Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Fae Forest Atmosphere Spray

FAE FOREST
Mist-shrouded woods: Siberian fir needles, white pine bark, aspen leaf, wild lily, bergamot, wood violet, thimbleberry, sun-star, golden bell, snowdrop, heartsease, and bloodroot.

This was quite lovely. Though not my favorite of the 3 new RPG sprays, (I prefer resins over pines, personally) this light and fresh scent will find many homes to be happy in. I could see this being used not just during Game, but when a house needs a bit more Spring Time Air going through it. Something to spray when guests are coming in from out of town and I just bet it'll work fabulously after a big, stinky meal (like getting rid of fish odor, for instance!)

In All- clean, fresh and bright, I think this scent definitely lives up to its' name. :)

This smelled nice, but very much like a deodorizing spray I could pick up anywhere. I got a floral, clean air vibe to it, but I found it kind of chemical and fake. I agree with reviews that have said it would work best in a bathroom, or maybe a bedroom or living room during the spring or summer.

This is a really airy and ethereal scent perfect for sending you off to dreamland. It tart off a bit piney but soon it truly becomes a misty forest full of delicate wildflowers and a hint of woodland berry. It reminds me of the Gossamer proto in a way, not the same scent but in a similar vein. Now my room can smell like Lothlorien. :wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

To me, this scent doesn't get too piney. There is a very clean element of it- I'm not sure which of the notes make that happen. It's airy above all with a slight watery/tiny earthy feel. I think it was one of the will-call threads where someone said this reminded them of babies sleeping in the woods, and I have to agree with that- it's like the baby bambi animals sleeping by a very gentle babbling brook.

I sprayed my pillowcases with this the other day and was knocked out for a three hour nap in the middle of the day. I woke up drooling. This gives Fae Forrest top marks in my book!

I've been trying out a few different atmo sprays and I have to say that this is one that I can't get off my mind.

I don't think it is generic at all. It's light and mystical, simple but so sophisticated.

It's like flowers and berries and pine trees covered in snow that somehow isn't cold. It's the palest golden light.

This is what I want to lull me to sleep at night. It's gentle and comforting in a very subtle way. I will consider a full bottle at some point, but until then the goblin squirt will be well-loved.

ETA: Fell asleep with this last night and woke up thinking 'what is that glorious smell?' So I just ordered a bottle, because I am weak and indulge myself. :wub2:

4.5/5

Edited by arrow

Smells like a companion to Elf, with the clean, misty pine and tart fruitiness, but Elf is softer, has sweeter touches, and doesn't turn as soapy as this atmo. Fae Forest is sweet, misty pine, a tart and body odor-ish pink grapefruit, and lots of laundry soapy powder.

Edited by Little Bird

This is a very sweet fir forest, with a misty, damp feel. It does NOT feel like Christmas Tree pine to me, but something lighter. It is wonderful in the bedroom prior to sleep, as a soft, gentle scent. But more than that, I don't think this smells like generic air freshener at all. Maybe I've had horrible luck with generic air freshener, but it n ever smelled this good to me ;) this is more complex, with layers of clean floral and berry. Almost like if you layered Host of the Air with Slobbering Pine? Really soft, ethereal, and nice. I'm getting a bottle!!!

ETA: I used up my goblin squirt and I'm anxiously awaiting my BPTP order with the bottle, along with Halloweenie atmosphere sprays. I really, really like this scent and I can't wait for a full bottle.

Edited by biocarolyn

I liked the first whiff of this: piney with a touch of light flowers. But then something triggered the allergies, so I'll pass my tester onto someone else!

Out of all the lovely things in this, at first all I can smell is pine. It smells like Christmas!

After a few minutes, the pine settles down and I do get some beautiful florals, aaahhh. Now it's no longer specifically Christmas, but it's still a cool forest kind of scent. Gorgeous.

After about 10 minutes: I can smell both the pine and the florals.

This would be great for getting into the Christmas spirit; or for a hot day when I'm longing for an illusion of coolness.

My rating: 5 stars

A gentle, floral pine with tart, icy berries. Wintery with a breath of spring. Very fresh and pleasant. Reminds me a little of Elf.

Clean, cold, fresh pine. And strong! This is a more conventional scent for a BPTP spray, very much like a lot of cleaning products/laundry smells--but it's nicely done, and great for wintertime!

At first I didn't like Fae Forest, because along with pine I get a very clean soap scent. However, it goes well in the bathroom, and I am warming up to the scent. After a while the forest smell mellows out, and it's a subtle, fresh fragrance.

This smells very similar to Elf perfume oil to me, but with more berries and sunlight if that makes any sense. :) Very foresty (with a bit of harsh pine in the beginning that fades to leave a bit of forest floor which is gorgeous).I like this one a lot - and how neat that it has Thimbleberry in it! That's my favorite berry! This would make an incredible bath oil...

Scent: Huffing the sheets right after spraying -- Fae Forest is quite fresh and frigid, almost sparkling in coldness. I can't pick out individual notes, but they are all combining to create an airy green-forest scent with a minty-evergreen quality.

Overall feel: This is an ancient pine forest shrouded in cool mist and twilight. Mystic, ethereal and faery-touched; not unfriendly, but not warmly welcoming either. Quite an otherworldly scent that evokes wonder and glamour. Colour impression is deep emerald green, obscured by fog, with pinpricks of sparkling faery light. Fae Forest is practically Moon of Small Spirits in room spray form.

Throw/Longevity: Initially has a strong throw and bold presence, but this is short-lived. If I spray it at night just before bedtime, the scent is all but vanished by morning. Well, this definitely fits its name!

Verdict: I love evergreen-forest blends like Moon of Small Spirits and The Snow Storm, so I'm in love with Fae Forest. In fact, now that I can make my whole room smell like a forest, I may not need those the perfumes anymore... :eek:

Many thanks to angelamaria for swapping and enabling me onto this gorgeous room spray!

Subtle pine, clean florals and chilly minty green. This is sort of a pine forest on a cool, crisp autumn morning.

We like the pine smell at home, particularly for a room blend. Comparing this to Winter Wind, Fae Forest is more delicate and less Christmassy.

This is initially more pine, but quickly softens down into a blend of forest smells... pine, fir, cypress, and soft woods. It's a softly whispering forest to me, very pretty and not a bathroom scent as I found Winter Wind to be. This one does smell good sprayed on my pillow and I can use it as a sleep scent. In fact, I find it extremely similar to Silent Forest Bath Oil and Black Forest perfume, which I use as sleep scents, so now I can go to sleep completely surrounded by the forest. :wub2:

Review: Deliciously autumnal. The evergreens give it a late fall Winter is coming outdoorsey feel, while the florals give a sweeter last gasp of summer sort of feel. It’s gorgeous and just right for the turning of the year. I am not familiar with all the notes, so I can not tell you which thing makes the bitter berry scent that is dancing with the dominant evergreens, but trust me, it’s perfect.

I received a goblin squirt of this in a package and automatically fell in love. Immediately it smells like pine and something fresh. It then goes into pine, some berry and flowers. There's a hint of coolness to it as well. It's gorgeous and I need a large bottle. If you want your room to smell like Lothlorien, purchase this.

Mostly a mix of pine and very strong lily for me. A hint of soapiness. It is definitely light and ethereal, with a few underlying tones that spring up every once in a while, but I feel that it would be more suited in a bathroom. A very fresh, floral scent. In terms of spring and summer scents, I think I'll stick with Okiya.

I am not fond of fir or pine scents but decided to give this an honest to goodness squirt just in case. {I do like christmas trees and their piney scents so maybe good for holidays?} In the squirt it smells fake and soapy. Not soapy really but like those air fresheners we had in in the 80s in restaurant type bathrooms... Pine renizits or something. Which had some odd soapy tinge probably because restaurant bathrooms should hopefully smell like people are washing and that horrid industrial soap would spill its pink disgustingness all over the place. So the two scents: pine and pink soap are intertwined in my head. Unfortunate really. I am sure others would find this lovely but as usual pine and fir and all those evergreen type tree scents have some horrid association for me unless it happens to be real and decorated with blobs and blobs of twinkling lights.

It does morph into a lovely floral with the pine underneath it. Alas the merest hint of pine, after the assault of pine and soap, is too much. If it had started floral with a hint of pine I would consider this a use it up but wouldn't buy myself a big bottle.

I feel really really bad writing this out. I wish the evergreens somehow managed not to be top notes in everything I have tried with them. I always do enjoy them after dry down but the beginning stages just really make me uber sensitive to the merest hint of the scent.

I keep getting this as a gift from TP whenever I place an order. I've gone through 4 Goblin Squirts now, I think it's time I posted a review :lol:

This isn't something I would normally choose for myself but I really do love it. Fae Forest is a light, Spring-fresh floral with just a hint of pine. The scent glitters and lightens up my space. The first initial spray is very strong and soapy, but as it settles it turns into just the prettiest and comforting home fragrance.

I do agree with the above poster, say this smells like Christmas/Yule. Beautiful pine, with snow dollops on the branches not quite weighing them down. Some surprising strong flowers that manage to bloom, just wonderful. Really need to order a bottle. Feel like I'm in WoW or Skyrim.