Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Towing a scrotum boat.

Honeydew, honey, and sparkling golden-green musk.

Towin' da Scrotum Boat.

This tanuki's scrota-quota is apparently a bunch of sweet, ripe honeydews rolling down the river for his big-balled compatriots.

On the skin, fresh, wet, drippy melons, that dry down a bit and remain the cool sweet flesh of the flavor. Honey presents itself then as a waffle/foody topnote that almost brings to mind those Japanese melon-flavored flaky pastries. I'm sure there is an overaching, cool, airy green musk above the rest.

It's very nice.

TOW DEM SCROTUMZ

(coming soon to A+E or TruTV)

Oh my goodness, I smell like honeydew melon :blink: It never hits a candylike stage the way The Vine did, which is reassuring (though the two smell similar in the bottle). But the honeydew is strong!

I was concerned about the honey. Some honeys play nice on me, and others go funky. The Vine went funky upon full wear, and this smells like exactly the same honey on me. However, it's either playing nicer with the green musk/honeydew, or there's less of it in this, because it never quite crosses that rancid, funky line.

I LOVE green musk. I've loved it in The Two-Tailed Sogg, Luna Moth and 51, and this is no different. It's gorgeous and fresh, and marries really nicely with the fruit and honey, though I could stand for it to be stronger.

Overall, it's a pretty strong melon scent with a good amount of honey and a refreshing dose of green musk. I just need to decide if I want to smell like MELONMELONMELONMELON. I would have rathered green musk with a little honey and a background whiff of melon!

Edited by Klepz

This is a bubblegum honeydew. I wish I had a gum that tasted like this smells!! :yum: Very sweet and kind of candy-like.

This becomes a little... effervescent after a bit and loses the candy feel. It must be the green musk. Very interesting. It actually makes me think of a honeydew plant more than candy now. Still sweet though.

I don't think it's for me, but it is interesting.

Lots of honey in this bottle, it is reminding me of another honey heavy blend that I can't bring to mind right this moment. I get the honey and a bit of the soft musk, but actually not much of the melon that I smelled in the bottle. It may be due to where I tested though, things can sometimes end up very different on the back of my wrists (as opposed to the inside of my wrists where I usually apply perfume). I do like it very much, this is the sort of honey that works very well on me, but I do hope that once I wear it on the insides of my wrists the melon and musk come out to play.

ETA: I figured out what this is reminding me of, it's the lovely rich honey in Lady Una. And upon testing it again today in my usual application spots I definitely am able to pick up the melon and the gorgeous musk. This one is light on me, but very lovely, and I can see it being a favorite when it is really hot and humid outside and heavier scents can be overwhelming.

Edited by Hillary

Yum, honeydew! Hikifune smells exactly like Japanese melon candies (hi-chews especially), or the melon milk teas I've gotten at the local boba/tapioca pearl drink shops. This is quite sweet, and at first piercingly so, but eventually the honey and musk smooths the blend out. Most of BPAL's fruit blends tend to go plastic/artificial on my skin, and I'm glad that Hikifune isn't going that route. It's still a scent I'd rather drink (not literally) than smell like, so I'm happy with just my decant.

Mmm. Time to go visit my local Lollicup/Quickly's for some honeydew milk tea. :yum:

Edited by thatbrownelf

MELON melon melon melon melon melon..... Ripe, sticky with honey, and much more like melon candy than actually honeydew melon. This is very similar to The Vine, if perhaps even sweeter.

This is a fun scent, but I don't know if I could actually wear it. I think in larger quantities than the single dot I put on it would become cloying. It's still screaming melon and I put it on an hour ago.

What they said. Sweet, ripe, dripping honeydew melon, a bit of extra warm sweetness from the honey, and a bit of effervescence from what I'll assume are the green and golden musks. Pretty strong but I love true-to-life fruit smells and this fits the bill there. A very happy scent! I also love the bottle art, it's really beautiful despite the scrot-theme.

Something I would have Loved to wear when I was a teenager; sweet, bubbly, melony and kind of innocent but pleasant.

A bit too sweet for me nowadays, so I am not sure I will be keeping it, but I might gift it to a friends daughter rather than sell or swap - and knowing her mother, she'll just laugh until she falls over about the name :P

ETA: on longer drydown, it actually becomes very pretty.

Still too "young" for me, but it's not bad in any way.

Edited by Asinya

This is really quite pleasant, but very very honeydew melon.

Until it dries all I really get is honeydew. After about 5 minutes or so I start to get a lovely honeyed vanilla which makes it a bit more girly, but much more wearable. The sweetness then wears off into something slightly more green but still quite pleasant.

I can't help but think of this scent as the honeydew melon equivalent of Kitty. Only this one is less sweet with fewer layers of scent to pick up on. Overall, I am kind of surprised at how much I enjoy this.

In the decant--Huge, bright, juicy, sweet honeydew.

Wet--Very ripe, realistic honeydew with a sharp, almost cologne edge. That edge must be the musk. It smells almost overripe and has a ton of throw.

Dry--After the wet phase passes, it all settles down into a sweet but not overwhelming fresh honeydew. Pretty good throw for at least an hour.

An hour or so after that, the honeydew fades into the background and I'm left with mostly musk. Musk and I don't really get along all that well. This isn't bad, but it leaves a sort of rough edge I don't love.

I think I might enjoy the decant once or twice in the summer, but I don't need a whole bottle.

If I could get past the wet stage of this one, I think I would be able to wear it...

BPAL's honey and I do not get along as a general rule...and when this is wet it actually makes me a bit nauseas (sp?). After about 30 minutes this is beautiful! Sparkling honeydew and a bit of musk...reminds me a lot of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat without the herbs. The drydown is very nice - the honeydew settles into more of a skin scent, grounded by the musk and the honey isn't present to my nose (thank goodness). I will definitely use up my decant. :) 6/10

In bottle: This really oes smell strongly of honeydew, more consentrated than in an actual melon, but it feels authentic. The honey is next strongest, with the soft green musk blending beautifully with the honey dew. Wet: It’s still strongly honey dew dominant and with the honey support is making me think of some of the honeydew based treats they sell at the Asian market. This really is all about the melon, with the other notes a delicate setting for the jewel. Dry: The honeydew fades down to a ghost, breaking down into some lovely accord components that last longer than the others, but the honey and musk are lovely with what’s less. Delicious with more staying power than I expected, though it doesn’t survive as honeydew per se.

In decant: one word for this: melonnnnn~~ it's a fresh, ripe melon--not too sweet or syrupy. Lovely and yummy.

Wet on skin: that same melon in the decant, with a hint of musk, and a touch of honey, making it a shade bit sweeter. Right now, as much as I love this, I know I wouldn't wear it...but I was told I should give this about thirty minutes ;) so I'm settling in to wait. It's 21:42!

Dry: well, one thing I can definitely say, it's not as highly melon as it dries. It does soften considerably, and go from that ripe juicy melon to a softer, muskier melon. Duskier, I'd say. Still definitely recognizable as melon, but this one for sure would have been a keeper when I started. If I needed to find two words to describe it, it would be "melon musk". A friend told me it reminded him of Fee, and I agree, it's a more "present" Fee. I don't have any Fae with me as well, and it's been a long time since I've tried Fae, but I was reminded of that as well. I did wait thirty minutes and an hour over, and while it certainly grows softer and softer and less fruity, it really is a bit too fruity for me.

Verdict: melon lovers rejoice! This is a wonderful, wonderful melon blend, and if I only wore fruity blends I know this would be a keeper straight off. It's a very beautiful, fresh and balanced melon musk blend. Lovely all around.

Edited for grammerz.

Edited by angelamaria

I don't really enjoy wearing melon scents, but this is a beautiful ripe honeydew melon scent--very sweet, but it gets a slight sharp, citrussy tang to it as it dries down (must be the green musk) that makes it much more interesting to me than just plain sweet juicy melon. If I were a melon fan, I'd be stockpiling this!

Wet: Strong melon.

Drydown: Honeydew with a drop of honey. There's a funky sidenote for about 20 minutes, then it trails off.

Dry: The musk softens the blend and adds subtlety. Soft, gentle honeydew.

This is a pretty straightforward blend. It reminds me of a melon eau de toilette I had as a young teen (limited 2 I think) but it's much more sophisticated than that. Still, this feels very young to me. I like it and could see wearing it to a backyard BBQ or swim party, but other than that I think it would be better suited for someone younger/more innocent-minded than myself. This will be perfect for introducing my young cousins to BPAL I think ;)

6 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

I had hope for the honey and musk in this, but no such luck. This is the spitting image of Fee on me: all honeydew, all the time. No musk, no honey, just honeydew. Honeydew that amps to cloying melon rolled in Sweet 'N Low. We will never be friends.

Drydown: Honeydew with a drop of honey. There's a funky sidenote for about 20 minutes, then it trails off.

I put it on and all I could think was 'melon, with a backnote of scrotum' :nervous:

I'm counting down that 30 minutes to see if I can cope ...

Once it's properly dried down I do get musky melon, but the melon is so in your face that I can't see it's worth suffering through the scrotum phase :(

Edited by ReallyZeb

Utterly divine honey-sweet melon in the imp. On me it rages into sugary sweet but then settles down into a dewy fresh melon with hints of musk. Quite different and very pleasant. I like it but I doubt I'd wear it. My decant shall go to my 6-year-old who will love it to bits :D

Wet: melon and something a bit pungent, probably the honey which can be a bit iffy on my skin. It's very sugary-sweet.

Dry: this morphs into a very airy scent. Airy, perfumey melon with just a tiny hint of honey.

It would make a good summertime scent if I had actually liked smelling of melons.

Sweet honeydew. It gets muskier as it dries down, but this a perfumey melon scent.

For those of you that love sweet, juicy fruit scents, cuddle up to this Tanuki.

I don't like this as much as I enjoy Fee (BPTP LE) or Yemaya (GC - Excolo) for melon scents, but I'll probably still keep my decant. I don't love the honey (which gives a sour, slightly off feel to the candy-sweet melon at first) or the green musk (which is a bit too perfumey in the drydown), but the melon note is lovely, and a good mix of candy-sweet and cool and fresh smelling on me. The green musk does give it a bit of a commercial, artificial, perfumey edge that makes me feel slightly headachey, but it's mostly a pleasant, sweet honeydew melon.

This does remind me a little of Fee, which is one of my favorites, but much brighter and sweeter in tone. The melon note is similar, but Fee is a good bit more floral and complex, which sets it apart from this relatively straightforward scent.

A very juicy melon and honey. I tend to like honey notes, but I can find them a little overwhelming in some blends (as I did in The Vine). Here, the honey is sweet but soft and blends really seamlessly with the melon and doesn't dominate.

This was the keeper for me of the Tanukis I tried. It's a very spring-and-summer-y, happy sort of scent that I've really been enjoying. It's very fruity and sweet, but I think the green musk keeps it a little more perfumey and wearable.

Wow, the honeydew in this is a lot stronger than I expected. In the imp, I only get extremely sweet candy-like honeydew. It reminds me of a Push Pop. Wet, the musk comes out a little bit, but I don't actually smell honey on its own. If there is any, it must be disappearing into the melon.

Ok, perhaps I spoke too soon. After a good five minutes, the honey shows up on my skin, and the musk has calmed down the honeydew, but ultimately, this is a little too sweet for me. I'm not quite sure if this is the musk doing this, but as this further dries down, this is becoming a little dustier. Nice try, but not for me.