Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
het4377

WBSP1

Unreleased prototype, no scent description given.

A forumite was kind enough to do a Will-Call pickup for me, and WBSP1 was one of the bottles I selected, having read that it was a leather blend. Now that I've got my grabby little hands on the bottle and have had a chance to test it, I've deciphered just what the WBSP1 stands for! It's Witchblade: Sara Pezzini 1. The similarity between the finished blend and the prototype are unmistakable, while still evoking an entirely different feel. I'll be doing a direct comparison between the two for the review (for reference, the note list for Sara Pezzini is: A hint of leather and an understated vintage musk layered over the scent of lightly perspiring, honey-dusted skin).

Wet on skin: WBSP1 is a delicate and gorgeous leather with a strong honeyed-powder-sweetness while Sara Pezzini is a sharp/fresh leather jacket with cologne with just a hint of honey.

Dry on skin: WBSP1 is very delicate leather wit the skin musk and light powdery honey notes just faint whispers to sweeten the blend. Sara Pezzini is more cologne-y than anything else at the moment. What leather there is is much sharper as well, more of a fresh leather jacket sort of feel.

Further Wear Time: While not a morpher, this also isn't a scent that really lasts. By about 4 hours in this has faded down to the point where it's only noticeable with your nose right at the wrist. Sara Pezzini is stronger at this stage has certainly sweetened, though it's still mostly cologne-y leather.

Final Verdict: Now, I'm a bit of a leather note collector, and this is a unique specimen of the genre. It's the most girly, delicate leather I've ever had the pleasure of sniffing. For certain, It's a much softer and more mellow than the leather note in the finished version of the blend, with less cologne, a lighter musk and more honeyed dusting powder. In short, WBSP1 is both smoother and sweeter than the finished version of the scent, and in my opinion, infinitely preferable.

Rating: 4/5 :angel:

If you like this, try: Sara Pezzini (obviously), Hunter, Stinky (similar honey-dusting-powder note)

Using a slightly altered yeahbutnobut review formatting, because it is the epitome of awesome.

Edited by haley

WBSP1 being a Sara Pezzini proto makes a lot of sense (that was a good find, Haley!). When I first smelled this I thought it reminded me of Sara Pezzini, so I did a side-by-side comparison but though it has the same feel, the leather is very different and I found Sara Pezzini was much sweeter on me and I think a different type of honey.

On me, WBSP1 has a lot of strong, slightly aged leather and skin musk, the leather is kind of sharp and peppery to my nose and the musk is light and almost watery. I also get some soft, slightly herbal, flowery honey, and a touch of woods. As it settles, the leather is still the strongest player but does soften with time.

eta: I tried this again today and I'm getting a lot more honey than I did before. It's kind of a 'dirty', musky kind of honey, and it doesn't have much sweetness.

Edited by cfrancesca

And yes, definitely the Sara Pezzini proto. I think it is a different kind of leather, and with some soft musk and a touch of herbal, dirty honey. Leather is definitely the strongest component, and while not the synthetic black leather DeSade type, its not exactly the soft worn leather of Quincy Morris.

Not my kind of blend, but I can see leather fans coveting this one.

I've been looking around for a leather scent to really fall in love with, and while this doesn't seem to be the one, I do quite like it.

In the bottle: Soft, soft leather and underwhelming honey in the background. Underwhelming being a good thing in this case, because I find the smell of honey very easily overwhelming and a bit gross when it's strong. The light honey here is just perfect and I think it works well with the soft leather. There's also a light, clean scent that I believe is some sort of really warm, refreshing musk.

Applied: Something woody that I didn't smell in the bottle comes out a bit and the honey becomes a bit sweeter, but tinted with the wood. The leather doesn't feel quite so soft and cuddly here, and more like proper leather. It still isn't quite the leather scent I'm looking for, but it's undoubtedly leather. (Also, after a while, the honey comes out a bit more. Still very calm, not overwhelming, and extremely nice. Even though the leather is dominant, at this point I think I like this as both a leather scent and a honey scent.)

I like this scent a lot, and like it more and more as I keep sniffing at my wrist. It could be-- borderline love? But it still isn't the leather scent I imagine as perfect, so I guess I'll have to keep looking!