Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bergamot, clove, hazelnut, pecan, lavender, tonka, and thyme.

In the imp: Toasty nuttiness with bergamot.
Wet: Reeally strong bergamot with a wee bit of lavender and thyme in the background.
Dry: Yummy bergamot with hints of herbs and nuts. My skin amps clove (yay!) and this became more prominent after about ten minutes, resulting in a really interesting mix of bergamot and clove with snatches of herby lavender. I really liked smelling clove in a context that wasn't 'christmassy spices'. Srsly contemplating a bottle purchase. Edited by whitsunweddings

In the bottle: Hazelnut, lavender, and bergamot.

Immediately after application: Same as in-bottle. The pecan is probably hiding in there with the hazelnut.

Warming up: It's settled into a beautiful blend of lavender, bergamot, and tonka with hints of nuts.

Fading: Soft lavender, tonka, and nut notes.

Faded: Average throw, average wear.

Overall: Utterly gorgeous. I want a bottle for sure.

This is such an interesting blend. Straight out of the imp, the bergamot made me sneeze and it took a lot of nerve to skin test it. I'm glad I did, though.

It's all bergamot and spice, with a creamy base. It smells brown and furry and it has a strong but wonderful throw. I think I might need to find a bottle!

This has a list of notes in it that would make you think it might smell herby, but it doesn’t. At all. It smells like sweet milk – lots of tonka and a light nutty overtone. I thought this was one of the ones that has rice milk in it, actually, and I was surprised that it wasn’t listed in the notes.

I tried this quite a while ago and really liked my decant, so I tracked down a bottle but the bottle smelled different, and not quite as good. So I re-homed that one and I think I'll just keep this decant.

Lavender rarely lasts on me, but in Copulating Mice it barely shows up at all.  Nor does the clove, which must be really subtle here.  Instead, I get toasted nuts and bergamot and warm tonka with a little bit of thyme.  It dries down as mainly tonka on me.  I'm so glad I got to try it thanks to a generous forumite but it's not something I need to search down a bottle of. 

Edited by Lucchesa

In the decant: Clove, backed by a bit of thyme.

On me: This is a clove-dominant blend throughout wear, although I do get a lot of lavender joining it during the first few hours of wear, and then it ends up being backed by thyme and some pecan after several hours. The clove is a bold clove and not a cinnamon-y variety like in the Indonesian Clove SN. This is a warm, fuzzy scent with some herbal elements.

Verdict: I was wary about the pecan, but love lavender and clove, and I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I wish the lavender and clove had remained the dominant notes throughout wear, but I am glad that I got to experience this scent. :) 

Copulating Mice includes a whole bunch of notes I like, so I was expecting good things and they were fulfilled! Comforting like sliding under a fuzzy blanket with a mug of hot tea-- it even comes with a little lavender sachet under your pillow. The fuzziness reminds me of Tarantula Fascinator, though this is a friendlier version IMO. I can see myself wearing this to bed for as long as my imp holds out.