Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
saralaughs

Phyllocrania Paradoxa v6

Again, inspired by that crazy looking bug, The Ghost Mantis. But boy, has it changed. :lol:

In the bottle and after application, it is very cologne-ish with lavendar, lime, and black musk. Fougere-like, definitely. Sharp and a bit powdery (black musk on me is lemony powder, so YMMV), the lavedar is very present with maybe a hint of balsam.

Definitely not my thing.

In the bottle, I get a minty, chilly, atmospheric sweet pine needle scent. On my skin, it smells like I've stepped into a forest in the chilly winter air surrounded by damp, fresh, snow-covered pine trees, pine cones covered in dirt, hints of leaves, and maybe a bit of wood (like fresh cut pine wood). I'm also getting hints of citrusy amber (maybe a tinge of orange?), and at times soft hints of something like hollyberry. This smells like Christmas in a forest. After a while, I'm also getting something else that smells almost like a hint of dark beer? I find it complex and evocative. I really like this blend, but it sadly doesn't stick around too long. I might try putting some in an oil burner, I think it would make a gorgeous room scent especially come winter.

This smells like Pine Sol, baby powder, and a whiff of sharp, smoky, slightly lemony men's cologne. It's a very cold and harsh scent on my skin. I agree that there might be black musk in this one, because black musk is usually sharp and masculine in the way that this turns on me...

Dark pine, hints of amber, citrus, menthol and men's cologne.

In some ways, this smells like a darker Snow Moon (less snow, more pine forest, crank up the evil in the dead of a winter's night a few notches).

Pine, masculine, dark.