Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sugared incense

Ok, I have been collecting all incense bottles and imps I can get my hands on, but I an finding them to woody, or to earthy.

Of the ones I gave tried I am realizing I like sweet sugared incense. Snake oil, temple viper.

I have tried a lot but I an still looking for the perfect one. Myrrh, honey, amber amber amber, sweet earth, dark, mysterious, carnation, clove, etc...

I an hoping the bpal experts can help me compile a lust of imps to hunt down in this category:)

Hmm, looks like you've already tried Morocco... have you tried Urd? Muscadine, black and red patchouli, cereus and nag champa. This is a sweet incense blend on me. A bit grapey, if you don't mind that. It's one of the first things that came to mind. :)

Scherezade might work - it's technically a musk and spice blend, but a lot of people seem to get incense from it, and the red musk is rather sweet if your chemistry cooperates.

I have scherezade, love it:) I have tried urd, but it wasnt too good on me:/ tried midnight mass but it's too woody. I haven't even heard of those others so I an off too look them up:)

Some of my other favorites: voodoo, dancing koi, great cry of Egypt, shub, Jacobs ladder, Inez (love), vixen (love).

My body liked orange blossom and plum, also narcisuss.

Mme. Moriarty is one of imps true loves!

I like coconut but haven't found the right blend, red lantern- eh. Golden prapirus, too pine tree. Sri Lanka has a weird almost metallic note on me. Al azif the cumin? Cardamom? The 'c' note in it doesn't work.

If temple viper was a wee bit darker and stronger throw it would be close to perfect! Add the plum or spicy floral... Swoon!

I really love the dark carnation notes, it's why I like clove in oils.

Thanks for helping! Bpal has SO many incense type blends I am trying to be more picky in what I get, cause I'll swap and just get more for my swap box:/

This may be a bit of a stretch, but have you tried Bastet? The myrrh in it really plays up nicely with the other notes (on my skin at least), creating a very nice blend.

This one may also be a stretch but have you tried La Petite Mort - The scent of warm, damp skin flushed with the glow of passion, touched by the luxuriant potency of ylang ylang and myrrh. I got a kind of honeyed incense from it, so you could try it.

I an hoping the bpal experts can help me compile a lust of imps to hunt down in this category:)

I think I am going to use the term 'a lust of imps' from now on, it seems so appropriate! :lol:

I'd suggest trying Kumari Kandam - despite the description I (and a few reviewers) get a sweet incense from this once it dries.

Lol! I accudently type lust instead of list all the time! The drawbacks of an itty bitty key board:)

I haven't tried kumari, I will keep my eye out for it! And @ jasmin, I haven't heard of ANY of those! So off to look them up<3

I do love Bastet, it needs to become a bottle someday. And I have several petit morts. They are really good. But still not the perfect blend or sweet sugar spicy clove juicy plum honey amber myrh sweet resins, and a touch of darkness. Maybe I need to try my mme. Moriorty imp again. It is so sacred I used it once and just knew I loved it and haven't used it since:/

If you are ok with chocolate, you might want to try The Malignant Dreams of Cthulhu in Love. It's salty sweet chocolate incense. My first BPAL ever and a fave :wub2:

It's not GC, but Body, Remember might be just what you're looking for. Profoundly sensual. The echo of caresses: raw black coconut, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, champaca flower, and sugar cane. It's got that sweet/dark thing going on that you've mentioned you're looking for, and the ambergris and champaca give an incense vibe with a fabulous non-foody sugared coconut. It's from this year's Lupers, so probably not too hard to find.

this isn't really noted as an incense scent but Athens.... A reformulation and modernization of a true Classical Greek perfume, myrrhine: voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers.

that and defututa have sky rocketed to my top 10 on first test.....Olive blossom, honey, smoky vanilla, cinnamon, jasmine, sandalwood, and champaca flower.

If you liked Temple Viper, I would also give Tombeur from the Vamps don't sleep alone section - it wears very similarly to temple viper on me - and it's super sexy!

Ella, for months over the winter and spring I went nuts trying to find the perfect sweet incense blend.

Now, this was more of a "purple" sweet incense than a sugary sweet incense, but sweet incense nonetheless: WITCH QUEEN.

OMG I lovelovelove this blend, and I highly recommend you get to try a decant of it!!!!!

ETA: Also, for sugary boozey incensey musk, any SMUT will do. :)

Edited by Lorna Brigid

Ella, for months over the winter and spring I went nuts trying to find the perfect sweet incense blend.

Now, this was more of a "purple" sweet incense than a sugary sweet incense, but sweet incense nonetheless: WITCH QUEEN.

OMG I lovelovelove this blend, and I highly recommend you get to try a decant of it!!!!!

ETA: Also, for sugary boozey incensey musk, any SMUT will do. :)

witch queen is on my iso list:) The reviwes look perfect!

I love tombeur, but I want more sugar:)athens had too much wine, I think I amp wine:(

I have defuta as an imp, I need to test it again:)

body remember I almost loved, but there was a note in it that kept bugging me. Is champaca the same as champaca flower? not sure, something made my toies curl.

I have never tried andy of the chocolate incense. I think I need to add those to my try list.

I tried black temple burlesque and the coffee was too much, so my imp is waiting to be swapped for something else.

I have tried many, it is pretty much the only kind of scent I like. Incense. But trying to find the perfect one is so hard, and so much fun!!!

Have you tried A Nocturnal Reverie? It's from last years halloweenies, I found it quite sugary the notes are: Violet musk and oudh with black amber, ambergris, agarwood, black currant, dark musk, fig, and lavender incense.

Edited by Mel85

Have you tried Urd? The description is: Muscadine, black and red patchouli, cereus and nag champa.

I find this to be a grape-y, sweet sort of incense with a smooth patchouli base. Very "headshoppy."

Also, if you don't mind a whiff of florals, give Spellbound a try. It's lovely. Description: Perfectly enchanting! An irresistibly sexual, utterly rapturous blend of three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk.

Have you tried Aureus? On me it's all patchouli, but many people find it sweet and woody-resiny.

From last fall's Frankenstein LEs, The Moon Gazed on My Midnight Labors is a great sweet-musky-incensey sort of blend. The notes are: Moroccan musk, black opium poppy, clove, and orris root.

Oh! And last but not least, Blood Amber is a gloriously sweet blend of dragon's blood and amber resin. Description: slivers of warm, pulsating blood forever crystallized in golden amber resin. I get compliments on it all the time.

Oh! don't know why I didn't think of it before - Halloween: Las Vegas! definitely has the incense, and the sugar! smells like sangria, red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, and incense!

~Bree

Seconding Aureus. It's like a tea-like, dirt-like, golden incense with a dry sweetness. A staple for me.

A Nocturnal Reverie, I haven't tried this:) I need to find some!

moon gazed on my midnight labors is one I have been looking for.

I liked spellbound, blood amber, eh, I don't like dragon's blood:(

white peacock?! I need to look that one up:)))) I love peacocks!<3

and I have aureus in my swap pile, I will need to try it too:)

Okay, I feel like I've missed something (like, not read closely enough!) but have you tracked down Midnight on the Midway? There's some floral in there as well, but it's definitely sugared incense.

Just went back through my swaps.

Tried midnight on midway, it has a perfume scent I dint like, cologne.

Athens is really close! If the wine note was instead an amber resin note!!:) but the flowers are perfect! And it is nice and sweet sugar:)