Playfully and with reckless abandon.

Sprawling half naked in my desk chair,
Hands pressed modestly against her pale breasts,
She tapped small, delicate feet on the floor
Betraying sweet anticipation.

Her body was the colour of wax, and I watched
As an eager little ray of light
Fluttered across her laughing lips,
Across her peeking breast, like an insect on the rose-bush.

I knelt and kissed her little ankles.
She laughed softly and produced
A perfect string of clear trills,
A delightful crystal laugh.

Her delicate feet disappeared
Underneath her: “Stop! You’re so naughty!”
Yet the first act of daring permitted,
She pretended to punish me only with a laugh!

I rose and kissed her eyelids softly.
They trembled beneath my lips, poor things:
And she tossed her head back, eyes shining…
“You’re not trying to take advantage of me…are you?

“If you are, darling, you know I’ll have to–”
But I silenced the protest, dipping my mouth to her breast,
Which caused an explosion of ringing laughter
And she opened herself willingly…

She was only half-dressed
And equally bare trees tossed
Their few leaves against the window pane
Playfully and with reckless abandon.

- Arthur Rimbaud

Candied apricot and orange blossom honey with grandiflorum jasmine, orris C02, tonka, patchouli, quince, and skin musk.

Ooh, yay! First review!
I may have to come back to edit this later, because this one seems like it could be changeable. In the bottle, it's deceptively mild.

Of course, I love jasmine, most particularly the grandiflorum variety, so this was a must for me, despite the patchouli note which is iffy at best.

here, the jasmine is bright and sunny, blending nicely with the apricot/honey for a candied flowers effect. It's sweet and almost simple- I say almost because I really get none of the orris, quince, or tonka- but not quite because there's something a little dark, a little mysterious under the flowers and candy. The skin musk adds a soft quality, and the patchouli does not clobber me, but rather just grounds the blend. Like!

I do wish it were a little more potent on the jasmine, but others who hate jasmine might easily disagree. Jasmine haters, I'm not sure how to warn y'all- the candy might be enough to drown out the other stuff for a nice fruity effect.
There is something in it not unlike Peitho, but interestingly enough what this calls to mind on me is a more natural-scented Gucci's Guilty.
Nice for springtime! There is indeed something in this that captures the innocence of a first encounter. :wub2:
Keeping the Bottle!

This is not something that I would normally go for, preferring dark, woody, smoky and resiny scents, but I am a sucker for anything with apricot and candied fruit notes, so I decided to order a bottle. This is a bright fruity scent. The jasmine is combining with the tonka and fruits and is not really the star player here. I always think that quince is a strong fruit note as it is here and I think the dominant one. I will wear this a lot in the warmer months. It is bright and pretty and a cheerful blend and a definite keeper for me. I love it a lot.

I was worried about this one too... the jasmine in particular. But something in the other notes really called to me.

My husband immediately picked out the jasmine, but I find I actually like it here. At first it reminds me of a very old-fashioned perfume... but it is sweet, a bit fruity, but I love it!!! I love the touch of quince in this. I think this is going to be a scent I crave at times.

I really mean it when I say this is the only, and I mean the only, BPAL with grandiflorum jasmine that did not go to piss of cat on my skin. The jasmine was a little strong wet and is still a prominent element on the drydown, but my chemistry actually allows this one to show off the sensual beauty of the flower that I've been missing with all the jasmines I turned to some variety or another of feline urine. It's actually closer to a cross of gardenia and tiare (which is a variant of jasmine), heady and sensual and pretty damn gorgeous. The honey and apricot are right behind it, sweet but not cloying. I get a little of the vanillic undertone of the tonka, a hint of sexy patchouli, the additional warmth of skin musk. I can detect a bit of downy orris in there, and while I don't distinguish quince per se (and I am well acquainted with what quince smells like, having eaten many of them) it is probably contributing a bit of a tart counterbalance to the sweet elements. I am stunned by the success of this one, to say the least. :thud:

Edited by Invidiana

I greeted this one with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. Excitement for the apricot (I luuurve the Lab's apricot), the quince, the honey, the tonka, skin musk and the orris. Also because Pussy is one of my favorites, and it shares the orange blossom honey and tonka notes. Trepidation because 95% of jasmines don't work on me, and patchouli can wreck a blend for me. I need not have worried!

This is one of those beautiful jasmines that stays sweet and true, never going harsh or pee-like. I will have to keep my eye out for grandiflorum. It melds with the apricot and orange blossom honey to give a fresh, sweet, spring-like scent.

I really didn't pick up much of the other notes that would make it a little more complex -- this stayed light and fruity-floral. For that reason, I'm not sure it's a bottle purchase.

I was excited to try this one because it has many of my notes of love in it. I wasn't sure about the orris, which is often iffy on me.

In the vial: Jasmine, with a hugely fruity side of apricot and quince.

Wet: More jasmine, but the fruit is right there. The apricot is more like dried than fresh, very rich, concentrated, and a bit tart. There's something floral-apple-ish that I think is the quince, not as intense as the quince note in Ginger Skull or Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand.

One hour: This is lovely: gentle pointed floral (jasmine and orris cooperating), with very floralish fruity notes. It's probably just a shade too dry for me (orris does that on me), but the fruit nuances are so pretty!

It stayed nice on me for hours. Most of my fruity scents are juicy, but this one was somewhat dry which makes it interesting. I'm still not sure about the orris, but I really liked this one and should probably test it again.

The list of notes was sure looking good up until I got to the jasmine and patchouli. In the vial, I am initially hit with a breath of ozone but the patchouli just has to come crashing down on it a split second later. Wet, the patchouli is being an aggressive jerk again. The sweet apricot and orange blossom are trying to save the day but alas, the patchouli keeps this too earthy and dry. No jasmine at all. After a few minutes, the musk shows up. I can now smell that jasmine here too but it's actually works in this blend. I'd probably really like this if it didn't have the patchouli. Pass.

Wet: This smells like apricot/peach jolly ranchers. :yum:

Drydown: This turns into a soft apricot scent. Light, and soft. Too bad it's not a me scent, but overall it is very pretty. :D

This is very pretty, I adore the apricot note, which is a slightly drier note then most. I get a slightly juicier tone from the quince, and the Jasmine is very pretty (usually avoid florals). No skin musk or honey really present.

Overall, very sweet pretty scent on me, lovely for spring, and soft enough to be suitable to wear at formal occasions you dont want to offend anyone. May need a bottle of this.

While wet, the apricot is definitely the strongest note and very candied! It reminds me of peach hard candies at this point.

As it goes on, it starts to get more floral and softly musky. I expected the jasmine to take over, as it can do, but the jasmine note is very soft, unobtrusive, and well-behaved in this blend. The tonka and patchouli don't really come out for me until the drydown, giving it a bit of depth.

It's definitely pretty and interesting, and it always pleases me to find a blend that with jasmine where it doesn't take over, but I have other blends with these notes that I prefer. A soft spring scent, quite sweet, and brightly fruity-floral.

Sweet apricot, honey and jasmine. Sweet fruity jasmine floral.

Mr. zee_zee however is a a not a jasmine fan. At all.

Juicy, luscious apricot and skin musk. I get the quince in the backround along w/ jasmine (so pretty!), but this candy sweet with a nice sexy twist! I likey!!

When I opened the vial I recoiled immediately 'cause to me this smells of poo... :ack:

I read somewhere on the forum that jasmine shares a scent-component-thingy with ...poo, that explains a lot. On my skin it gradually morphs into.. cat poo. Oh well you can't win them all.

When I opened the vial I recoiled immediately 'cause to me this smells of poo... :ack:

I read somewhere on the forum that jasmine shares a scent-component-thingy with ...poo, that explains a lot. On my skin it gradually morphs into.. cat poo. Oh well you can't win them all.

In the decant: Candied apricots and that orange blossom honey, and maybe a touch of the quince. Very fruity and somewhat sweet.

Wet: Wham! There arrives the jasmine and orris. Be very afraid.

The dry-down: The nasty orris is just messing this up for me. Not sure where the patch wandered off to. The tonka's trying to bring back some sweetness, but the two florals are large and in charge. I'll use my decant in a scent locket, since it smells so good in the vial. *shakes fist at orris*

In the decant: Candied apricots and that orange blossom honey, and maybe a touch of the quince. Very fruity and somewhat sweet.

The dry-down: The nasty orris is just messing this up for me. Not sure where the patch wandered off to. The tonka's trying to bring back some sweetness, but the two florals are large and in charge. I'll use my decant in a scent locket, since it smells so good in the vial. *shakes fist at orris*