Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
London

Gods of Intercourse

Peach and peach blossom with rose geranium, red currant, pink musk, and gardenia.

In the bottle: Peaches and flowers

Wet: It's very balanced smelling. You can smell peaches but you can also smell the flowers and neither smells stronger than the other. The peach is also a very freash one, not sweet and syrupy like Josie was on me. The floral is also very light compared to the how the flowers in Katharina smell.

Dry: I like this one a lot too. The dry down for me is very much like the wet stage, but a little more grounded. Imagine laying under a peach tree with someone else, and there being a discared bouquet of flowers next to you..then the wind picking up and swiring the smell of the flowers around with the armoas from the peach tree. This is what the oil smells like.

Very much a spring scent.

I'm not sure how much I like this one yet, but I JUST got it in the mail and am sure that it will be glorious after a few days/months. :)

Wet: faint peach blossom and gardenia (which I'm not a big fan of)...maybe a hint of the rose geranium

After about an hour the florals soften and I think the pink musk is smoothing things out - still very light, with a more prominent peach note.

I was hoping for lots of peach with red currant and pink musk, and I am hoping they will come forth with age.

All in all - very nice.

ETA: After about 3 hours this was pretty much gone, so I applied just a touch more and VAVOOM! There's the peach...holy moly!

Edited by Herb Girl

In the bottle it's peaches and bright, soft peach blossoms. On it's light and more peachy. Like others said, it's a really natural fresh peach and not particularly sweet or juicy at all. The currant keeps it a bit sharp. The dry down has more gardenia going on with pink musk in the background. It's not as strong as I might have hoped, but overall it's a very pleasant fresh scent that I think I'll wear a lot this spring.

ETA: I didn't wear this for years and then busted it out again Jan 16 and it's amazing. It has aged incredibly well and now I'm all about this.

Edited by Lucretia

In the bottle, this is peaches (fruit and blossom) and currant with gardenia lurking underneath. On my skin, all peaches and musk, all the time. Super sweet, super juicy. But then the gardenia amps. ><

Gods of Intercourse - This is a lovely fruity-floral..It's sweetly peachy with a bit of juicy red currant and soft, sweet musk. Gardenia is far from my favorite note, but it's blended with perfect balance in this scent and I actually like the overall result, which is amazing for a gardenia scent! I don't smell any rose geranium. It's such a pretty scent as it is that I don't think I'd change anything about it (okay, maybe slightly less gardenia and more rose geranium.) It has really, really strong throw when first applied, and after drydown, the throw is still above average, but settles down after about an hour on my skin. It's very pretty and absolutely perfect for spring.

A lovely, light peach, but not foody. And I don't know why, but for some reason, this scent reminds me of Halloween: New Orleans? I didn't think they had any notes in common. Nice scent for spring, very clean.

I can't comment on the individual notes, but I'm fairly underwhelmed. There is definitely peach with some floral, but it smells too much like generic soap to really pique my interest.

I'm getting peach, gardenia, and rose notes the strongest on my skin. Nice, but nothing I'd reach for very often. A little too much floral on my skin for my preference.

To me, this one smells like luxurious and softly scented, gardenia and rose soap with soft peach.

Edited by cfrancesca

I was hoping the peach would be prominent in this, and it is in the imp.

However, on my skin, this is a pretty unremarkable and "perfumey" peachy-floral with a bit of a soapy edge. I'm going to blame the rose geranium there, as I normally enjoy gardenia. It reminds me a little of Peach Moon, in that the peach is very light and fresh and the blend ends up being primarily floral to my nose. I definitely agree with the comments calling it a very springlike scent, as it's light and fresh, but it doesn't really grab my interest in any way.

This is lovely. "Soapy" in that it somehow smells clean, and not readily identifiable as a "floral" even though you know flowers are probably involved in something that smells so nice.

One of those "your skin smells nice" and not "I like your perfume" kind of scents.

Gods of Intercourse is a springy, soapy, breezy floral sort of scent that makes me think of laundry. The only notes that I can identify are the peach blossom and a bit of tart pink musk, but it's mostly a soapy white floral smell that gives me a vicious headache. A very strong and overwhelming scent on me...

From start to finish this is pretty much just peach and gardenia on me, going a bit soapy in later drydown.

I like both of those notes a lot, but rarely wear either of them. I got a decant of this totally on a whim and I find it more wearable than I would have imagined (as I'm not really a fan of the fruity-floral genre) but still picture it more as a soap or other bath item.

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: I had an unexpected huge success with Peach Moon's peach blossom note. I can usually do pink musk without amping it up. I love gardenia. Enough good notes to roll the dice.

In the vial: Peach-blossom-y, floral, soapy, and a very fresh breath of springtime.

Wet: Gardenia and musk. At the moment it's not anywhere near as soapy as in the bottle. Perhaps the red currant, although I don't actually smell it, is tempering things.

Drydown: Something has turned into a faint imitation of the icky-green stank I get with a lot of rose notes. I have a feeling the rose geranium is misbehaving.

Verdict: No bottle for me, though I might use the rest of the decant in a scent locket.

Wet in the bottle, Gods of Intercourse smells like shampoo (nice shampoo). I can't make out any individual note. It's clean and rather innocuous. On the skin it somehow expands and becomes greener. I love gardenia but I don't actually smell it, or peach. Other people have said it's a good spring scent, and I agree with that. It's pretty.

Edited to add: I was wearing it yesterday and a breeze blew by, and I smelled peach and gardenia. I could smell it more clearly, somehow, around me rather than on my skin. Very obviously peach and gardenia wafting in that breeze.

Edited by doralice

bottle: very flowery peach. yummy.

wet: very gardenia, almost overpowering, but the peach and currant keep it on track.

dry: oh, this is incredible once dry. the gardenia tones way down and balances with the peach beautifully!

Oh GAH GERANIUM. Without that blasted flower I imagine I would have loved this. Sadly not only can I not stand rose geranium in any way shape or form but I amp it like they amp techno on Jersey Shore. Basically wet this is peach and rose geranium, and dries down to mostly rose geranium with something sweet struggling to break out of the background. Gah.

Edited by Invidiana

I often think of scents like this as "high strung." On my skin it amps to a frantic, floral, fruity cacophony. I get the peach throughout the wear, but the florals just blast everything up way too loud. It's "pretty" I guess, and I would agree it's got a soapy vibe, but it's so so so not me!

Bottle: Without a doubt, peach. It reminds me of my mother's house, which always smells exceedingly clean. It kind of creeped me out, honestly lol.

Wet on Skin: The peaches and flowers are much more even on the skin. I definitely get gardenia. I don't get much red currant or pink musk, which makes me a little sad.

Dry: I think this might go powdery on me, I'd want to test it some more. It's far more floral dry on me, with the rose geranium and gardenia being very prominent.

Overall: 3/5. Very nice floral/fruit scent if you love them. Undecided about bottle, definitely going to keep decant around for further testing.

I think I amp up peach blossom, because to me this smells like peachy blossoms, with a hint of muskiness. The dreaded gardenia is nowhere to be found, since that ends up smelling like wet wool on me.

So yes, heady juicy peach blossoms. Smells like peaches.

It's a little too heady and sweet for me, but somehow, the gods of intercourse smell a lot like a night in the South. :P

When first applied, I wondered why I hadn't tried this sooner. It was peachy-florals, fresh and breezy like standing in an orchard of blossoming trees on a spring day. Then I looked through the reviews and saw doralice's mention of shampoo and that's now all I can think about. (Fruit blossoms almost always go to shampoo-scent on me.) Gods of Intercourse is still pretty and evocative of a spring day, but, yeah. Shampoo. :(

Oh geez, I read Gin's previous review and I thought 'yeah, she's right, fruity shampoo'. Peachy, a touch of floral and you have a herbal essence shampoo. Not really a fan of peach, so this is not for me.

In the decant: Peach blossom and red currant.

Wet: There's the peach, but also something slightly sour and bitter, probably the rose geranium.

The dry-down: And now a whiff of gardenia. I do like the peach notes present in this blend. I liked the idea of all the notes except the geranium, and the later has indeed ruined this scent for me. It would have been superb without it.