Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Origin:

5mL bought on Etsy.

Preconceived notions:

None whatsoever. I bought this one blind and haven't got a clue what to expect. The suspense! :thud:

First sniff:

Lavender. Strong lavender. Not as intensely herbal as some lavender notes can be, but lavender all the same. I can tell there are other things here, but I can't really get past the lavender to figure out what they are.

Wet on skin:

Lavender and fruit. Maybe some sort of citrus (grapefruit, maybe?) and berries (blackberry, possibly...it reminds me of Glasgow a little bit). It's pretty, but not really "me" at this point.

Drydown:

Non-descript. Sort of lavenderish, very softly fruity, maybe some very well-blended florals? It smells like expensive dusting powder on me at this point. I think my skin chemistry is playing havoc with this one.

The bottom line:

I so wanted this to work, but it evidently doesn't agree with my skin chemistry. This one has potential, but it just doesn't work all that well on me. :(

Yup, lavender jumps out of the bottle. I sometimes get a sort of BO smell from lavender and chamomile, and there's a very slight hint of that, but for the most part, this is a very well-behaved lavender. I feel like there are more flowers here--my instinct says lily, but I don't get that screeching lily! note, so I could be wrong. A tartness emerges, reminding me of Delirium's rose + lemon, but it could also be red currant (and rose? pomegranate?). Drying further, I get a floral-soap note, but not the sinus-piercing kind, just a very pretty, clean floral. Fully dry, there's just a hint of the clean floral left. I'm pretty sure that if notes had been listed, this would not have appealed to me--lavender/florals are not my thing. However, going in blind, I'm pleasantly surprised, and will be putting MUV3 in the 'Keep' cupboard.

Lavender and berries. On wet, it is almost exclusively lavender - but its not sharp or salty. There's a hint of another flower and definitely berries on the drydown. I am guessing red currant, as its fresh and not that sweet.

Comforting, soothing. For lavender fans, I'd check this out.