Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Penance

Chaotic v3

Origin:

5mL bought on LJ.

Preconceived notions:

I've only seen the Will Call reviews for Chaotic, which mention musk, resins and fruit, so I'm not sure whether to expect something similar or something totally different from v3.

First sniff:

Mint and some sort of musk. It reminds me in a way of Helping Hand (the TAL blend) without the chocolate.

Wet on skin:

More of the same, but now with a bit of something that smells almost like lime or some other tart fruit. It's very faint, but it adds a tiny tang to the scent.

Dry down:

The mysterious lime/fruit note is gone (it could have been a skin chemistry thing, since my skin's been known to create odd scents during the wet stage of some scents) and I'm getting anise or licorice, musk, mint and soft spices of some sort.

The bottom line:

This is a nice scent, but it's not for me. I don't do anise or licorice or fennel or anything similar. Glad I got to try this, though. :D

Wet on my skin, I get a fruity lime skittles scent mixed with a note resembling pink pepper. The lime note disappears quickly and like prior reviewer I begin to smell anise/licorice, which I love. Dry, it's pink pepper and anise on my skin. This is a keeper for me.

This reminds me of red tea. Musky red tea. I get no pink pepper, mint, or anything like that. Just smooth, sweet, fruity red tea.

Wow, what a difference from the released version! Spicy red hots with a bit of red fruit. Its actually not unpleasant.

This mostly just smells like some sort of dry cinnamon potpourri (almost dusty and not very pleasant) on my skin. I wish that I could pick out the anise/licorice that other people have mentioned. The spiciness might be pink pepper, because I don't tend to enjoy that note (as it often smells like cinnamon that is slightly off on me).

Definitely a hit of lime when first wet, but it dries to an anise/pink pepper blend with a hint of musk.... and is there cinnamon as well?