Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat

Sticky-sweet iced lemon sugar!

Lemon has always done so well on my skin. This scent is no exception. It's so simple yet addicting. I'm ordering TWO back up bottles!

I loved Seven Herbs Charm, and thought it made me smell like a cross between a lemon bar and the lemon Strawberry Shortcake doll. Alas, it only came in imp form and I've been out for ages. With Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, I was hoping to recapture that.

Unfortunately, this is just too sweet on me, in the same way Machu Picchu is, or Four Seasons: Winter. I'm not sure if there's a common note or if my skin is just doing weird things. I wanted more tartness from this, I think. I like the story, though!

In the bottle: Sugared lemon!

On my skin, it's super sugary lemon! It smells like sugared lemon candy.

After a while, the lemon becomes softer, but it's still sufficiently sugary and lemony.

I do get the 'iced' part of the description, but now it's mostly reminding me of a lemon glaze. Now I want a piece of lemon pound cake.

I love how sugary this one is. And it lasts!

Verdict: I bought a bottle of this one at Drag Con, because I liked it and I'm running low on Happy Baby in a Long Dress, and I'm so glad I did! :wub2: I can see myself wearing this one a lot during the summer months.

I think this is the strongest-throw BPAL I've tried. One dot on one wrist turns me into a sweet citrus sillage storm.

Sugary lemon icing. After a minute, it grows a hint of lemon fizz.

It's always wild when a constructed note smells so close to the reals. The lemon icing smells just like lemon icing, like the sort of white dribble that has hardened over pastry.

Wet: Sugary lemon candy! Reminds me of some lemon hard candies my grandma used to keep in her house all the time.

Dry: Same as the wet stage, only with less throw. There's maybe more of an icing vibe present as well, but no matter how you want to interpret it... it's lots of sugar and lemons. ;)

Love love love love love love love this.

I bought this one from the Swaps some time ago.  I always expect citrus scents to fade with age, and this one has not.  It’s gotten more sugary, but it is still quite lemony and tangy and delicious.  I am nearing the end of my bottle and desperately hope this one (or something v similar) will make a comeback.

It’s like a lemon cooky or a lemon candy or lemoncello sorbet - it’s not sweet, but you know it’s meant to be a dessert of sorts.  If you’ve had one of those half-lemons filled with lemon sorbet, it smells like those taste.

Wet: Very sweet--lemon sherbert!
Dry: A slightly less sticky lemon sherbert. Sort of fizzy and bright. A good throw on this, too. It'll be great in the heat of summer!

A very simple review:

Lemonheads that's what it smells like. Sugary - Lemony Goodness. Great throw, long wear. (my skin amps citrus). So I am happy with the bottle I got.

It resembles a sugar cookie with lemon icing more than sour candy to me, in fact this doesn't smell sour at all or like a fresh lemon. The lemon scent itself is pretty faint and powdery, the sugary vanilla is the strongest on me.

I still like it though, I think aging just really softened this and a fresh bottle would have been preferable to me.

Sherbet, sweet, candied lemon. The lemon could be smelt a bit toilet cleaner but I think it’s delightful