Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
alyssinwonderland

Plague Doctor v10

This was really the main bottle that intrigued me from the list of Trunk Show offerings. I'm weirdly fascinated by the Plague and horror movies that involve the historics. So immediately I was in search of an angel and found one!

I find Plague Doctor v10 to be a really unusual blend and morphs a lot!

Sniffing from the bottle- very very aquatic. I was iffy at this point, hoping more for leather from the Doctor's mask or something. But heck, I get to try it so on it went!

Wet- still aquatic but more depth...not oceanic or salty but made me think of deep murky blue/green water.

Dry- as its starting to dry I hit a wall. Men's cologne. Oh poop. I mean its good men's cologne, not a "proper gentleman's", but more like a hint towards a spicier Jean Paul Gaultier or Armani.

After 10 min. dry- oh thank goodness this one morphs!! Ooh the cologne faded to amplify the watery aquatic...yet there's this bunch of herbs coming through. Spicy herbs. They lend a warmth and create an even more complex scent, there might be a smidge of leather hiding under there somewhere.

Wow. And to think I might've gotten rid of it at the cologne stage. This is a keeper and totally worthy of slathering.

Thanks to my Will Call angel :heart:

I love this scent so much; I really wish that I could get a bottle or five of this. It's in at least my top five of favorite prototype blends so far (in good company with Elf v4, Alley of Games v6, Poisoned Apple v2, and Cake Smash v6 - which are all so different from each other). I digress.

Plague Doctor v10 sort of smells like a cold aquatic cologne and sandalwood incense on me. But that description doesn't really appeal to me, and yet I LOVE this stuff. Most of bpal's aquatics turn to soap on me, and a lot of the sandalwoods are powdery, but this doesn't go soapy or powdery at all. It smells like chilled, smooth, manly aquatic mixed with a smooth, warm, woodsy quality that just makes me swoon. The mix of something like cold water + warm wood is so unusual and delightful. I don't know where it gets that chilled feeling from either, because this isn't minty or mentholic on my skin.

This smells like a strong, silent type of man who is quietly confident and respectful, and loyal and loving, but not showy or boastful.

ETA:

Almost all of the prototype scents I purchased went off after about a year. This one turned really plastic-y and sour smelling and the oil started to get cloudy and separate.

Edited by Little Bird

Wet- still aquatic but more depth...not oceanic or salty but made me think of deep murky blue/green water.

Yes! Deep murky blue/green water. I also get a touch of silt, which could be sandalwood.

It starts out cologne-y, reminding me very much of my favorite Airs incense Blue Nile. I haven't seen it in years, so it makes me happy.

Then I get the deep water. It's strange, it is aquatic-y, but it's definitely fresh water on me. There is something underneath as well, it could be herbs, but it is very slight and I can't put my finger on it.

It reminds me of swimming in a pond from my childhood. I really like it, and it is very relaxing to me.

Aquatics and I don't get along as a rule, but I love the plague doctor concept so had to try this.

Wet it's majorly aquatic, but not in a way that clashes with my skin, somehow. There's some green and woody notes that balance it out.

As it dries it gets even better--the woody notes amp up a bit and the whole thing blends nicely.

Think I need a bottle. That way I can regift the decant I was gifted with and pass the enabling on, maybe. hehe

Plague Doctor v10 is a manly, aquatic cologne with hints of wood. At the beginning it smelled like a more watery version of Absinthe, but as it dries the musk comes out with a hint of leather.

It actually reminds me alot to Chanel's Blue Pour Homme.