Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Poenari

The Gorobble

A scent redolent of the crusty exterior of burnt marshmallows.

The reviews are so varied on this!

I was expecting more of a foodie scent, but on me this is pretty much a straight up campfire scent. I detect a bit of sugar if I put my nose up to my wrist, but the overall throw on this is smoke and a firey-ness that I think a lot of people interpret at cinnamon. I don't know if this is a keeper for me yet, since I do have smokey scents I may like more. It needs further testing.

I get toasty vanilla marshmallow, a hint of cinnamon, smoke, and the same 'autumn leaves' slightly aquatic note I remember from October (the BPAL blend, not the month). This is a perfect autumn scent for me, especially when I'm outdoors - it really is like toasting marshmallows over the campfire on a cool, humid fall night. Hence me breaking it out and reviewing it. I don't wear it the rest of the year.

Got a tester of this from sfsassy!

I've been super excited to try this and now that it's finally on I'm a bit startled. It smells like Christmas! Like the smell of a Christmas shop, minus any pine or fir. If I concentrate hard I can get marshmallow specifically but casual sniffs pick up cinnamon and sugar and a very light smokiness. I loooove cinnamon so I'm very happy!

Oh wow, the sugar becomes more recognizable as marshmallow the longer it's on. :wub2:

So glad I got to test this! I think I need more. :D

It was a while ago I had tested this one but I remember it was mostly cinnamon on me with a little marshmallow in the background. It was delicious but I wanted more marshmallow!! ;)

The throw was decent and it lasted pretty long though.

This definitely does smell like marshmallows, to me -- with kind of a burnt caramel scent over the top and some smokiness. I like marshmallow, but I'm not crazy about the "burnt" part. I do like the scent, but not as a perfume. Burnt/hot scents just don't really suit me.

Wet: This is much more perfumey than I expected, and smells more like a "vanilla sugar" or even "pink sugar" type scent with hints of smoke than a creamy marshmallow. That's disappointing! It's not bad or anything, just not what I expected. It doesn't smell like toasted marshmallow to me.

Dry: Cinnamon? Not sure where the spice is coming from, but it now smells less perfumey and more spicey, but still not what I expected. It's actually really really nice, but it's so different from the idea that I had in my head that it's throwing me off.

Torching is my preferred preparation of marshmallows. And, as in real Mc Coy, the burnt exterior does not have a sweet sugary marshmallow scent.

The Gorobble is just burnt, there is no tasty marshmallow under that singe for me. :cry2:

Dammit, this is the Lab's vanilla note which turns into "dollar-store vanilla candle stuck in a milk jug and set on fire" on my skin. Sigh. It's not the Lab's fault; it's just my skin chemistry. It's the same one which is in French Vanilla, so whatever that did for you, this will too.

In the imp and wet on my skin, The Gorobble was all caramelized sugar. Like a marshmallow roasted by a perfectionist into a gentle golden brown. I wanted that burnt marshmallow, and it took about half an hour for the smoky scent I was hoping for to emerge on my skin. It's really nice if you're fond of slightly smoky foodies, but I prefer the current Lilith Scorched Marshmallows.

The Gorobble reminds me of Marshmallow Pumpkin perfume oil, only not as heavily spiced. It has a melted marshmallow note, some spice, and a bit of smoke. The cinnamon in this is not intense like it is in Marshmallow Pumpkin, and this is nowhere near as smoky as Scorched Marshmallows was on my skin (which is nice for me, since I am not typically fond of smoky scents). After several hours of wear, I get more spice accompanied by that wisp of smoke than actual marshmallow.

I wish the creamy marshmallow note had remained as strong as it was initially, but I do think this is nice. Not something I need to hunt down more of, but I am happy to have a decant. :)