Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

UOH34

It seems to me this and UOH2 were Banshee Beat protos because the same notes are present but in different proportions. I would say this one is the woodier version of Banshee Beat. The patchouli and vanilla are obvious enough and a tiny bit of hemp fades quickly on the drydown, but this version has the addition of what I believe to be oak. I LOVE oak. :wub2: It reminds me--in the best possible way--of a vanilla-oak candle I have that I can't bring myself to burn because I just want to keep huffing it. The main difference is that this has the addition of a warm sensual patchouli that is a perfect complement to the oak and vanilla. This is like the woodland version of Banshee Beat, rich and warm. Definitely a keeper!

Edited by Invidiana

First applied, this is very much a patchouli blend. There is a nice, almost creamy background to this blend. It goes a bit powdery after a bit; I'm guessing amber or ambergris, maybe. Still very nice; I do not get the medicinal hemp note from this proto that I do from UOH2. After a few hours it drys down to this really gorgeous patchouli/creamy amber thing on me; it reminds me of a cross between Jacob's Ladder and Banshee Beat (minus the hemp). Very nice and a keeper. :wub2: For now.

I don't think that this smells like Banshee Beat at all. I'm not getting any of the vanilla, hemp, or patchouli of Banshee Beat from this proto. This is mostly a slightly sour, dusty wood smell with hints of baby powder on me... reminds me of Fledgling Raptor Moon, but less complex and lighter.

I agree with Invidiana's review of a woodsy Banshee Beat type perfume. On me, you can definitely tell it's in the same family as Banshee Beat but it's more like a (slightly) smoky woods and vanilla scent. I smell maybe some of the hemp and patchouli. I really like this one. It has a somewhat weak throw compared to most BPALs and significantly less throw than Banshee Beat. I think this will be a beautiful fall scent as it evokes visions of campfires and smoky leaves in my mind.

This is definitely the one I like better out of UOH2 and UOH34.. this one has a nice soft patchouli and something kinda warm and snuggly behind it (where UOH2 was over-the-top hardass patchouli) - it dries down to a really lovely creamy patchouli with a touch of powderiness. There's a top note in here that's a little bit sour to my nose, but it comes and goes (the top note, that is - not my nose).

I feel like a traitor for straying to these prototypes, I should have known they wouldn't be as splendid as my beloved Banshee Beat. But still.. UOH34 is nice in its own right, and if you're one of the people who found Banshee Beat just Too.Much. then this one is probably worth a try.

Wet: Wood and Vanilla

Drydown: Soft powdery vanilla with the barest hints of leather! I like this alot actually. I don't know why...but I do. Now to try and track down a bottle...:think:

I agree that this is probably a Banshee Beat prototype as they have a similar vibe. Powdery vanilla, stinky patchouli and a hint of wood/oak.

The patchouli is too much for me, but I like how heavier the vanilla component is in this blend.

At first, this is strong patchouli on me. It does smell like the patch in BB and Tricksy, but somewhere in between the two in regards to strength. I do detect some woods here as well. Dry, the patch fades, the vanilla strengthens, and the wood is only slightly in the background now. This is like Banshee Beat went for a walk in the woods. I like this, it's a different twist of the original, slightly more rough and raw, but still nice in it's own way.

eta: As time goes on, the vanilla on me comes out even more. So glad I took a chance on this one, a lovely oak forest with sweet vanilla bean.

Edited by milo

On the skin: Definitely patchouli. Not as dirty as other patchouli's I've tried, but there is still a bit of dirtiness to this one. There is also a vanilla sweetness and a slight woodsy smell to this one. Wow, it's good! The dirtiness is tamed a bit by the sweetness and wood.

I definitely wouldn't wear this one to work because of the patchouli, but otherwise it is definitely delightful! I don't think I need two bottles though!

Wet: a boozy, vanilla-ed patchouli, very warm.
Dry: a strong patchouli and woods, softened and sweetened because of vanilla or rum or something along those lines underneath.

This is much drier than the released version of Banshee Beat. It still has patch, and I think there's either a combo of both black patchouli and red patchouli or some variety that happens to have properties of those two. The vanilla in this is sheer and not very sweet. I feel like it dilutes the patchouli a bit. I think it may be bourbon vanilla, because it is giving me You May House Their Bodies, But Not Their Souls vibes. Only here, instead of amber, there's some oak that becomes evident once the scent has been dry for a while.

I'm glad I got a chance to try this one, but I can't see myself reaching for it over the released version.