Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lavinia

Morgause

Earth sorceress and mother of Mordred, she is, in essence, the harbinger of King Arthur's doom and the downfall of Camelot. She is a sister, or sister-self, to Morgan Le Fay. A bouquet of five night-blooming flowers deepened by dusky violet, purple fruits and the barest breath of medieval incenses.

In the Bottle: Violet, night blooming jasmine...such a great combination!

On Me: Hmmm....as much as I liked it in the bottle, I think its going to turn to ass on me for some reason.

No...its starting to sweeten up a bit. Hopefully it won't turn to ass, because the initial scent was very reminicent of civet scents on me. In fact, there is a light scent of it in the background still, past a delicious smell of flowers. But as much as that delicious smell of flowers is there, that civet/ass scent is sickening.

However, then there comes a slight grape scent to it, ad the whole scent mellows out. But still, there, lurking in the corners of my wrist, is that awful ass smell.

The overtone is lovely, but the ass has got to go. I'll swap this to someone that civit likes better than me.

This is an amazing concoction. I had to try it, considering I've read "The Mists of Avalon" so many times, I've had to buy the book twice.

This scent makes me think of the beautiful, flame-haired Morgause silently stealing away under the nights' sky to the Beltane fires to lie with a beautiful young Captain in her husband Lot's Army. Her dark purple cloak billows out behind her and between her breasts lies a medallion given to her during her childhood on Avalon. She has scented her body with precious oils, but the incense from the night's church service still lingers in her hair, the berries from the night's feast still lingering on her lips. This is a regal, womanly and sexy scent.

The night blooming flowers are well tempered with the sweetness of the fruit (I get blackberry instead of plum here, but it's probably my chemistry) and the violets and insence darken the blend and give the heady brew a bit of darkness that hints at Morgause's more self-serving nature.

I'll be purchasing a bottle of this, be certain of that. It's just an amazing, complicated blend that captures the spirit of Morgause in all her glory.

Okay, I really liked the smell of this in the bottle. It was flowery, but not sweet, more neutral. However, when I put it on, I really started to smell the incense. I just don't think I'm an incense fan. It started to remind me more of a New Age shop than perfume. The incense really began to overpower all the other smells for me.

Now that I've had it on for a few hours, the flower scent has come out more, though it is subdued. However, the hint of the resin/incense is too much for me. I think I need to stick to the flowery scents more than anything else.

In the bottle, Morgause smells strangely of civet to me. When I first put it on, it smells like French perfume. As it blooms, I smell a hint of the night-blooming flowers, a faint hint of the fruits, and a bit more of the incense. Over time the violet comes more to the forefront, with the other scents fading more into the background, but still a hint of the other flowers. It is a pretty sophisticated floral. Not something I'd wear every day, but nice.

MORGAUSE ... ordered as an imp based on notes

BOTTLE: VIOLET hits me hard with a little something extra

WET: So far, so good ... despite the scary word "fruit" in the notes, it's lovely, floral and slightly sophisticated without being exotic. Very subtle. I could see this being a VERY popular mass market scent. There is some fruit but it's just enough to be a hint, not a ewwwwwwwwwwww. It isn't going yuck on me.

DRYDOWN: Violety floral with a touch of round tone. Soooooooooooo nice.

This is perfectly lovely. Very floral--a sweet floral with a faint hint of the violet. I thought it was a "light" scent, but it's not, it gets darker as it dries and the incenses peek out for a moment. It's still very sweet, the violets aren't as sharp as in some other blends, but my skin is very kind to night blooms so I'm sure that helps.

I tried this twice and did not like it at all - too dry and powdery, like old lady perfume. But I applied it again today, wanting to write a review, and to my surprise it smelled quite different! Very wet and fruity this time, so I like it much better. I agree with the other reviews that say it is "purple". Sniffing my wrists is like burying my nose in a bunch of fresh, rain covered violets. This would be lovely for a fancy dinner or any formal, dress-up occasion.

Morgause is a very generous imp from the Lab.

Straight from the vial onto my wrist, this smells very musky, heavy and purple. I'm not liking the top notes at all, because the musk is so darn heavy...almost like civet. It fades back after just a few minutes though, so things rapidly improve for me from there.

The middle notes are sweet violets and overripe berries...a very pretty scent, sweet and fragrant. This smells a lot like my bottle of Violetta di Parma with just a bit of something else, jasmine maybe?

The final dryout of Morgause has just a hint of that animal muskiness that I had problems with in the beginning. It's the only thing preventing me from loving it.

I'm going to gift this to someone I think might enjoy it.

This one is nice... it's flowery, but not overly fake smelling or girly. It's dark and mysterious... wonderful scent :P

Morgause - in the bottle all I get it a deep floral.

After applying I get an immediate impression of dusky purpleness. This is not a meek floral, it is very powerful and seductive. A bit later there's an impression of something fruity but I can't quite figure out what it could be - not plums or grapes but I'm drawing a blank on what other kinds of purple fruit there are :P An hour later I can smell the incense and it blends so well with the florals. I really like this so I may have to get a big bottle.

Initial Sniff: Violets! This is a very deep dark floral.

Wearing: This is quite flowery - eventually the fruit peeks out a little, but not much. The incense makes this blend bearable.

Final Impressions: I'm beginning to think that violets don't like me. Nonetheless, this is a very nice blend if you do dark florals.

sniffed in the bottle it's subdued, slightly fruity but not the bold screaming berry reek of Bewitched or the others i've collected for their "purple" fruits and spice. this one is a grower, rather than a shower. :P

at first application the fruity quality seems to waft with a slightly peppery bent, i started thinking of hunter moon, but the pepper hint didn't last and it wasn't a very strong effect. i suspect now it was the first efforts of the incensy spices to come up. since it took a little time for the fruit to fade and let the other notes through.

dry, i'm slightly surprised as i was really expecting this to be a strong scent, one of those mighty-wafting perfumes that announces itself boldly; but it's much more subtle and i'm having to sniff it out, and it's only about 20 minutes in! the incense is prominent now, the majority note, and it's a real chapel and altar incense- wonderful! i just wish it were *stronger*. it seems that this one is going to last long as an incensed floral with a faintly sweet pull to it, it's dark and subtle, keeping close to the body and warm.

it's a nice one, but Blood Countess, as a much stronger force will remain higher on my favorites list.

In the vial: Violets. Lots of them, too.

Wet: Violets & some of those purple fruits are there. Nothing that I can identify, it smells slightly fruity.

Dry: See above. It doesn't get stronger, or smell weird, actually it didn't do anything. Violets & slight fruity. Stayed the same.

Boring blend, rates an "eh" with me. I got the imp in a swap, but I was expecting a little more. Back to the swap pile with this one.

w/ my obsession for things of camelot, i had had to have this one, and then my obsession w/ violets booted it.

this is deep incensy, violet and a hint of wine perchance? deep, dark, tintagel's evil sister. lovin it!

Morgause

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): When I first applied this, my first thought was, “Wow, this is gorgeous!” It immediately put me in a good mood, and my mood has yet to dampen. I never thought I’d ever find a ‘signature scent’, but if this doesn’t change much, I may have finally found it. :P (though it’ll have to pass the Hubby Test to be absolutely certain)

This is a sweet, fruity floral that is oddly familiar. I absolutely love it! I could bathe in this stuff.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): Thankfully this hasn’t changed at all. It is still a wet, juicy, fruity-floral. Utterly delicious!

Throughout the Day (10am-on): This slowly dissipates throughout the day, but still remains its wet, juicy, fruity-floral self. This is definitely a pick-me-up, girly scent. I absolutely love it. Straight to the Big Bottle List!

Vial ~ A eucalyptus-strength mint over a sweet floral.

Wet ~ *cough* On me, a sweet, powdery and sharp floral.

Drying ~ I just got a whiff of band-aid smell while typing, but when I put my wrists up to my face I got candied flowers from my left wrist and random powder from my right. Weird.

Drydown ~ One of the sweeter, random oils that you might find sample vials of near the cash registers of funky imports stores. A sweet, dusty resin on me.

Dry ~ Ugh. A sweet floral trying to turn powdery is not a wonderful experience to my nose.

Fade ~ A warm, slightly sweet powder with a teeny plastic scent to it.

Final thoughts ~ At best, this was okay. At worst, slightly alarming. I may have to wash and comfort myself with something more familiar.

In Bottle: Very floral and perfumey.

On Skin: Very, very pretty. This is a very femine perfume. The florals are dark and not “spring” like… I think of walking around a garden at night and the lingering smell of the violet and maybe something sweeter like honeysuckle? I don’t smell fruits sadly… The incenses are not showing themselves yet… they usually come out on me as the scent fades. I don’t see this as an evil scent, but rather as comforting. I don’t really wear florals, but if I were to wear one this might be it… but not to a club.

Morgause:

Wet: strongly violet.

Drydown: I detect some fruity hints in the background, but this is remaining mostly violet.

Longterm wear: I'm thinking that I really don't care for Violet. :/ That's really all I got out of this.. violet. :P Shame, I think I really could've liked this one.

i wanted very badly to like this, and i did at first (very lovely in the imp....), but once it got on my skin...

this was the one that let me know that violets DO NOT like me. nor does incense.

i'm afraid that it made me quite lightheaded and dizzy, with a lovely headache to follow. i'm very sad that it didn't agree with me; it smells divine in the bottle; floral but dark, like flowers at twilight, with sweet smoke in the background.

Morgause is all jasmine on me. I like jasmine, but sometimes it takes over everything else and screams: “Hello! I’m jasmine! You are SO wearing me!” And then it’s a bit much. That’s what happened with this. I couldn’t smell the violet or the purple fruits at all, let alone the incense. When it dries down it’s a bit better, but still mostly jasmine. It’s a swapper.

Edited by lokelani

It was like purple berries in the imp... and the image of a purple fairy sitting on a ripe, juicy plum. My boyfriend got a hint of it and exclaimed, "Ah, JASMINE!" ... on my skin the berry scent deepened into a earthy frolicking aroma. It was all deepest purple and secretive. Like midnight in the land of fae. The musk came through after it dried on my skin a bit and was very sexy and mature. My conclusion: I need a big bottle of this!

This fits my personality: Purple, midnight, fruity, earthy and jubilant! :P

Edit: my only complaint is it didn't last very long before it faded.... and none of the smell had very much 'throw' to it... you had to have your nose right over my wrist to really smell it... but maybe I just didn't put enough on. It's okay though, I'll slather it on if I have to! This scent is divine!

Edited by amberlox

Mysterious and dark purple come to mind when I first sniff the imp. I love violets, but the ones in this imp hate me apparently.

In the imp: Plummy dark floral.

Initial application: STRONGLY floral for literally about 90 seconds, then calms down.

After 10 minutes: Deep velvety blooms, a bit of juicy plum in the background.

After an hour: This is surprisingly soft on me, but lovely. Beth is totally winning me over to floral scents, much to my great surprise! The incense is coming out more over time, but it's not a predominantly 'incensey' scent - as others have said, it just seems to give it a little more depth. Sweet, but not-too-sweet, purple darkness. I can't stop sniffing myself!

I didn't like this one much at first sniff -- too generic-flowery, just sort of "perfume" smell. Upon warming on my skin, it rapidly began to metamorphose. First the incense coming forward, then violets and purple fruitiness, but dark, like a dream of a rich black plum. And then the incense again . . .

This is not an innocent floral, and it doesn't seem like "The Mists of Avalon" Morgause to me, but rather "The Once and Future King" Morgause: the Queen of Air and Darkness. She puts this scent on and lazily smells her own wrist again and again, looking into the mirror by candlelight, brushing out her midnight-black hair. . .

. . . Morgause is casting her spell. . . I’m ensorcelled. . .