Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

I got the auto-response thing at 4:06 am on the 26th.. maybe it got overloaded later in the day.. *shrug* perhaps not, but it's a thought..

what I would do is log back into your paypal and see if the thing you sent is listed in the recent transactions still. if it is, you should be all set.

what I would do is log back into your paypal and see if the thing you sent is listed in the recent transactions still. if it is, you should be all set.

:P I agree. If it is in your paypal log thing, it will be in the Lab's too.

Just for another data point - I received the autoresponse thingy at 8 am on Friday. I wouldn't be too worried about it though. Like Harlequin said, if it's in your paypal log, I'm sure it's in the Lab's queue.

This is a rather general Paypal question, but since I don't know wether or not to start a new thread, I'll ask it here.

I know you can pay BPAL with a paypal balance. However, say I wanted to make an Aromaleigh purchase-- nowhere on the site do I see a pay with paypal option.

Is there any way to transfer paypal balance onto one's credit/debit card so I can use it for non-Paypal vendors?

I have my Paypal linked to my bank account, so I can make a transfer of <$10 to my bank account, and then to my credit card. It takes about 4-5 days to do, however, and can be a big pain in the backside sometimes.

I have my Paypal linked to my bank account, so I can make a transfer of <$10 to my bank account, and then to my credit card.  It takes about 4-5 days to do, however, and can be a big pain in the backside sometimes.

Thanks, Becky!

This is a rather general Paypal question, but since I don't know wether or not to start a new thread, I'll ask it here.

I know you can pay BPAL with a paypal balance.  However, say I wanted to make an Aromaleigh purchase-- nowhere on the site do I see a pay with paypal option.

Is there any way to transfer paypal balance onto one's credit/debit card so I can use it for non-Paypal vendors?

Or ... you can get a Paypal Visa which acts like a pre-paid credit card. As long as there is money in the Paypal account you can use the credit card.

Bella

Or ... you can get a Paypal Visa which acts like a pre-paid credit card.  As long as there is money in the Paypal account you can use the credit card.

Bella

Yep, you can get a Paypal debit card, too, so that you can withdraw your paypal funds from an ATM machine.

Another Paypal question... is it possible to order the Lunar blends and pay with an e-cheque?

I completely forgot to transfer funds to my Paypal account last week and now it is too late for the transfer to take place before the update (I am in Canada and transfers almost take a week).

So if I want to order on Friday, I will have to send an e-cheque.

But since orders are only put in the queue when the cheque clears, does that mean no Pink Moon for moi? Or should I send my payment tonight and hope it clears by Friday? (just kidding!) :D :P

I'm new here and I'm planning on getting Paypal asap.

A few questions though (these would probably be aimed at UK members)...I haven't got a bank account yet but I am planning to get one. Problem is, i'm not sure what sort of account will support Paypal-I know that UK accounts accept it, but I'm not sure if all of them do. Another problem is that technically, i cannot get a student account until late September when I go to uni. And since I haven't got a full time job, the only account I can get will be very basic-it may not even allow me to write cheques...so I doubt they'll allow paypal! If you're from the UK and know more about this, could you please help me?

Argh, the frustration! I want to buy stuff and getting an account is so complicated! :P

I'm not in the USA, so I can't order using the BPAL official site.

:P I think it should be possible to buy LE using Paypal, but what about Little Lunacies? Lunacy oils last only 24 hours and I can't miss Peony Moon. I know it's a long time before Peony Moon, but if moving to the States is the only way to get it, I have to apply for a green card :D .

Hey, check out this forum, BPAL faq it probably has the info you are looking for. To order in paypal, you just tell them what you want... so just write down 1 5ml of peony moon, etc.

Edited by eadavenp

Mand, this information is covered on Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's own FAQ page on their web site. International orders must be made using Paypal, regardless of how whether it is a lunacy order, LE, or whatever.

I ordered my Lunacies with PayPal. I prefer using it as it's directly debited from the bank account, and the money comes out right away, plus I have a PayPal receipt then. I'm in the US, but I don't see it being much different (except for the shipping part) as far as payment. You could check in the FAQ section, this might have been covered in one of the paying or international orders threads.

If all else fails, perhaps you could arrange to PayPal someone in the US the money a few days ahead of the Lunacy, and then have them send it on to you. (I'd be willing to do this, I don't know that I'd order Peony Moon, but I could order it for you, and then send it on from here.)

Once again, this has been covered: under Black Phoenix's OWN Faq page.

However, to reiterate: if you make an order using paypal, you'll receive a confirmation from the lab that your order was received. Even if you pay with a credit card and the money takes a day or two to be deducted, you are still counted as having ordered on that day that you did. So there is no danger of you missing the moon you want if you buy with paypal on that day.

Thank you all :P ; I'll Paypal order as for the regular catalogue scents.

Okay, admittedly this is more of a general Paypal question than a BPAL-specific one, but since everyone here is savvy to this stuff, I thought it might be the best place to ask.

If you have a 'personal' account, what kinds of payments can you accept? Just someone else's Paypal balance? (I've been asked a few times about selling things I'd offered for swaps, but I wasn't sure how to deal with the money)

Also, at the moment I'm only set up with Paypal via my credit card, not my bank balance, and would prefer to keep it that way if I can, since my bank account is a joint one and my credit card is all mine... but sooner or later I'm going to run out of the credit card limit they give you. Someone told me that even if you're paying for something with a Paypal balance, it STILL keeps lowering your credit card limit. Is this true? (and does that limit ever reset?)

I'm kind of hoping the Lab has a new credit card setup for internationals before my limit runs out, but I know they have bigger fish to fry at the moment!

I've never used paypal before, and I'm currently making my first order. The problem is that I don't know where to enter the address I want to have it shipped to. Does paypal convey my billing address to the lab? If so, how do I provide an alternate shipping address (I'm in the process of moving, and to avoid confusion I'd rather have it shipped to my BF's work for this order)? Should I send a separate e-mail to the lab, or just type it in in the comments field after the order itself?

Thank you in advance!

Maewitch - I think Paypal does send along your address, but I always include mine in the 'comments' section anyhow, just to be sure. I type out my order, then the calculations of the order total (bottles, imps, shipping, and total), and then my address.

Maewitch - I think Paypal does send along your address, but I always include mine in the 'comments' section anyhow, just to be sure.  I type out my order, then the calculations of the order total (bottles, imps, shipping, and total), and then my address.

Ahh, thank you! (so excited! in a few minutes....first order will be complete!!)

theshapeshifter,

I wish someone would answer your question, cause I´m curious as well.... I only have cc paypal and I set it up recently in order to buy me some BPAL, and I don´t really have the first clue as for how to get money from sales or how bank account stuff works... And that limit is giving me nightmares!!!

As for the address (I know this-yay!!), when you´re "closing the deal", paypal asks whether you want to include your shipping address or not. You can also add more addresses and then choose which one you want to include in the particular transaction. Hope that´ll help some of my fellow noobs :P

theshapeshifter -

If you have a personal account, you can accept payments from a Paypal balance and a bank account. You can't accept money from a credit card -- if someone tries to pay using a credit card, Paypal will send you an email asking you to upgrade your account to verified (that is, add a bank account). However, you're given the option to deny the payment if it comes from a credit card.

And yeah, it does keep on lowering your limit even if you pay via balance and no, it never resets. When you run out, you'll either have to add a bank account or switch credit cards.

I've sent about 4 paypal orders to BPAL and I didn't write my address because it usually gives your address with every order. But with Paypal, my address has 'London' on it twice (it's listed as both the county and the city) when usually my address should have London on it once. Does this matter or does that mean there'll be problems or delays when it is sent?

Thanks Inkstone, that was überhelpful :P

Yeahbutnobut. I have the same problem, but I think I included my address when I placed my lab orders. (at least with some of them, one can never be too sure when my memory is involved...)

I haven´t recieved any of them yet, but I wouldn´t worry too much. While the postal service can be a bit f*cked up, I don´t believe they´re that useless. The way I see it stating London twice should really be more helpful to them :D

Anyway, I´ve started to state that I don´t want paypal to add my address and then just type it in the comments field. Cause I have enough to worry about as it is :D

Edited by modesty_blaise