Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

theshapeshifter -

If you have a personal account, you can accept payments from a Paypal balance and a bank account.  You can't accept money from a credit card -- if someone tries to pay using a credit card, Paypal will send you an email asking you to upgrade your account to verified (that is, add a bank account).  However, you're given the option to deny the payment if it comes from a credit card.

Actually, for international accounts, you don't have to add a bank account to get a verified premiere account. Due to the logistical problem of international bank accounts, you only have to have a credit card on your account, and then click the "upgrade to premiere" (I think that's what it says, I don't remember exactly. Upgrade somethingorother at least), and follow the prompts, and it will upgrade your account for you.

The downside of doing this, though, is that Paypal treats you like a business once you're accepting credit cards, and takes a percent fee out of every transaction (credit card or no). It is a very low fee, though, so I don't personally care.

Do you think I should email the lab to ask about this?

Well, if you want to, I think you should. Even though they are busy at the lab, you shouldn´t have to worry about something like this, and I´m sure they don ´t want you to lose any sleep over it either

Personally I´ve always recieved my mail (as far as I know....) and I´ve seen my share of different takes on my address. Once a friend sent me a postcard not knowing the name of my street, so she wrote "the white house on top of the hill, next to the newsagent´s" and I got it.

Do you think I should email the lab to ask about this?

Why don't you PM one or two of the other UK forumites first and see if they have had a problem with it - you might get an answer faster. There are many, many UK residents who have been ordering (some since early 2004) and using PayPal, with apparently no mention of a problem with their county being included in their address, since that hasn't come up as a red flag in this thread or as a note to UK customers, has it?

Let's see, Donnababe, Miggins, Pookstrell, Purely Cosmetic, Clephan, red_jezebel all come to mind as UK residents, and I am positive there are others I am forgetting (I'm picturing avatars and coming up blank).

I'll PM fallow deer because I think she's another Londoner...it's specifically London I'm concerned about because Paypal lists it as a county as well as a city. So other UK people won't have such problems.

I'm a moron... I just made my first Paypal order, but I made it through CCNow instead of directly to the lab. I trout myself :P I kind of did it on a whim and only realized afterward that I did things incorrectly.

What do I do now? I don't think I can cancel/re-do the order. Do I just drop the lab a line and say "Oops, I'm sorry, I'll do it right next time"??

Edited by Undine

Okay, another dumb ass question, but seeing as I made my order through Paypal instead of CCNow (because I wanted to order an imp of Bengal and it's [still] not showing up in Wanderlust) for the first time ever, will I get a an order acknowledgement from the Lab? I see my Paypal payment remains unclaimed, so...anyone know?

Oro

Okay, another dumb ass question, but seeing as I made my order through Paypal instead of CCNow (because I wanted to order an imp of Bengal and it's [still] not showing up in Wanderlust) for the first time ever, will I get a an order acknowledgement from the Lab?  I see my Paypal payment remains unclaimed, so...anyone know?

Oro

You essentially should get an email (with the subject line "Black phoenix paypal payment received") to your PayPal email address... sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't, it's an autoresponce basically stating that your order was received by the lab. If you don't get one, don't panic, though, because it doesn't always send it (I get them usually 3 times out of 4).

I'm a moron... I just made my first Paypal order, but I made it through CCNow instead of directly to the lab. I trout myself  :P  I kind of did it on a whim and only realized afterward that I did things incorrectly.

What do I do now? I don't think I can cancel/re-do the order. Do I just drop the lab a line and say "Oops, I'm sorry, I'll do it right next time"??

My first order, 5.28, I did this, and cancelled via CCNow before the 'harvesting' (when CCNow says 'Order Shipped'), then placed the same order via Paypal.com. I was fretting that I had duplicate orders, but in a separate inquiry to the lab, they confirmed I didn't have double orders.

So I think if you cancel the CCNow order (via CCNow!) prior to the lab receiving the order itself, you shouldn't have any issues. But, I'd still e-mail the lab to make sure that's correct... CCNow refunded my balance without much issue. Of course, that went straight back to the Lab :D

...and no moronity there! I didn't see the disclaimer note until well after I'd put my order through CCNow, so... no worries. I should have read more closely, but now I know.

If PayPal says something about exceeding your account limit, check your credit card expiry date before. I forgot updating my PayPal account, and I missed the Fruit Moon LE because of that. I e-mailed the PayPal guys, who answered *after* the Fruit Moon expiry date.

Hello, I accidently ordered using the ccnow ordering, instead of doing it through paypal(the way it's stated on the homepage). I'm wondering if bpal will get the order, if it will make it take longer then it already does(to which i really don't have problem with :P , or if bpal will get thier money that is due to them? Any info would be appreciated. I feel bad for not paying attention and using the correct system of payment, i just totally spaced it that day.

Hello, I accidently ordered using the ccnow ordering, instead of doing it through paypal(the way it's stated on the homepage). I'm wondering if bpal will get the order, if it will make it take longer then it already does(to which i really don't have  problem with  :P , or if bpal will get thier money that is due to them? Any info would be appreciated. I feel bad for not paying attention and using the correct system of payment, i just totally spaced it that day.

That's not a problem at all. If you've paid by CCNow, you should have received an order confirmation e-mail from them by now. Have you? Then, you're fine. :D

You can either use the online order processor (CCNOW) or, you can order via PayPal as if you were paying for an ebay auction or something, and then list your items in the "Instructions" field. The payee name for BPAL is paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com. Those who have paid by Paypal should receive a confirmation e-mail from them regarding payment received.

Edited by Scylla

I never got a response from the lab regarding the whole deal I talked about above. I want to email them again--but what's the appropriate email address to use to reach them? Is it answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com??

Here's another question. Does the Lab accept Paypal e-checks, even for LEs that will be taken down before the e-check is cleared?

I wanted to buy some Beatrice or another Snake Charmer bottle, but haven't got enough paypal funds, so if I send an e-check, will the LE order still be accepted?

I got a reply from Sara, and yes, they do accept e-checks even for LEs and Lunacies. However they process those orders only when the check clears. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Do you mean that you paid via paypal, but used the CCNow check out?

If so, the Lab will still get your order...I believe the reason they ask you to use Paypal directly is because they will get charged twice, from CCNow & Paypal, if you check out the way that you did.

Do you mean that you paid via paypal, but used the CCNow check out? 

If so, the Lab will still get your order...I believe the reason they ask you to use Paypal directly is because they will get charged twice, from CCNow & Paypal, if you check out the way that you did.

Yes, I used the CCNow Checkout, and when it asked me payment option I selected PayPal and went through the process of PayPal via CCNow.

Later I see and realize I didn't follow their directions.

so here goes it...

How does one format her paypal order as a list rather than paragraph? I ask because I'm typing my list in the notes box as shown below, but when I continue, the notes appear in sentence (i.e.:hard to read paragraph) format.

Here's my itemized order list cut and pasted from word into the notes box in paypal:

1-Beaver Moon 5ml $15

1-Devil’s Night 5ml $16

1-Dreamland 5ml $16

1-Herr Drosselmeyer 5ml $16

1-Jacob’s Ladder 5ml $16

1-Midnight Mass 5ml $16

1-Stardust 5ml $16

1-Talvikuu 5ml $16

1-Dee single sample $3

Your help is greatly appreciated. I've looked all over for the answer to this but I can't find it, and it's such a simple question...maybe I'm trying to hard, but I want to be sure to get my first Paypal order right...could someone point me in the right direction?

Edited by paradoxicaljlb

How does one format her paypal order as a list rather than paragraph? I ask because I'm typing my list in the notes box as shown below, but when I continue, the notes appear in sentence format.

There seems to be some kind of quirk in Paypal's formatting technique. I had the same thing happen. But when I got my Paypal receipt, and when I checked the history after I'd sent it, the list appeared all proper, thus:

$16.00 - Gingerbread Poppet 2005

$16.00 - Jacob's Ladder

$16.00 - Stardust

$16.00 - Imp pack (Sed non Satiata, Magus, Bess, Rosalind, Block Buster, Dee)

$8.50 - Shipping

-----

$72.50 - total

So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hi. I have a slightly confused question. I tried to place an order yesterday using paypal and it asked me for my credit card number. Is it supposed to do that? It seemed odd, because isn't paypal attached directly to your account? Shouldn't it just take the money the way any other paypal purchase would? .... Anyway because of that I couldn't finish my order because its a new bank account and my debit card and checks haven't come yet. :P :D

I just noticed someone else commenting on "paying with paypal but checking out through CCNow", and how this isn't the right way to do it. Can someone explain what the right way is? I'll go look in the FAQ section, too.

Edited by LadyMagpie