Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Klepz

Blossoms in Springtime

Vanilla bean and vanilla blossom, golden honey, antiqued amber, beeswax, copal, lotus blossom, and helichrysum.

I bought this because it shared so many notes with Glowing Vulva (lotus blossom and amber) and Giant Vulva (vanilla blossom, copal, honey and beeswax), and it did not disappoint!

It's a sans-teak Glowing Vulva on wet - all amber and lotus blossom backed by vanilla and a very domesticated honey. Honey can go sexy or rancid/funky on me, but this is very tame and structured, if that makes sense. It has a slight floral quality to it - I suppose the helichrysum, which I looked up and got immortelle, which explains it. This is one of very few florals that I can wear and enjoy. It's just sweet enough without being too sweet; the best descriptive word I can think for it is stunning.

It's a bit cleaner of a scent than I thought it would be, and the helichrysum supports this gorgeous amber/lotus/honey scent that's clean and a tiny bit resinous . I wish I could go more in detail about individual notes, but they blend together very well. It's just a gorgeous perfume, and I think a little age will smooth/mellow it out into a universally loved scent.

Blossoms in Springtime is lightly musky and warm, like clean skin.

In the initial stages I smelled a golden note similar to Hygeia, it might be the shared notes of amber and helichrysum I am detecting.

The scent settles into the skin as a warm vanilla amber with an plume of copal incense. So nice! The vanilla is light, not a gourmand vanilla. The honey and beeswax are also subtle, blending in to enhance the other notes without being especially sweet or foody.

I smell a similarity to the Glowing Vulva bath oil from last year (I never tried the perfume oil), although this is a lighter scent. The two scents are certainly of the same family.

This also reminds me of Womb Furie, except where Womb Furie is brazenly sexual (which I love), this is demure by comparison. Not demure in a boring way, demure in a subtly seductive way.

This is a beautiful scent.

I bought this because it shared so many notes with Glowing Vulva (lotus blossom and amber) and Giant Vulva (vanilla blossom, copal, honey and beeswax), and it did not disappoint!

It's a sans-teak Glowing Vulva on wet - all amber and lotus blossom backed by vanilla and a very domesticated honey. Honey can go sexy or rancid/funky on me, but this is very tame and structured, if that makes sense. It has a slight floral quality to it - I suppose the helichrysum, which I looked up and got immortelle, which explains it. This is one of very few florals that I can wear and enjoy. It's just sweet enough without being too sweet; the best descriptive word I can think for it is stunning.

It's a bit cleaner of a scent than I thought it would be, and the helichrysum supports this gorgeous amber/lotus/honey scent that's clean and a tiny bit resinous . I wish I could go more in detail about individual notes, but they blend together very well. It's just a gorgeous perfume, and I think a little age will smooth/mellow it out into a universally loved scent.

I agree, this is a really, really lovely perfume. It does remind me also of Glowing Vulva, and just a bit of Hod for some reason (but without carnation). I get mostly sweet vanilla, a little beeswax, and a little amber/resin... and just a tiny hint of floral, but thankfully the lotus blossom doesn't take over.

I also agree: this is very likely to be a universally loved scent!! :wub2:

This is certainly a very pretty scent, and one that I think is likely going to be quite popular. It's warm, sweet, foody vanilla in the bottle. Once it's applied, I get the same sort of vanilla that I smell in Snake Oil, Glowing Vulva, and in the Vanilla SN. It blends seamlessly with the resiny, incense hit of the copal and the amber, and a bit of creamy kind of sweetness I associate with the beeswax/honey combo--it feels a bit, for lack of a better term, like Hanukkah to me. It seems to have plenty of throw, too--it sort of wafts around me in a pleasant, ladyparts-inspired cloud of vanilla.

Now, I was curious to see if I was missing something from the helichrysum, which I've never smelled before, so I looked it up to see what it was. The wikipedias inform me that at least one variety of helichrysum is frequently used in perfume, and is characterized by a smell like, and I quote, "a mixture of burnt sugar and ham." I am happy to say that, while perhaps I could say I detect soem burnt sugar--probably just because it's been suggested to me--I smell no pork products whatsoever.

I normally don't review fragrances, but I love this so much I had to! Normally bpal honey goes horribly wrong on me, but in this it didn't. All of the notes blend together really well, and I get just a faint hint of floral. I am not a floral fan at all, so if you normally don't like florals, this still might work for you. To my nose, this is a rich, full vanilla with just a hint of honey at the end. I can not get over how good this smells! It reminds me of Haloes (which I love) without the apricot, or Glowing Vulva without the teak and oak. I actually like this a lot better than GV. The vanilla kind of reminds me of the one in Love's Philosophy, but it's richer and doesn't have the screechy saffron note. I am very impressed with this one and have a feeling that it will only get better with age. I'm definitely getting a back up bottle of this one!!

It's been years since I smelled the Glowing Vulva perfume so I can't really comment on that, but this is definitely reminiscent to me of the Glowing Vulva bath oil (although happily, this doesn't make me think Johnson's & Johnson's!). There is also, to my nose, a similarity to Khrysee. It does have the same Asian vibe to it that all of the Asian blends have (duh, I know, but it was something I noticed, so I'm passing it on), although the vibe is maybe a little more subdued. Vanilla comes from an orchid, so when I saw vanilla blossom, I expected orchid and I don't smell it specifically. I'm not really familiar enough with copal or helichrysum to comment on those, but I can say that the vanilla isn't really a gourmand vanilla; it is more on the cool spectrum to me. I think the amber sort of teams up with the honey and beeswax to create a certain heat, but yesterday I didn't smell that at all, so I think that putting some age on this will improve it. To me, the scent has a sort of cream/off-white color feel, and I am looking forward to seeing where it develops as it continues to settle and age.

Wow, another hit from my batch of Lupers. This is stunning on my skin. Something about it reminds me of Angel. It isn't identical at all, I'm just reminded of it. The copal in this is much more gentle than copal I've encountered in other scents, so thankfully it doesn't overpower the wonderful vanilla and resins. Very, very lovely. Another scent I will certainly want back-ups of.

More Luper win!

The honey and vanilla don't jump out at me at first -- this is more ambery and incensy in a way I have come to associate with Snake Oil and its various blends. There is a touch of floral perfume at first that lends a bit of edge As that smoky sharpness wears down, this becomes the most delicious rich warm vanilla honey scent, with the beeswax holding it all together. It's not foodie per se, but it feels nourishing, sort of like a cup of warm honeyed milk. This is what i want my skin to smell like Yet another requiring backups!

ETA it's a year later and this has aged so well. That floral edge is softer now, and that sense of honeyed milk has deepened and become more blended.

Edited by Gateau

I'm CRUSHED I tell you, CRUSHED!

I hate to be the first to give a less than stellar review, and I'm SO disappointed! :cry: I thought this would be my PERFECT vanilla scent and I bought a 5ML unreviewed, I guess because that's my idea of living dangerously. But on me this is straight up baby power. A LOT of baby powder! In the bottle its straight up vanilla with a little light floral which was soft and round and I was already planning on buying a back up or two (or three).

As soon as I applied it and it dryed it was baby powder from the get go. Now, I dont have anything against baby powder, but on me this was Baby Powder to the Nth Degree. Im soo SAD!! :(

Happy its working for everyone else, that makes me feel so much better! I guess I am a freak of Nature :cry2:

Wowza! I have yet to meet a 2012 Luper I did not swoon over!

Blossoms in Springtime is glorious. In the vial I smell mostly vanilla but when it meets my skin it blossoms in beautiful ways. The honey comes on strong in the beginning, but not overpowering (thank goodness!). As it dries, the amber and beeswax blend so gorgeously with the vanilla - the beeswax lending a creaminess. I am not really detecting any of the lotus or helichrysum, but the copal is there, giving this a lovely resinous background. In the end, this is a creamy vanilla blend that I'm finding to be completely swoon worthy.

Also, I understand the comparisons to Glowing Vulva. But, I happen to like Blossoms in Springtime more. Upgrading my decant to a bottle.

Edited by Antoinette

This is what I've always wished Snake Oil would smell like... it's the wonderful spicy vanilla without the Play-doh note that I keep hoping I'll learn to love. Smooth around the edges, like aged SO, but lighter. Yum.

ETA: For some reason, I'm only able to interpret this scent in terms of other ones. After a full day of wear, this goes through a long stage of smelling like Lilith Victoria (which was basically also a gentler, sort of floral SO on me) and then dries down the same as Giant Vulva. That one came off very bright and almost citrusy on me to start with but dried down to a light sugared skin scent. Same story here.

Edited by awesomeoverlord

When Blossoms in Springtime is wet, it is super-foody. But as soon as it dries, it smells just like the prior Vulva scents.

Unfortunately, on my first full wear, it has given me a tremendous headache.

At first (in the bottle and wet), it's a much sweeter, foodier vanilla than I would have expected. Like vanilla cake and frosting. Very good but kind of generic. As it dries, however, it grows lighter... more sly and sophisticated. The vanilla icing is still there, but the musk and copal go to work making it more ethereal and less edible. I get a little bit of beeswax, but it plays a minor role. There's a tiny speck of spice somewhere in here (kind of mixed into the pale resinous base of the scent?) that's really nice.

It's one of those scents that comes off as floral-but-not-floral. It has that delicate feeling to it without actually smelling like flowers. It's very soft, but suggestive and sensual. I haven't smelled Glowing Vulva, but Blossoms is noticeably a cousin to Giant Vulva. Not really close, but in the same family.

This is a certain keeper. Understated enough to wear anywhere, but really beautiful and evocative.

Mmm, vanilla and creamy floral goodness. I agree with others that this is 'floral' in delicacy without having any strong floral notes. It toes the line between foodie and floral. It is definitely a complex, multi-dimensional vanilla that is sweet like cake with a honey frosting. Very evocative, sensual and yet somewhat innocent. I haven't smelled any of the Vulva scents, but if they are like this, I can definitely understand their popularity.

In the bottle this smells exactly like Love's Philosophy to me - a sweet, generic vanilla. But as soon as it hits my skin it brightens up and turns into this beautiful, delicate vanilla scent. My nose isn't educated enough to pick out any notes, but this is gorgeous and I'm glad I bought a bottle unsniffed! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to last as long as I would like it to.

Edit 02/08: I wore this again all day and it definitely lasted today! Hours after applying I can smell a sweet, slightly perfumey, slightly powdery vanilla scent. At one point this afternoon the beeswax came out and made me wish I had a candle in this scent. I might need a second bottle of this.

Edited by Andalei

I somehow overlooked this when I made my first perusal of the Lupers, but reading the initial reviews I was like, WHOA, back the train up! and added it to my order. I'm so glad I did. As everyone else is saying, this is gorgeous. I get really foody vanilla in the bottle, but on it's much more sophisticated, a clean, warm creamy skin musk scent. It definitely has that vanilla floral-but-not vibe without any majorly heady florals going on. This will be a beautiful daytime scent for spring and, well, pretty much any time. Nice throw and staying power, too. Love love love!

I also bought this because many of the listed notes remind me of Giant Vulva which is my absolute favorite BPAL scent at the moment!

When I first opened the bottle, a creamy note (similar to the one in Love's Philosophy) hit my nose. On my skin, this creaminess mixed with a sharp and almost fruity tartness which I assume was the amber mixed with a very spicy dark honey. The beeswax note is exactly like the one in Giant Vulva or Half Elf v5. The floral notes, which come out after a while, are what I'd describe as mature - not girlish, not old lady-ish.. but mature. And very regal.

BiS has a rich honey note that blends well with the amber and the spicy copal. It is, however, not a light scent like GV or HEv5 but something I'd wear to special occasions or in the evening. I like it but it doesn't quite hit the spot such as GV does.

I love creamy skin scents so much, and this is everything I hoped for. The cream note is very similar to Glowing Vulva and Love's Philosophy, but as soon as it gets on my skin, it smells more like Giant Vulva. The beeswax/honey notes are very clean - it's a light, polleny honey with flecks of vanilla. The amber is one of the best I've smelled in a while.

I definitely want a 2nd bottle of this, because it's one of those perfumes that I need to slather.

I'm all kinds of heartbroken.

In the imp: About the sexiest thing I've ever smelled.

On me, wet: There's about half an hour of the most glorious glowing vanilla honey scent in the entire world, along with this edge from the florals that...okay, this is a little weird, because they in no way actually smell like the blossoms in question but they definitely remind me of them? I have no idea how this is accomplished, and I don't get to wonder for long, because...

On me, dry: As someone who chronically amps musk to the exclusion of every single other note in a blend, I would really like to express my unending sadness that a bunch of blends have musk unlisted, because I buy them in the first place because I am led to believe that I am safe from this problem. I smell like those gorgeously raunchy flowers, and some vanilla, and a tiny bit of honey--oh wait no i smell like musk. And maybe some flowers kind of. This goes on for two whole hours before the musk finally relents and deigns to let me smell the rest of the blend.

:(

At least my wallet is pleased. Ah well. I'll keep the imp because at least there's a point where the musk kindly shuts up and I can actually smell the notes I was excited about.

EDIT: Wait, I might be able to wear this after all! I'm starting to suspect that the horrible thing that musk does on my skin is a monthly issue, since a) I tested Womb Furie again last night after a musk disaster and it smelled fine, and B) I'm testing this again right now just to be sure and it smells like naughty flowers with a touch of honey and a quiet little vanilla note in the background tying it all together. I am so happy, but my wallet...is not. :lol:

Edited by karykeion

Glowing Vulva Bath Oil in perfume form. I swear this is near identical. Not so much like GV perfume, but spot on the BO scent. Sweet amber, honey beeswax, lotus. Its amazing! I think they should have named it Blossoming Vulva though... then it would be perfect XD

BEAUTIFUL!

I knew when I ordered that it was going to be lovely. I just didn't know exactly how lovely it was going to be!

It's a luscious honey-ed vanilla. It's sexy and grown up and YUM!

Long throw - I feel like I only need to wear half as much perfume as I normally would.

I've picked up a second back-up already and am pondering the need for two more. It's that good. Seriously.

This is beautiful. Vanilla with a lovely perfumey bite when it's wet (I can see the comparison to Angel, during this phase), and then resiny and complex when it's dry.

It just gets more & more complex & beautiful on my skin throughout the day. Deeper, richer, warmer, less floral (not floral at all really), and a bit more 'spiced' than I expected -- and also therefore much much /better/ than I expected.

I agree with the above comment - "sexy and grown up and yum", haha.

Love, love, love!

weeee! often 'new' vanilla is gross and plasticky and i have to age it, but this is beautiful right away. i agree with others about glowing vulva, but i think i actually like this better- the waxiness of GV is missing replaced by a lovely creamy floral. bottle, yes, please. maybe two.

I hate hate hate my skin chemistry sometimes. :evil:

This is absolutely gorgeous in the imp and wet on my skin. Creamiest vanilla honeyed amazingness. I want to bathe in it. :wub2: But then...my skin sucks in all the yummy vanilla and cream and leaves me with a slightly sweet, tad incensey/spicy floral scent. Nice- not terrible- but the wonderful VANILLA scent that I start out with is gone.

Balls.

If you love vanilla or creamy scents and don't have wacky skin chemistry like me, you MUST try this one. I still don't find it unpleasant, but my imp will be more than satisfactory.