Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No description given

I am surprised at how much I love this one. Champange note is there of course, but its is secondary to the most amazing vanilla/ambery, sweet resinous note that I haven't smelled from the lab before. This reminds me alot of one of my fav etailers amber/vanilla scents with a splash of champagne thrown in. Super strong throw as well.
I love this!!!! :wub2:

Me and dragon's blood, sometimes we get along and sometimes we don't and I'm not fond of the sticky sweetness in dragon's blood. IF this is dragon's blood (and I think that has to be at least one of the components), the champagne is keeping the sweetness in check. The wet stage does have almost a vanilla/amber feel to it and it dries down to a rich, fizzy scent with a hint of cola. Really pretty and I'm glad I took a chance here!

This one smells like Cola flavored Bottle Caps on my skin, but in spite of that, I actually like it. As it dries down, it begins to smell more like ginger ale.

Blood & Champagne

On: Dark, sweet champagne. It's still fizzy, but not as overwhelmingly so as a lot of the other champagne oils are on me. I have high hopes for this one.

4.5 hours on: A soft wisp of champagne with something dark underneath.

Overall: This is by far the best of the champagne oils on my skin. Yay!

Blood and Champagne

In the imp: a blend of champagne with Coca Cola, and vanilla amber! The oil is champagne coloured with no obvious dragon’s blood redness.

Wet on skin: it smells like Coke, all bubbles and fizzy brown sweetness.

Dry on skin: the champagne smells just as effervescent and oddly gin-like and soapy as the one in Sangria Champagne (smells more like G&T than champagne to me), but instead of citrus and red wine, there’s a Coke scent which I am sure is due to spices and resins. I smell vanilla and amber (maybe Nepalese amber?) I am also sure that there’s myrrh and/or opoponax, or whatever it is that’s in Schwarzer Mond that adds that very pleasant Coke-like scent. There may also be some spices like a mild cinnamon or clove note. Maybe even some lime? One thing that seems absent is the blood…or at least, dragon’s blood. Maybe the blood here is more like the spicy and musky blood accord.

After a while: this reminds me a bit of the Magi at times, but the Magi has a lot more emphasis on resins, and a much, much milder champagne note. The champagne in WC scents is too much for me…it’s still going strong with its extremely fizzy fragrance. It’s not as soapy/ginny now, it smells more like ginger ale, and I really like the sweet resins underneath. This reminds me more of one of the numbered prototypes that doesn’t have a proper name, maybe PRC12? It also reminds me of something from Chaos Theory. The scent then settles into an effervescent resin scent, at this point I smell more clove and also something that could well be dragon’s blood-it’s got that red and chemical scent I recognise from that note. It isn’t strong though. I swear I smell a tiny, tiny amount of vetiver.

Verdict: this one is intriguing. It smells like Coca Cola with extra fizz, maybe a blend of Coke and champagne. It’s not as dragon’s bloody as I expected, and there’s a lot of incense and sweetness going on, a bit of spice too. It’s more like champagne and sweet myrrh with Blood Amber (with an emphasis on amber), as well as the clove-patchouli-metallic red musk scent I get in the ‘blood accord’ perfumes. The drydown has more of a slightly smoky vetiver, vanilla and clove thing to it, a bit like Blood Kiss but not as intensely bloody/dark or fruity. I’m still not mad about the WC champagne scents though, as the champagne note seems to be distorted once it develops on my skin, but this is probably my favourite of the series.

Is it a keeper? not really.

If you like this, try: Blood Amber, The Magi, Sangria Champagne, Blood Kiss, Blood

I got a freebie sample of this in a swap, and was intrigued by the mentions of cola in the other reviews. This doesn't really smell like cola on me, though. It mostly smells like champagne and soap on me. I don't smell anything like the blood or dragon's blood notes that I was expecting. None of the champagne scents have worked out for me.

Fizzy champagne note and dark vanilla, which gives it that cola edge.

I have to say that I may love this Champagne blends most of all. EPIC.

On the skin: Champagne! Wait..... cola? This smells like cola/soda on me! After a bit I can start to smell the separate champagne/blood notes, but really together they smell like cola.

Really interesting, but not for me.

To me, this smells like two separate scents battling each other for dominance. I'm getting the fizzy champagne, and the soft, powdery dragon's blood. I really do like each scent separately, but they don't seem to be meshing too well on my skin. It's drying kind of masculine too, like a dude's shower gel. So soapy, powdery and fresh champagne. Sounds nice on paper, and a little goes a long way, so maybe I shouldn't have slathered. I'm getting the cola vibe, but the men's cologne shower gel thing going on is just drowing out the cola. Sigh.

I don't understand this.

How can something smell carbonated?

I don't really get any dragon's blood, and the color of the oil is a medium straw color, no hint of that distinctive salmon color at all. I suppose it could be in there? It does kind of have a hint of the spicy/sweet thing going on a little, but mostly this is ginger ale. I can see why people say cola, though. If I have to pick, I'd say this is the most like ginger ale, complete with carbonation.

After about 20 or 30 minutes, it goes into more of a light cologne with a ginger overtone. It lasts for hours and hours. I like it a lot, and I hope I can find a bottle sometime.

Edited by catalyst

I love bpal's champagne note in general, and Blood & Champagne might be my favorite example of it. With age, the fizziness has died down somewhat but the scent is still reminiscent of cola. The dragon's blood note here is beautifully sweet with hints of spice. It is a really wearable, delicious scent and I might me starting to regret listing my second bottle for sale. :lol: