Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
orata

Wembley

Innocently indecisive: white musk, banana, orange blossom honey, pineapple, and mint.

BANANA! PINEAPPLE! HONEY!

It's like a tropical honey attack. It's a bit overwhelming actually.

But definitely in the vein of the Tiki Lounge blends.

I wembled on Wembley, but I really can't resist anything with pineapple. In the bottle... yeah, it's not good. It's pretty much all bad honey. I was super-excited to see it had arrived but after one whiff of the bottle, I set it aside on the BPAL shelf. When I finally got the nerve to skin-test, it was more pineapple/banana/mint than honey, but overall it's a very light scent and the powdery-sour honey note still hangs around enough that I think it'll be put in the swap box.

On: Lots of fruits with powdered sugar and a slightly sour note.
3.5 hours later: The musk is definitely coming forward more now. It still has a hint of fruit to it.
7 hours later: Lovely. This is a light honey with white musk on me. There's a hint of pineapple and mint, but nothing much.
Overall: I really like this on me. Honey blends love me.

Whoops, no. This one doesn't work on me. I'm not sure whether it's the banana or the pineapple, but something's going weird.
I don't know what orange blossom honey smells like, but this "honey" is the thing that doesn't smell very good with my skin chemistry.
I had hoped this one would work out for me, but I think the combination just isn't right for me.

BAAAANAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAA in the bottle and on application — just slightly artificial. A little mint dances in and out as it cycles through the various notes through the drydown: too much honey, pineapple, too much honey, neroli, musk, too much honey. woo!

It's almost exactly like the Starburst fruit roller coaster ad. It's up! it's down! It's pineapple! it's mint! It's honey! It's WHAT IS IT I DON'T KNOW IT'S EVERYWHERE AT ONCE WAAAAAAA

Edited by Soupy Twist

In the decant: Pineapple, banana, orange blossom, and honey, with a hint of mint, accompanied by a blast of white musk.

Wet: The pineapple is the strongest note on my skin, followed by the orange blossom, some honey, and the light mint. The pineapple in this has an effervescent quality on my skin (probably helped by the white musk). The mint ends up becoming a little stronger, and the banana peeks out, which reminds me more of banana-flavored candy than actual banana.

Dry: Mint-infused orange blossom honey, some pineapple, and a lot of white musk.

Verdict: It is very fitting that Wembley is a morpher, given that the character is so indecisive! I like how the scent represents that part of Wembley while also representing the way he looks and how energetic his character is. Wembley's scent is better than I thought I would be, given the list of notes, but not something I can see myself wearing. I'm really glad I tried it, though!

Wet: BANANANANANANANANNANANA bubblegum. Guessing that's the mint making it weird powdery.

Dry:

L wrist - banana bubblegum/candy

R wrist - banana, pineapple, and honey 

Dry-dry: I smell like some kind of umbrella drink.

I know I amp sugary scents so I shouldn't have been surprised. 

Minty banana pineapples with a drizzle of honey. I was a little worried about the mint in here; I didn't know how well that note would play with the fruits. In my case, it's in the background and a little faint, and way more strong when wet. I'd say it's closer to a vanilla mint. Runts candy is a pretty accurate comparison that another reviewer mentioned. The fruits in here are definitely artificial smelling like you'd find in candy.