Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VioletChaos

Champagne And Absinthe

It's funny that I felt certain this was one of the oils I had to purchase, considering in the past the Champagne note has smelled like Mr. Clean on me and I was never fond of the licorice in Absinthe. So let's see why I felt so drawn, shall we?

In the bottle: Bt far, in the bottle this strikes me as the lightest of the Yule Will Call Scents. Both the champagne and the absinthe note are *there* but both are so subtle that it takes several deep sniffs to even cull out what the notes are.

Wet on skin: Much of the same. The combination at this point is doing an interesting thing where they seem to be almost canceling each other out. There is a definite "green" feeling to this scent at this stage, however.

Dry down: Subtle is a word I feel compelled to keep using with this one. There's a spicy element that these two seem to bring out in each other, which is really quite nice, but it's a soft one, like carnations in spring, before the summer warmth can really make them bloom.

In all: One to keep for the hot months of the year, but unless something changes in the next month of aging, I'm going to say this is not a scent for the cold, dark months that lie ahead.

:)

I was also most interested in this scent from the will-Call.

ITB: The champagne actually smells like a good quality ginger ale on first sniff. Behind it, lemon and a dash of licorice quickly come to the forefront. The longer and deeper I smell it, the more I'm able to tell that it is champagne, but I don't get it on a cursory whiff.

Wet:The absinthe comes out strong on my skin while wet, although I'm still getting a lemony scent .

Drying: I can now distinguish the champagne, but the lovely scent of licorice seems to be fading a little. I still get lemon for some reason, but not as strong. I agree, it's a very subtle combination of notes overall.

Dry: Ah, the champagne is very evident, which is melding beautifully with some of the absinthe notes, although I still get some lemon in there too. Overall, this is a beautifully subtle scent that I might wear any time I want to feel effervescent or to brighten the cold days of winter.

Champagne and Absinthe - I love this. It goes on with less effervescence than I tend to expect from champagne blends, but it's still definitely champagne I'm smelling, it's just been tempered by the smoothness of the anise and citrus in the absinthe. I positively adore the absinthe note(s) in this blend -- it smells very similar to La Fee Verte and it blends wonderfully with the champagne. It doesn't last on my skin very long, but it's a scent that's well-worth reapplication. I'll likely try this in a scent locket soon and see if I can't retain some of the longevity of the scent that way.

The champagne note is stronger than the absinthe note on my skin, still I do detect the hint of anise lurking behind all that fizzy bubbly. Very grateful to have had a WCWC angel pick this up for me.

A pleasant, boozy champagne note with anise. Champagne can tend to go a little sour on me, but this avoids it so I actually am pleasantly surprised. The two notes are layered very well.

In Bottle: Green! That was my first thought upon smelling this. It smells very green. The champagne and the absinthe are blended together very nicely. Not just BUBBLE or ANISE when I sniff.

On me: It's a very light scent, and it doesn't really morph at all on me, though I think I detect a bit of the herbal side of the absinthe as it dries. It seems to fade pretty quickly, though. Maybe it's more a scent locket kind of smell then a skin kind of smell.

Overall: I was a bit worried that I might not like this scent. Absinthe appeals to my frilly goth side, but I'm not actually a huge fan of anise. However, I'm really pleased with it overall. It's nice that it's a bit herby to mellow out the anise.

Champagne and Absinthe are exactly that. It is a slightly more boozy and herbal champagne, or by comparison a more fizzy Absinthe. I'm actually quite enjoying it!

I can't pick out the anise that other people have with this blend, which is a bit of a letdown, because I love anise/black licorice. This is more like a really light, citrussy champagne and green tea smell on my skin (sort of like fizzy, boozy Embalming Fluid, but really light and subtle on my skin). My husband smelled this on me and said it smells like "weird lemonade." :/

Champagne and Absinthe

On: Fizzy champagne, but with dark, licorice-y anise to it and a hint of bitter citrus.

Half an hour in: Anise and something sweet. Still a bit fizzy.

2.5 hours in: Powdery and champagne-y.

7 hours in: A faintly sweet scent.

Overall: Champagne scents aren't really my favorite. I'm usually overwhelmed by the fizziness and that's all I end up being able to smell. I liked the anise in this a lot, but I think I'd be better off with something that focused more on that.

I'm not a fan of fizzy/effervescent scents, but I keep trying them hoping that one will grab me. I was surprised to discover that I like this one. It's not overly fizzy, or overly sweet. The absinthe part of it isn't as bold as it is in other perfumes, and the two blend very well together. It smells balanced. It's sweet and cute and just a little bubbly.

If I didn't already have a whole bottle of La Fee Verte to get through, I'd be on the lookout for more of this one.

mostly citrus and gingerale w/ a bit of licorice! soft sort of scent, not a ton of throw and doesn't last as long as some of the other chanmpagne scents i've tried. really pretty and wearable (oddly, it gets ever so slightly wintergreen-smelling on drydown - probably it's the licorice though since those two scents are similar to me).

Wet: Fizzy, bubbly champagne with a crisp finish.

Drydown/Dry: Tart champagne with the tiniest hint of dizzying herbs. Dry, fizzy, and piercing. So bright it almost hurts. Almost.

8.5 out of 10 bones

I've always wanted to try this one, and I got a lovely decant of it from the wonderful Jen F.!

Wet: This is one beautiful scent. I love the lab's champagne note, and this is no exception. Bright and bubbly, it always reminds me of ginger ale more than anything else.

Dry: Sharp, pungent, piercing. Really interesting! The absinthe anise quality comes out at the end. This is a completely intriguing blend.