gardenia.  As it dries, I can smell that there's other florals in the background, but the gardenia still dominates.

Same for me and gardenia does not work for me at all :P . I got two imps of this, one is a gift and the other is up for swaps.

Edited by Shollin

this one sprayed my glasses when i opened the imp. ha! i haven't looked at the notes yet, so..

i smell violets in the vial, violets and soft, powdery florals.

on my skin, i still get violets, but they're deep and juicy with something almost tangy and sharp underneath.

okay, wow, now that i've looked at the notes and been totally surprised to find no trace of violet, i'm weirded out. i'm wondering what's making the violet scent. maybe it's stephanotis and gardenia? gardenia and i really don't get along, but i can't exactly pinpoint it in this blend unless i really put my sniffer to work. the blend softened up considerably after the initial violet stage, but now it's turned into an extremely syrupy violet smell, kind'f like half-chewed violet gum. i wonder what cyclamen is; it sounds like a birth control pill.

i'll probably gift this to someone else. the notes get me all mumbly-jumbly and generally confuse the hell out of me.

Eternal:

Wet: Very white floral, hints of resin.

Drydown: I sense that Castille soap smell coming on..

Longterm wear: Castille soap. Yech.

at first: i smell heliotrope at first, but then there is something almost syrupy. very interesting.

on: lovely. an almost buttery sweetness. i think i'm smelling heliotrope, which i love.

1 hour later: this is still sweet and lovely. the heliotrope is drier now, and i smell a melange of various flowers along with it.

4.5 hours later: very faint. i can barely smell this.

6.5 hours later: i can smell this more now. it's a nice blend of florals, but i think i'm mostly smelling gardenia.

overall: this is ok, but i don't think i'd wear it often.

Edited by grrrlennyl

Eternal is an unchecked gardenia on my skin that brims with nameless white flowers and the human scent of loss. Somehow this reminds me of a film shot in black and white---there is something stark about it, but perhaps it is just the ringing refrain of and death shall have no dominion.

A wonderful adaptation of the Dylan Thomas poem, but gardenia does not love my skin. If you like gardenia, this would be a winner. I can definitely identify the gardenia note here as quite multi-tonal and true-to-life.

ETA: Formatting. Don't drink and review. Sheesh.

Edited by LiberAmoris

In bottle:

Very powerful, white floral - mostly gardenia is what I'm getting

On me:

This one kind of tricked me a little. It was clear that this was going to be a really floral scent, but when I first put this on, all I got was gardenia, and it was just too overwhelming to me. 10 minutes in, and I smell rose. A few minutes after that - rose and something green and fresh smelling, like fresh cut grass. The gardenia really takes a back seat to those smells now.

Final note:

Kind of strange, because this ended up way different than I expected. The fresh cut grass smell is sticking with me, with rose as the other predominant note and gardenia way, WAY in the back. Too floral for me, but anyone who enjoys florals, would probably get a kick out of the unique grass like smell with rose :P

FIRST SNIFF: really sweet floral

WEARING IT: wow, did that change fast! as soon as it hit my wrist it changed into a sharp, green floral. very sharp, almost like dill. as it warms i'm still smelling dill but with a white, sweeter floral in the background. if this scent had a colour it would be white & green.

VERDICT: if it smelled more like the initial sniff i may have liked it a little more. my nose can't get over the dill-like smell though.

An absolutely gorgeous floral. I guess it’s the stephanotis association, but this is definitely the perfume I’d wear to my wedding, were I ever to have such a thing. It’s too special to wear everyday; I’ll probably save it for special occasions. I wish I could go to an old-fashioned, outdoor tea party -- I'd wear a white frock and have a big white flower in my hair. And I know I’ll wear it occasionally on workdays because I don't get invited to that many tea parties. :P Wow, this may be my favorite. Beth’s florals work really well on me.

Yay Eternal!! Two thumbs way up.

Edited by lokelani

Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

Eternal - a lab freebie.

In the bottle: The "white floral" smell - it's probably the gardenia or the stephanotis.

On me: Gah! I have to figure out which of these notes doesn't play nice with me - gardenia? heliotrope? Something in this blend just smells funny to my nose and makes me want to go wash off immediately. :P

Drydown: Yep. Stinky. There's something in this that my skin disagrees with.

When I first applied this, it smelled very woodsy with a bit of syrup. Like syrup spilled over an oakwood table.

Then, in the drydown, I agree with imfighting's description of this as a "flower milkshake". It is a light sweet floral that smells like it has been mixed with a creamy vanilla. It's very light and clean smelling to me. The florals aren't bothering me so much because they're not at all like the florals that I've tried in the past. These seem like half withered, frozen blooms.

I rather like this. I'm definitely keeping my imp of this, and may have to buy a full size (it's so light that I'm having to reapply frequently, so I don't expect my imp to last that long, lol). :P

ETA: In going through my imp of Eternal and trying to decide whether or not I wanted a 5 ml, I really grew to hate this. :D Or maybe it's not hatred. Something about Eternal unsettles me, in that 'I've seen a ghost' sort of way. It has a chilling and evil feeling to it that I just can't seem to ignore. It reminds me of a woman sobbing over a casket in a funeral. I'm associating it with something cold, dreary, and depressing...

Edited by Blood onmy hands

In the bottle: Good, it's hard for me to descripe in the bottle. It smells like sweet florals. It was very good, I had high hopes for it after sniffing in the bottle.

Wet: Oh good lord. There is something in Eternal that is also in Sacred Whore. I got that floral that I love to little bitty bits in Sacred Whore, but have no freaking clue what it is. Must be gardenia since it is most definatly in Eternal, and many people have mentioned it in their Sacred Whore reviews. Good to know. Just for shits and giggles I smeared some Sacred Whore on the other wrist. Yep it smells alot like my beloved whore, but with out all the spicy (well not quite, Gardenia is quite spicy all on it's own), vanilla-ey, smoky goodness. Over all though still very good.

Drydown: And this is were Eternal and I decide we don't like each other. About ten minutes after applying the gardenia pretty much went away. I could still catch faint traces of it in the back ground, but it tuned into soapy roses. I love the hell out of roses, but the soapyness bothered me. About a half hour after that it turned into straight up old lady floral. I wanted to cry, seriously. It was so damn good in the bottle and while wet. Damn. :P

In Bottle: White flowers. Do I really need more at this point?

On Skin: More white flowers but there is an underlying bitterness to it. The bitterness quickly takes over and it smells like raw hide. After fifteen - Where did the flowers go?!?!? It smells like a cross between a dead flower and something peppery and wet leather. I think its the cyclamen that just doesn't agree with me. :P

On Drydown: It smells flowery and nice again. With a trace of the bitterness. I catch whiffs of it now and then. I get a sort of cleanness but its tainted. It actually kinda smells like laundry now.

Verdict: Poo. It doesn't agree with me at the beginning. I don't think its quite worth it to be severely repelled by myself for a few minutes until it calms down. And I do like the smell of clean laundry. Lovely scent at the end but I have less problematic ones. Will ponder decision to keep but will probably end up swapping.

Got this from the lab, a nice white floral vaguely like choked back tears and flowers shimmering in darkness. :P

Why, why, why...

This was a gift imp, and one that I'd actually considered including in my order initially -- so it was a very welcome surprise! Unfortunately...

In the bottle, this is an exquisite scent: floral, but strongly violet to my nose, light and delicate and dreamy. The problems only start when I actually put it on, because within the first moments of drying, it somehow turns to banana. Banana. Body chemistry strikes again.

It's not beyond redemption: layered with Bayou, it makes for a startling complex blend, and loses almost all of the banana scent to Bayou's lovely hothouse flowers. But this one's not going to be a keeper, as much as I'd hoped for it.

Eternal

Sweet and soapy. It has that strange "brown sugar celery" scent that I get sometimes from certain florals. Must be the gardenia. This doesn't change much from vial to application, to drydown. This fades very quickly, its been less than 2 hours and it is most definitely gone.

This is so gorgeous in the bottle. I love gardenias and they're so rich and creamy and sweet... in the bottle.

But as soon as I put it on, I was overwhelmed by jasmine. Jasmine and gardenias! Jasmine again! This is sharp and way sweet, and I'm not sure I like it.

As it dries down, it starts smelling like fresh-cut grass or weeds in a ditch, which is a bad thing, given I'm allergic to both of them so hate the smell. The gardenia is still there in the background, but it's behind the very very green grass scent.

Is that roses? I'm not sure. It's just too sharp and makes my nose tickle. I'm wondering if roses hate me, since I had bad luck with Rakshasa, too. Even after an hour, it's Not Good for me. If it kept the creamy gardenia, I'd be all over this. It fades very quickly, too.

Not a keeper for me, I don't think, alas.