Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Monday

Pears - different BPAL pear scents

I checked the recommendation but couldn't find a topic about Pears. I love the smell of pears and am looking for the perfect pear! Any recommendations?

There's a pear note in Peacocks which is nice. And, it's not a listed note in this one, but Nothing Gold Can Stay had a pear-or-melon fresh feeling to me.

Titania (white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon) and Endymion (sweet, wistful blend of d’Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk) are both GC and really nice sparkling, shimmery, crystalline type pear scents if you know what I mean. Titania is a bit peachy and fruity in general though so it really just depends on your skin chemistry how much pear you get, but Endymion is really, really lovely! It does have a bit of a rose-y white musk feel to it as well, but it complements the rose nicely.

Just looked through my spreadsheet. Have not tried any of these but... You may also want to try Sunrise With Sea-Monsters (ocean mist, kelp, ambergris, amber, white pear, osmanthus, freesia, and seafoam accord) from the Salon. I have not tried it personally, but regardless of if the pear is dominant or not it is worth a shot. Symmakhia (vanilla, heliotrope, red sandalwood, pear, black lily, white wine grape, and white rose) could also be worth tracking down a decant of. May be even Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal (clotted vanilla cream, pink pepper, grapefruit, blood lily, red ginger, English pear, and lemon-squeezed candyfloss!)?

I absolutely adore pear scents! I strongly recommend the Perilous Parlor. On me it's more of a spiced vanilla pear and it's fantastic. I don't get any pear whatsoever from Symmakhia, but it's lovely regardless. However, my personal favorite is Marotte. It's a wonderful, sweet, golden, musky pear.

Mmmm... pear is such a lovely note!

I totally second (third?) the suggestion of The Perilous Parlor - it may be a bit hard to find now, since it's an old Limited Edition blend, but it has a beautiful sweet pear note in it - the vanilla makes it kinda syrupy and sweet without going into a 'fake' fruity smell. And I agree with beliefunwrought - Marotte has a beautiful musky pear.. again, this was a Limited Edition blend but shouldn't be too hard to find if you hunt around the For Sale area here on the forum. Oh, and seconding the suggestion of Peacocks from the Salon collection :smile:

Another LE worth looking for is Luna - that has Asian pear, which is lovely, but there's a lot of 'green' notes in that one so depending on how your skin handles those things, you may not get a lot of oomph from the pear.

Endymion is definitely worth a try (it's GC) - on me, the lily and rose and white musk drowned out the pear but you may have better luck with it. And another one is Juliet - the florals ruined this one too for me, but it does have a gorgeous pear note in it. Finally - maybe The Sluggard.. another no-no for me because of the gardenia, but the pear in this one is very 'real' smelling.

Out of everything I've mentioned though.. The Perilous Parlor is hands-down the best pear I've found in BPAL :thumbsup:

Thanks, it's good to know that there are more pear lovers out there! Looks like I will spending my time scrounging ebay for the Perilous Parlor in the meantime i think i'll give the GC scents a go too :yum: Endymion and the Sluggart sound amazing. Anyone tried La Belle Au Bois Dormant: Plumeria and white pear, Damascus rose, tuberose, magnolia and evening dew? No idea what Plumeria smells like :lol: .

Thanks, it's good to know that there are more pear lovers out there! Looks like I will spending my time scrounging ebay for the Perilous Parlor in the meantime i think i'll give the GC scents a go too :yum: Endymion and the Sluggart sound amazing. Anyone tried La Belle Au Bois Dormant: Plumeria and white pear, Damascus rose, tuberose, magnolia and evening dew? No idea what Plumeria smells like :lol: .

Plumeria is very...sharp. Very clean. I like it because I like clean scents, but your mileage may vary. I know Bath & Body Works has a line of Plumeria products - not as effective at finding actual blossoms to sniff, but it'll give you an approximation.

I have (and love) La Belle Au Bois Dormant and the way it smells to me is a bit like strawberries and champagne - I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the pear and plumeria interact. It gives a very tart, almost sparkling and still sweet smell, and it fades to something much sweeter.

Thalia is pear, plumeria and champagne - it smells very similar to La Belle Au Bois Dormant's "wet" phase to me.

In this moment, there is a LE scent with Asian pear.

I don't know how much it smells of pear, but one has to point it out.

ENLIGHTENMENT OF THE COURTESAN JIGOKUDAYU

Silken coconut, angelica, soft golden incense, tiare, carnation, and Asian pear.

LE Quincey Morris has a fantastic pear note. I rather regret trading my bottle away.

La Belle Au Bois Dormant did not really smell much like pear on me, and Perilous Parlor was almost too sweet for my taste--Titania is my favorite pear BPAL. Your chemistry may vary, but on me Titania smells like a better, juicier version of Victoria's Secret Pear Glace'. :yum: Quincey Morris is a "boy pear" scent that I gave my husband, but really anyone could wear it. :smilenod:

So far i have tried Thalia which smelled more of honey and beeswax on me and Marotte is a very interesting one, pear and metal? :lol: Haven't tried Titania yet because of the white musk which is a note of death for me thanks to the Body Shop's White Musk. But Bpal has a tendency to surprise, will definitely put Titania on my wishlist.

I Love Katharina in the spring, it seems - it is fruity, bubbly, light, alive, sparkly and everything I could ask for - well, except Pears.

You Bpal veterans, is there anything out there that has the sparkly (almost carbonated) feel of Katharina, but focuses on Pear?

I tried searching "pear white musk" (more or less the only musk that doesn't give me a headache or make me seem 40 or older) on the Search - I also tried "Pear Vanilla" (cause the idea sounds nice) and "pear cream" (yum) but none of them seem to have what I'm looking for - and just "pear" returned 94 hits :blush:

So - Katharinas sparkly, carbonated, spritzy and bubbly feel - but with Pear?

(Tbh, all other notes seem to have a dedicated thread, so feel free to recommend Pear-smells of all kinds - but I want the pear to be the dominant smell, not just a Detail :) )

Right now...to not stop...go and get The Vine that is still available in the lupes. The notes are "Bradford pear, honey, and vanilla cream". It lives up to the hype too bad my skin does not like it.

Marotte has a wonderful dry, sparkly pear to it as well. (LE for April Fools) And Perilous Parlour-is straight up pear and vanilla. Good luck in finding what you seek. :D

(Tbh, all other notes seem to have a dedicated thread, so feel free to recommend Pear-smells of all kinds - but I want the pear to be the dominant smell, not just a Detail :) )

Perhaps Endymion? A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

My personal favorite pear is The Perilous Parlor, which is semi-impossible to find now, but I'm really looking forward to trying The Vine which sounds full of pear deliciousness!

Just to clarify; Absolutely nothing wrong with being 40 - or 50 or 60 or 70 and so on - but I'm just about 30, and by my own standards, I want to feel roughly 30 - not 40 and not 20 :)

Thanks for many tips - I think it was the price increases on shipping that kind of halted my extravagant "buy Everything"-streak, so this helps me sort a bit :wub2:

For this shipment, it'll be The Vine - and also Womb Furie (which is not Pear at all - but it seems such a classic it'd be a shame not to try it when I am ordering anyways :) ) as it'll be more of a rush to get LE's before they aren't available anymore - GC can go in next order ^_^

Edited by Asinya