Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

Katharina v7

Before I start my onlaught of proto reviews, I must thank my incredible Cobwebs angel who was able to pick them up for me. I really don't think it's possible to thank you enough. :wub2:

While the notes for the released Katharina are white musk, apricot and orange blossom, I would say the proto is mostly white musk and orange blossom and a testament to soft, sweet femininity. It's full of that lovely BPAL white musk which gives it a certain freshness and cleanness though not in a soapy way. The orange blosom is not sharp or soapy but gentle, sweet and springlike. There is a trace of floral apricot grounding it, but this isn't something with a strong apricot note at the forefront like March Hare or Depravity. This apricot remind me more of pressing my nose to the skin of a fresh apricot and smelling the sweet fruit rather than a candied apricot scent. Overall this scent is lovely and perfect for spring, like draping yourself in sheet of soft chiffon laden with orange blossoms.

In bottle: faintly fruity, fleeting, ethereal. Shimmery, bright apricots. I'm not getting much orange blossom yet, but then I usually amp that, so we'll see. I got a little more orange blossom from the released blossom than this.

Wet on skin: hmm, somewhat soapy. This doesn't change so much newly wet--white musk and apricots, shimmery. The white musk is going soapy on me, I think. I'm still not identifying the neroli, although it's not out of the question.

Dry: yeah, it's quite soapy. Dusty apricot and shimmery white musk, it's a pretty orange-pink color with shimmery white woven through it. (Count the number of times I write "shimmery"?) The difference here for me against the released version would be the white musk--the released version went grandmothery on me (dustily oily) while this one doesn't. And oh, the amount of the orange blossom, likely.

Verdict: oh well, Katharina in whatever form doesn't seem to work for me.

White musk, neroli and just a hint of apricot. This one is a lighter, more girly incarnation. The apricot in the released version gives it a certain fruity robustness. The prototype is more ethereal in feel.

I definitely amp up the neroli/orange blossom, which means it goes a teensy bit soapy. Soft, shimmering, ethereal.

On the skin: Pleasantly fruity! Apricot? Maybe with some peach in there? This is actually a lovely fruit scent, not too in your face with the fruits. It's just pleasantly sweet.

After a bit I get a tiny bit of floral.

Not really for me, but it is pretty.