Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rose otto, red ginger, caraway seed, myrrh, orange peel, mandarin leaf, black peppercorn, and vanilla orchid.

I thought I would hate this one at first smell, that dreaded hair spray sweet myrrh. But upon putting this on, it morphs (pun) into a beautiful sophisticated scent, much like those fancy alcohol based French perfumes. The spice of ginger, caraway and peppercorn keeps the myrrh from going all sweet on my skin and the other notes like the orange and vanilla orchid, make this a very uplifting scent. I don't get much rose from this though, but I don't care, I love it all the same!

What the flippin' bleep... Is caraway supposed to smell like anise? On my skin this went from "Oh my god, I spilled an entire bottle of absinthe on myself!" to "Oops, I spilled absinthe on myself." Really it was just a matter of intensity from wet to dry. I didn't enjoy either stage. Poo :(

This is interestingly savoury-sweet in the opening stages: sweet myrrh, a touch of ginger, and black pepper...

... lots and lots of black pepper, that quickly ends up drowning out the other notes, alas. No rose otto whatsoever, and no citrus either. Drat. I don't know if I'm particularly amping the pepper, but it completely spoils this scent for me.