Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

FETISH.GOTH
Skin musk, slick black leather and wet latex with dark myrrh, patchouli, opoponax,

THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN TO MY PICK-UP ANGEL, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Fetish.Goth really attracted me with its tri-fecta of resins. The idea of the incensey notes mixed with naughty leather and latex was an instant draw! Upon applying, this actually is exactly what I imagined the re-release of Spanked would smell like! Spanked was mostly spice with a little leather, this is leather backed-up by spice, on my skin. Not alot of muskiness and virtually no detectable resins. The leather is prominent throughout all stages and the scent remains very true on my skin, clear through drydown. The overall impression is leather with a noticeable spiciness. This doesn't burn my skin like Spanked, an added plus. The strength is a little above average and lasting time is a little below. I am really hoping that the resinous notes will develop over time and I can come back here in a month or two to update my review.... Edited by *butterflybynight*

In the imp: Baby powder oh no!

Wet: Still baby powder for the first 5 minutes and then fades to an almost sweet incense.

Dry down: A backdrop of black leather and sweet incense with a drop of latex. Much sweeter than I anticipated!

Dry (2 hrs): Sadly at this point it goes back to baby powder. But what I got for those 2 hours was gorgeous.

Edited by killerklown

Fetish.Goth is mostly strong, spicy resins, patchouli and leather on me. I do get some sharpness from the blend, which I think may be mostly coming from the patchouli and maybe the resins. The leather starts off strong (it kind of reminds me of the leather in Black Rider), but it moves to the background with time. Once settled, I start to really amp the resins and I also get some smokiness and bit sweetness coming from them. The latex emerges as well, but it's soft and I find it works surprisingly well with the blend. I also get occasional hints of the skin musk, but it's faint on me and mostly overpowered by the resins and patchouli.

Very sexy and I think this will get even better with some age (and possibly lose some of the initial sharpness). I think resin and leather lovers will like this one.

Again, a very warm thank you to my Witch and Angel, Gypsy Rose Red for making all my Bat's Day wishes come true this year! :wub2:

Now, this was the Goth scent this year who's description intrigued me the most, to be sure. I didn't get it because I was positive I'd want to wear it, but because I figured it would be the most *interesting*. Let's see how it goes, shall we?

In The Bottle: YUM. This to my nose is a sexy, slightly smoky amber. Like, petrified tree sap kind of amber. I'm thinking that is likely the myrrh, opoponax and leather all working in combination. whatever it is, I'm digging it! :joy:

Wet On Skin: the sexiness continues. Wait, did I say sexy? I meant DEAD sexy. Usually myrrh turns to dirty baby diaper with too much powder on me, but I think the other notes are somehow magically holding it in check. *fingers crossed for the dry down*

Dry Down: Oh, HELL yeah! This is fantastic. Leather sometimes amps on me, but here it's just lending a hint of smokiness. I'm not getting any of the latex, which I'm a bit sad about, but this is just a really sexy, heady, spicy scent. :thud:

In All: Medium throw, gender neutral and sexy. Did I mention sexy? This is one to wear out to the clubs or to a night of seduction, for sure. And I can tell this will only get better with age. Like "Voodoo Queen is still my all-time drop-dead favorite but this might be a close second" kind of better-with-age.

Total. Win. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Definitely gender neutral! I am getting a lot of myrrh on the dry down and I swear I smell sweet clove. Don't notice the other notes or patchouli sticking out at all. A nice scent but not nuts over it - thank you to my angel, a million thanks!

Fetish.Goth smells like what I wanted Spanked to be! Leather sex! I wanted to like leather but the type of leather in Spanked smelled like chemical soup, and the cinnamon cardamom was the rotten cherry on top that ruined it for me.

This, however, is a masterpiece. In the bottle, I smell shiny black leather, glorious dark resins, patchouli and clove. It's pretty much the exact same on my skin. The myrrh note is young and sharp right now, but I can tell it's going to get better with age. :yum:

Very nice! This smells like a lighter, sweeter cousin of Schwarzer Mond 2006 on me. I don't get a lot of leather, but I get clove and musk.

Oh, uh, leather comes out after a bit. Not bad--it's the leather like from Spanked/Spanked Revisited, which is one of the few I can wear. This would be interesting layered with Spanked I think!

Edited by Ondine

I just got the bottle in the mail, but I couldn't wait to try!! This review might change after my bottle has sat for a day! ;)

At first this scent is sooo resiney/spicy! Wow! I think I am smelling mostly myrrh and frankincense, but this scent is lovely incensey sweetness!

Drying: Hmmmm, not as good as my first impression. There is one note in here that is growing quite strong. In a way it reminds me of rose. Still smelling the sweet incense as well.

Wow, it is changing yet again! The incense is fading a bit on me and now this scent reminds me of a spicy rose. Lovely! No floral notes listed that I can see, but this one really just makes me think spicy rose. Not getting any leather at the moment. Beautiful!

Thanks my amazing pick up angel! :wub2:

Edited by Catseyes

Origin:

5mL from a wonderful pickup angel. :wub2:

Preconceived notions:

I had to have this the moment I read the description. I've got a bit of a thing for the accouterments of the fetish scene, oddly enough, plus the notes sounded perfect. I love resins and I usually like leather. The only thing I'm even remotely unsure about is the latex. I'm not sure what I'm going to think of it or whether it's going to be too chemical, but I'm willing to take the chance. :)

First sniff:

Wow, this smells nothing like I'd expected, but it smells so good, anyway. I was expecting leather and latex with the resins in the background, but instead, this is all resins, all the time. I get a hint of sweet spiciness, too, which is probably the opoponax, since there's no cardamom or clove listed in the notes.

Wet on skin:

Fetish.Goth smells like a church to my nose. Wildly inappropriate, but it's beautiful. I get wonderful, deep, sweet incense and just a touch of spiciness.

Dry down:

No change. I was expecting the leather to come peeking out at some point (because I've never known leather to be bashful on my skin; I don't amp it but it doesn't disappear on me, either), but it never does put in an appearance. Instead it's just gorgeous, sweet, spicy incense. It's like someone's been smoking clove cigarettes inside a Catholic church. And that appeals to me on multiple levels. :yum:

The bottom line:

I can't say I'm disappointed by Fetish.Goth (far from it), but it's definitely not what I expected from the description. I actually love the way it smells, though. I'm a huge fan of church incense and this is another beautiful one for my collection. I can always layer it with Rivet.Goth or another leather blend to get something closer to what I was envisioning.

I really, really like this! It is warm and comforting, all about the gently sweet resins on my skin. I think this is the variety of leather that comes off more as a soft, warm, fuzzy sort of musk on me. I don't get anything that screams harsh leather or latex, to be honest. Definitely none of that chemical leather note that really doesn't work well on me. On my skin this is primarily sweet patchouli, slightly smoky myrrh, and I swear something spicy. A really beautiful kind of spice like clove (which I see others have mentioned, so my nose isn't broke, yay). I love clove, so the appearance of a clove-like note doesn't disappoint me at all! This is really wonderful, although I don't find it very "fetish-y", but honestly I didn't swap for it due to the inspiration for the scent, but rather because the reviews sounded wonderful! I am not at all disappointed in my decision to swap for it, and I will likely try to seek out more!

**don't let that latex note scare you off. I think it must be very subtle, or else my skin eats it, because aside from maybe a tiny hint of it for the first few seconds while this is wet on my skin, I don't get any latex at all.

On my skin, Fetish.Goth is all about the leather and latex. It's exactly as described.. slick black leather and wet latex. The leather is shiny, slightly sharp, black and menacing. I usually prefer my leather in BPALs to be the soft/worn/snuggly variety - the leather + latex combo here is definitely not soft and cuddly! But then.. nor should it be, what we have here is an absolute perfect scent match for the 'fetish goth' style.

The skin musk warms up after a few minutes, and it does cut through the sharpness of the leather a little bit but I find it to be a slightly odd companion to the leather/latex, for me personally I think a darker musk would have worked better (I'm not a big fan of skin musk). The patchouli and opoponax together deliver a dark, slightly peppery bottom layer that isn't quite clove-y.. isn't quite spicy.. but it's along those lines. The myrrh isn't really a strong note on its own - it's kind of like a cloud hovering over the top of everything.. it's there but it's not obvious, although it does add a lovely smokiness through the dry down.

Fetish.Goth is a really voluptuous, multi-layered blend that's very true to its description and also the persona it represents. Right now the leather/latex is a bit too black and shiny for me, but perhaps with a bit of age its sharp edges will soften up.. and if they do, I think this will be really special.

Oh my god. This is amazing stuff. Like so amazing I want to cuddle the back of my hand for the next week. Or two.

Wet: On my skin this is a syrupy cola (I know, wtf, right?) with the sexiest hint of leather base. As it dries the patchouli comes out and the incense vibe kicks in. Since I amp the heck out of patch it stays to the forefront as the cola scent fades blending into the most sexy leather scent I've ever been able to wear.

HUGE, MASSIVE, INDECENT love for Fetish.Goth. Leather almost NEVER works for me and I was so scared the latex would win but it's not the case. I tried the original Spanked and it was awful ~ chemical and rank. This, is everything I've ever wanted a sexy, leather blend to be.

:wub2: Love :wub2: to my pick up arranger.

It is all leather on my skin, I find the same leather that Loviatar, and indeed are very similar in my skin, which is nice, but not me. icon_sad.gif

I think that Fetish.Goth is reminding me a lot of The Black Rider, probably because the opoponax in both amps up on me. Opoponax seems to have this syrupy, cloying sweetness on me, like an insanely sweet myrrh, with hints of something that smells a bit peppery on my skin. I get lots of sweet resin from this scent, that peppery-spiciness, and a little bit of powdery musk in the drydown. I can't really pick out much leather or patchouli at all, sadly. I would love a leather, sweet myrrh, and patchouli blend, but this isn't doing it for me...

Incense, patchouli and leather. The leather is black but softened considerably by the incense and the patchouli, making it less of the chemical smell of doom and more like the type of leather in Quincy Morris, although sharper.

Very sexy. This is what I would have wanted Spanked to be. That said, its a little too smoky and masculine for me to wear.

FetishGothSS-Ti.jpg

I am SO happy there was at least one Bats Day 2011 release which works on my skin! This is a nicely complex scent in which the leather doesn't take a back seat to the other notes, thank goodness, but works in such a sexy way with them to make this blend amazing. The skin musk is there, but not overtly, while the opoponax, patchouli, and dark myrrh make this leather blend a new favorite. I find it very different from any other leather blend I have (including Spanked '05 or Spanked Resurrected), but in a good way. A very good way. :wub2:

I'm getting that syrupy cola smell too! I'm guessing that'd be the opoponax which is also in Schwarzer Mond which I love for that cola-esque smell. Fan of opoponax I suppose :) I really get no other notes... so this is almost a straight up Sweet Myrrh SN. I was fearful of skin musk which seems to be nasty on my skin (you, Velvet Nudie :ack: ), but no worries because it is not present on my skin at all unless it's that soft powder smell I get in the drydown. Love this scent!

Very strong spicy, smoky patchouli and incense in the imp. Dry, much the same, though the spice is backing off, and there's more of a chemical feel it now, like bug spray. I only get a touch of leather. This blend is so aggressive on me, and I'm not really like that as a rule, it's also too masculine and strong. This is definitely not me, but if I'm feeling bad-ass, I may use the imp again.

In the decant: Black leather, patchouli, resins, incense.

Wet on skin: It's more musky when it hits my skin, I detect the same patchouli, resins, leather and incense as before.

Dry on skin: It's patchouli and leather at the drydown, very similar to Spanked, although without the spices.

Final thoughts: This blend is pleasant, not sweet though, but it might be a bit too "leathery" for my tastes (I've been on a vanilla kick for a few months now). I have bottles of Spanked for when my needs for leather arises. I think I'll pass my decant on to someone who'll love it instead.

Try if you like: Loviatar, Spanked, The Black Rider.

In the vial: Skin musk and leather are in the forefront, and there's some myrrh too... this reminds me of "Loviatar", only with an underlying powderiness.

On: Initially, skin musk tries its hardest to drag this into baby powder hell, but the leather and patchouli are putting up a good fight. It IS a more powdery Loviatar!

Later: The powderiness tones down and leaves a very nice scent. I don't know that I would spend beaucoups bucks on a bottle, but I will not let go of my decant under any circumstances.

Fetish.Goth is a very dark blend on my skin, probably the darkest blend I own. It is mostly leather with spicy resins, though I can still detect the skin musk. I can't identify the latex note; either it is very mild or it's just backing up the scent. It is also one of the strongest blends I own. I put a drop on my arm from the top of the cap, and I have a huge cloud of it wafting around me. This is a blend that I need to be very careful with, lest I overpower myself and anyone who comes within 10 feet. I LOVE this blend. It is an instant favorite, and I'm so glad I swallowed down my screaming conscience and dropped the money I did for it. It is just that good. I see myself getting a lot of wear out of it on special occasions with the boyfriend as it just screams sexy to me. :wub2:

i think i am getting mostly leather, latex, myrrh and patchouli. this smells either masculine or old school classic feminine to me. it's darkly spicy and resiny but with a powderiness, that i also got in loviatar (which i think is the myrrh?) not really my kind of scent, but glad i got to try it!

i will be *eternally* happy that i was able to swap for this lovely little number!

it's so good. omg. i have a TON of leather scents in my collection, and i adore leather, but i was kinda worried that fetish.goth would end up being overwhelmingly leather and it just wouldn't stand out from the crowd. WRONG. sure, the leather is there, but if anything it takes a backdrop to the beautiful patchouli, musk and resins. gorgeous stuff. it reminds me a bit of schwarzer mond, but dirtier, and of course with one of the loveliest leather notes i have smelled within the bpal catalog. sexy musky resinous goodness. mmm!

Generous sniffie from a lovely forumite. :wub2:

This is Schwarzer Mond light. The only difference on my skin is the skin musk in Fetish.Goth. It makes it a bit more feminine and soft. I'm not getting a lot of leather.

Not a scent for me but I'm glad I got to try it!