Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
orata

Wembley

To Wemble is a Fragglish word that means (roughly) “to be so unable to make up one's mind that it's ridiculous.” Wembley is indecision personified. Wembley has an uncanny ability to find merit on both sides of any issue. This talent occasionally casts him in the role of peacemaker.

Innocently indecisive: white musk, banana, orange blossom honey, pineapple, and mint.

Strong, tart, boozy sweet pineapple and banana, like a cocktail you'd get at a tiki bar. I kind of recoiled when i opened it because it was so violently fruity; it was like expecting a daiquiri and taking a big swig of undiluted sour mix instead. Very tropical, very Luau Lounge. If you like tropical fruity scents, you will like this! I didn't smell much mint or strong honey in it, though it was certainly sweet, so don't be scared off by those notes. (Be scared off by the bananapple attack instead!)

Thoughts before testing: White musk never works on me, and the mint is worrisome. But banana is such a rare note that I had to try this!

Wet: STRONG on the white musk but thankfully it doesn't turn into the baby wipes of doom on my skin. I'm definitely smelling the banana and pineapple. Just the tiniest hint of mint and it's really more of a bracing afterthought than the "HALLO THEY CALL ME MINT!" scent of the Lick Its.

Dry down: After about 10 minutes, the white musk and hint of mint are both absolutely gone. The banana and pineapple are doing a little dance and sending off a very tropical vibe. I'm getting the slightest whiff of the orange blossom honey, but it's definitely taking a backseat to the banana and pineapple show.

Dry: It mellows out into a kind of generic tropical smell. Nice, but not really what I'm looking for.

Final thoughts: This was so much fun to test! I have discovered that I definitely don't want to smell like bananas, and the dry stage was disappointing, but I'm so glad that I was able to try this one. If you're into tropical scents, give Wembley a whirl.

Verdict: I'm keeping the imp, but won't need a bottle.

I was nervous about this one because I really dislike banana notes in perfume. But I do very well with musk, honey, and many fruits.

In the vial: Very sweet banana-pineapple.

Wet: Wow, what a change! Honey-musk and pineapple. There's a shaving of green on top, but nothing I could call mint. Where in the world did all that banana go?

One hour: Very sweet honey-musk with a touch of pineapple.

Two hours: This seems to have settled on honey-musk pineapple, all right. It is very sweet, but in a honey-musk sort of way, not in a juicy pineapple sort of way.

Three hours: Very stable honey-musk pineapple. Given the way my skin loves honey and musk, this will probably go on pretty much unchanged for several more hours.

This scent is as sweet as dear Wembley himself! I think this is the most I've ever enjoyed pineapple in a blend.

Yummy yummy this is strange and nice! The banana was very dominant at first, but then it turned to a nice sort of fruity summery thing. Very good, yes on the bottle.

Aww, Wembley is so much fun! This scent is seriously ALL OVER THE PLACE, but in a good way.

It starts off as a very heavy, almost boozy pineapple/banana mixture. It really does seem suited to a tiki blend, but the melange of notes work as an homage to everyone's favorite wishy-washy Fraggle too. The orange blossom makes it just a bit soapy, but it doesn't overpower the other notes like it has a tendency to do on my skin. The mint just peeks through from time to time and gives the blend an edge; without it, it would be just another boozy tropical cocktail, but the mint makes it special.

I don't think I'll upgrade to a bottle, but I'm so glad I got the opportunity to try it. :D

Immediately after application it is STRONG pineapple and mint. Then honey oozes out, and I hate it.. I hate the lab's honey note, sorry :huh?:

I never get any musk at all unfortunately, and the mint disappears quickly, leaving honey, then pineapple, then a hint of banana. Not my thing at all I'm afraid.

Love all these notes on their own, but together in Wembley they are a big ol' mess. Super pineapple-y when wet this starts out reminiscent of a Tiki Bar blend, but there is something about it very high and sour. I ended up washing this off. :(

y'know the yellow pepperoncinis you get in the pizzaboxes from Papa Johns? i call those Wembleys - and i always have - because, well, they look like him.

there's a smooshy spot in my heart for quirky guys who rock the Hawai'ian shirt.

but as for the oil? it's every scent from a candy dish. including licorice and peppermint, and those jelly orange slices. all at once.

When wet I got a nauseating strong pineappley banana hit ... like being smacked round the head with a bowl of fruit salad - I'd almost decided that I hated it before it settled.

However once it settled it transforms bizarrely into almost the smell of Butterfly Nectar bath oil ... bizarrely as I'd been looking for a perfume oil similar to this. Honey and sugar-dusted petals, with a side order of some delicate slices of fruit. What a transformation :wub2:

The only downside is that it fades quite quickly, 2 hours in and its very faint :(

Edited by ReallyZeb

I don't know what to think about this one- I like it, I think... the banana is good, I usually don't like banana in my fumes but this one is nice. The dry down is confusing- I feel like I smell gardenias or some kind of white flower... which I also think I like- this one is pretty good... can't decide if I want a bottle... :umm:

I have a soft spot for Wembley - and not just because of the Hawaiian shirts. So I had to try this.. even though on my skin white musk=sweat, honey=baby poo, and mint=toothpaste. Inspired by Wembley himself, I chose to cast aside the potential evil of the white musk, honey and mint.. and believe in the good of the banana, orange blossom and pineapple.

I'm so glad I did! This really isn't a perfume I'm ever going to wear, but I will use up my decant just for fun because it smells like mushed up bananas, oranges and pineapple. Sweet but not overly so, fruity without being FRUITY, and simple without being dumb. The honey almost ruins it.. almost, but not quite. The mint is sharp at first, but soon fades away, although there's something green underneath all this fruit - perhaps that's mint remnants.

Much like its namesake, this one is a bit all over the place - fruit cocktail one minute, musky honeyness the next - kinda quirky, but cute. If I were five years old, I would probably wear this every day.

This one is definitely a little odd.

The banana note is most prominent, while the blend is wet.

As it dries, the balance shifts and the honey note and white mint become more prominent, and it shifts from being a sort of tropical smoothie scent to something more like a vaguely fruity-floral honey. It's kind of a weird transition, but I end up liking the dry scent better than the wet scent -- it reminds me a little of Valse Finale et Apotheose, with the white mint + floral honey.

I dislike bananas both in perfume and in juices (although I love eating them by themselves!), so I suspected this scent wasn't going to be for me. It was definitely an interesting scent experience to have, and I don't think I've ever really smelled anything like it.

This was very very odd, especially when wet. Immediately it reminded me of -- pina colada chapstick? As a small child I once stubbornly locked myself in the bathroom in protest and ate a pina colada chapstick for sustenance. This smells like that tasted - pina colada-y but with a non-edible/ fake element (or in this case smell) to it.

This had really crazy throw when wet (especially the white musk). It was nearly headache inducing for me. When this dried out it became more reasonable throw, but still very very weird, and more foody than I would like.

Errrmm... I don't know why I ordered this. I don't even like predominantly fruity blends. We start with a blast of banana booze in the imp. Immediately applied, it's boozy banana pineapple. As it settles in, the orange blossom honey is noticeable (and it's delicious). Further in, the boozy effect burns off. It's now starting to smell like orange blossom honey, with a touch of banana and musk and mint. If the pineapple is there, it's too subtle for me to smell.

On me, Wembley dries into something warm, sweet, and round, like sitting in the backyard on a hot summer day with a sweet fruity cocktail in your hand and the garden flowers wafting their heat-beleaguered scents at you. The white musk and mint occasionally give off a spark, but otherwise this is a blend that comes off a little bit flat-line, or less multi-layered than other BPALs. It has minimal throw.

Edited by obsidienne

In decant: whoa~ banana and pineapple! Actually, the pineapple is definitely more front and center. Sweet, and like this particular candy I remember I used to have when I was a kid, a pineapple-orange candy.

Wet on skin: err...something is going quickly to plastic on my skin, and I suspect it is the banana. I've tested a few other blends with banana before, and while it is from other etailers, I remember they also went plasticky on me. Also, the pineapple is disappearing! It's now mostly a vaguely pineapple scent: mint, white musk, and faint memories of fruits.

Dry: plasticky, dusty mint and white musk with a whisper of fruits. I don't know if aging will help this some, but most of the interesting notes in this blend disappear, which is a shame. Not that I'd wear it, but they were interesting!

Verdict: pass. I knew I wouldn't be getting this, but I was quite disappointed to see the interesting notes disappear.

All of the Fraggles seem to have a strange, artificial sort of quality to them (like a mix of candy and soaps), and Wembley has a strange plastic-y feel to it. Pineapple sometimes has a plastic-y, waxy edge on my skin, and I think that's what's happening here.

Starts off as plastic-y pineapple and powdery banana candy, and dries down to a light, kind of powdery honey, mint, and whiffs of tropical fruit candy. Doesn't have much throw on me and only lasts about an hour overall.

Of all the Fraggle scents, I only really enjoy Gobo and Uncle Travelling Matt, but they have no staying power to them :(

In the vial the banana dominates with pineapple also noticeable. Wet on skin I get a hint of musk and mint, hardly any honey (a relief since it doesn't tend to work for me), and that banana-pineapple combo is turning thick and almost creamy, kind of reminiscent of a really awesome, sophisticated milkshake. Middling to decent throw, although it fades quite quickly.

That's 3/3 Fraggles I've tried that are going to be definite bottle purchases.

I initially "wembled" on this one because pineapple sometimes doesn't play nice with my skin, but Wembley seems to like me. It's a tropical explosion onf pineapple and banana wet, with a hint of mint. As it dries down the mint disappears and I slowly end up amping the delicious honey above the tang of the pineapple and creamy banana, so I get a gentle fruity honey cooled by soft white musk. Tropical honey! I'm so glad I sprang for a bottle.

Edited by Invidiana

Oddly I do not get banana in this blend. It's predominantly pineapple - but not fresh pineapple, more like dried pineapple (that sweet candied element). But there's also some definite white musk in there. It stays pretty consistent on my skin although the notes take about 60 seconds to settle down on my skin. But then it's all dried pineapple with musk in the background.

Edited by neuilly

Wow this is seriously fruity.

This blend made me realize that I do not like to smell of pineapple. At all. My hopes were for the banana (that's what she said). But this is all pineapple on my skin, it has a bit of a honeyed feel.

Not for me.

Wet it smells soapy. Then I get pineapple and mint. as it dries it turns into a tropical fruit mix. I can't pick out the notes and it has no throw. Dry it just smells like sugar, similar to sugar skull. quite a morpher.

This is almost all banana on my skin right after application. As it begins to dry, I pick up the pineapple as well. It's a very light-hearted scent and I may turn my decant into a bottle sometime in the future.

Wet: Fruity! & Tropical!

Drydown: Mainly banana with a hint of mint. Perhaps some pineapple too. Definitely tropical, but surprisingly reserved.

Dry: Light, tropical musk with a touch of banana...10 hrs later it becomes crazy sexy all out-of-the-blue-like. At this point it actually resembles Defututa quite a lot!

6.5 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

I expected this to not be a good scent on me (I turn honey rancid almost all the time and fruity scents tend to go too sweet with my chemistry), but I had to try it out since I love Fraggles. And I was right, this isn't for me, but it didn't turn in the way I thought it would.

I ended up with a mishmash of pineapple, mint (odd-since my skin always Eats All Mint), banana and something I can't identify. Its a very Wembley scent, and smells exactly how his shirt looks.

I had to wash it off after about 20 minutes, just didn't agree with me.

If you like fruity scents, this one will probably work pretty well.

Strong banana and something alcoholic at first. The banana smells like those poofy banana marshmallows, quite candy-like. Dry, a soft banana, kind of comforting actually. I don't mind this, but probably won't wear it again.