Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Long-lasting banana BPAL?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a BPAL (LE, discontinued, or anything, really) that has a banana note that lasts. Splatter Comedy just broke my heart today because the banana disappeared once it dried. The same pretty much happened with Manila. I know that I should probably test out Pahoehoe and Banana Peel in a Graveyard from the currently available oils, but I was thinking someone may have tried something else that isn't currently available that would fit the bill.

The only one I've ever tried that has maintained a banana note has been Shango, so maybe that'll have to be my go-to banana scent.

I don't mind candyish banana. I'm pretty flexible. Thanks!

Banana Peel in a Graveyard is the only one I've tried that had strong banana (& stayed that way) - I didn't get that much from Shango, myself.

It's not what I would call strong banana but Treat #2 kind of gives off a candied banana vibe: (A fine confection for discriminating trick or treaters: a fig meat, coconut, and buttercream bonbon rolled in orange rind, mint leaf, cardamom, clove and ginger, dipped in milk chocolate). I think it's the fig, cream & coconut combo.

Edited by alterosen

First on, wet, I didn't get any banana from Scherezade, but when it dried, banana was the strongest note. YMMV.

The only BPAL banana that I've tried is Pahoehoe, and, on me, it lasted quite a while and was a very rummy banana scent. Rum tends to stick around on me a while, though, so that might be why the banana was able to last long, as well.

What a bummer Splatter Comedy didn't work out for you! That's by far the most banana-y BPAL I've tried, but I do find it to be more 'fake' banana than 'real' banana.

I just tested my frimp of Mahana recently, without knowing what the notes were, and I was sure it had banana in it! It was just like a banana milkshake on my skin - very yummy, but a fruity vibe rather than sweet candy-like. Then I read the notes for Mahana and discovered it has peach and pineapple, no banana! Well.. it sure smells like banana :D

Shango is one of my faves, but to me the banana doesn't really stand out - it's more like a fruity punch, the individual fruits are indistinguishable, so it sounds like your skin and my skin handle the banana differently. I haven't tried Pahoehoe yet - it's on my list to grab, so I can't help you with that one but the reviews mostly say the banana is definitely there. Banana Peel in a Graveyard is another one I haven't tried! And for me, Manila was also not-very-banana-y.. more wet and green than fruity. I also wish I got to try Hi'iaka, lots of people said that was banana-ish but it's discontinued now.

Hmm.. have you tried the Aswang prototype? That one is banana, but not a candyish type.. it has a very fresh and green vibe about it but the banana is definitely there.

So I'm not sure if I've been much help.. but I do love a good banana smell myself, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what other recommendations come up! :smile:

Hi'iaki, which they discontinued this year, had a pretty strong banana smell, I thought it was just like banana laffy taffy. You might be able to find someone with an imp of it for you to try.

Araw Ng Mga Patay has a lovely true banana/banana-leaf note that lasts pretty well.

Thanks a bunch! I'll have to try that out.

Is there any current banana scent that is a delicious foodie sweet banana. Kinda like Banana Laffy Taffy but more like Banana Cream Pie or Banana's Foster? :yum:

Is there any current banana scent that is a delicious foodie sweet banana. Kinda like Banana Laffy Taffy but more like Banana Cream Pie or Banana's Foster? :yum:

I would so be all over a pure Banana Cream Pie scent! A creamy banana, sugary meringue fluff, and a rich buttery graham cracker crust. :yum:

It was recently discontinued, but Pahoehoe (Grenadine, banana, and coconut rum) smells exactly like Bananas Foster to me.

It was recently discontinued, but Pahoehoe (Grenadine, banana, and coconut rum) smells exactly like Bananas Foster to me.

Now I want it bad!!! Hope I can find a bottle! Thanks for the rec :wub2:

Edited by Vanilla323

The Lab actually has a bottle up on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Phoenix-Alchemy-Lab-PAHOEHOE-5ml-/290631365511?pt=fragrance&hash=item43aafab387#ht_1365wt_1141 I think it's the original LE version, I've only tried the GC Atomic Luau Lounge version. The whole lounge was discontinued earlier this year.

If you search the swaps/sales forums, several people has imps available, looks like a couple may have bottles.

Thanks for that tip! Maybe I can find one from a forum member and not have to wait as long for shipping because i want it now, lol. I'm impatient! :blush2:

This is an older topic but I finally got a bottle of Pahoehoe today! Can't wait to smell all the banana goodness! So excited! :joy:

Earth Rat was all banana to me and it stayed that way. I was surprised there wasn't any banana in it. :eek:

Score! on your getting a bottle of Pahoehoe! :joy:

I also have Splatter Comedy and that's all banana cream pie too! LOVE :wub2: