Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
midnight_aeval

Velvet Panther v3

Prototype, unreleased, no scent description.

I love the released version of Velvet Panther - it's warm and soft like a non-vicious panther kitty so I was very excited to try the prototype. From the bottle this one smells a little sharper than the released version... put the claws away kitty! On my skin, it has a 'cologne' feel to it...uh-oh boy kitty with sharp claws!

Well, it's not a me sort of scent, but my husband scored a bottle because it IS a him scent! Important to note that while it is aggressive up front compared to the original, that cuddly feeling from the original is there, but you'd only notice if you get close... VERY close, and lingered around for a while; which might not be a bad thing if you begged your man to wear it :twisted:

ETA: after about 20-30 minutes that cologne smell has completely vanished leaving behind the warm, musky scent that is very similar to the released Velvet Panther.

Edited by Midnight Aeval

I admit to being curious enough about this one to ask my Trunk Show angel to pick up a bottle. The released version smells so amazing on me.

The prototype has a definite cologne vibe to it after initial application. There is a sharpness to it that makes me think there is vetiver in this prototype, but it's not heavily dominated by it. I think the dark musk note is in there as well.

Once dry it is a much-softened musk that stays very close to the skin.

Bottle: Men's cologne

Wet: Men's cologne, stronger. I can't pick out much, but there are woods and a bit of vetiver.

Dry: Smooth, masculine musk with a faint sweetness if I put my nose right up to the skin.

This kind of gives me a headache. I think it would smell better on a man, because it's one of those scents that is super masculine to me. The released version has so much more depth, character and sweetness.

I think that there's a good dose of black musk in this scent. I get a smoky, dark, acrid, masculine sort of muskiness from this, and not much else. The drydown is slightly powdery, but mostly just a heavy, sharp men's cologne smell. The released version was already too dark and musky-masculine for me, and this version has even less sweetness and more of that heavy musk feel, which makes it less wearable for me...

On the skin: Definitely very cologney. With a hint of.... something kinda dark. This would actually smell pretty nice on the right man!

Black musk, possibly green musk, and some spices, one of which may be anise and possibly a hint of cardamom.

Dark, smoky male cologne. The musk is fairly sophisticated, so yes, a very sleek tomcat indeed.