Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
greenranger

The Phoenix in Spring

Newborn, with flecks of myrrh still dusting its wings, the Phoenix emerges: dandelion florets, cherry blossom, spring wildflowers, and myrrh.

In bottle: fresh dandelion, cherry blossoms, and a hint of myrrh

On me: Starts out very much DANDELION. Once it starts drying, the myrrh comes out a lot. As it dries, everything blends together into a slightly spicy, flowery scent. Dandelion is still the prominent note, but I can definitely smell everything else as well.

Overall: This totally surprised me! I'm not really a floral person, and some of them give me quite the headache. But I really like dandelion. It gives a nice, bright, slightly grassy feel to this scent. Like a bright spring day. It's very good for keeping the winter blues away.

In the imp, this is light, dandelion and cherry blossomesque florals, and grasses. On my skin, watery florals, and maybe a touch of myrrh? We'll see what it does. Too grassy sweet for me, sadly.

Edited by Venneh

Wet on my skin, this is gorgeous! I'm smelling the dandelions and the myrrh the most, and I'm surprised that I like it as much as I do. I love myrrh blends, but I hate florals generally.

Oh, wait... after five minutes it's started to turn to soap. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a little bit relieved - now I don't have to search out a bottle. It was a great scent to try, though. It really did smell like the perfect springtime scent for a few minutes.

This scent encapsulates everything beautiful about spring, from the bright green new grass to the scent of the delicate, ephemeral flowers in the crisp, fresh breezes. I don't know how Beth does it, but her art is truly magical. I only wish I could have bought two bottles! I will wear the HELL out of this scent. :D

Phoenix in Spring starts out as hyacinths. Oh, I adore hyacinths! They're my most favorite springtime flower. Eventually, the hyacinths back off and I get a mix of springtime florals. Now that an hour has passed, I smell only dandelions. The scent is VERY skin close and I have to press my wrist to my nose to get the fleeting fragrance.

Polleny, springy flowers! And cherry blossom! The beautiful love child of Hanami and Evening Cicadas, with that same sort of pink, dewy floral feel that those do. In addition to pink, this scent is also yellow and polleny, but fresh as well, very springy. And dewy. It’s like those first few little blossoms poking their heads out at the start of spring. I don’t get any myrrh out of this, but that’s fine, it’s just a nice fresh floral, a _good_ floral scent, not phony or dry. Quite nice.

This is definitely Spring! It reminds me a lot of Strawberry Moon '09 - without the Strawberry...and with Cherry Blossom. Very nice! 4/5

It's a nasty, raw, RAINY day outside but this flashes me directly to spring. The lovely cherry blossom really stands out, backed by soft wildflowers, including but not dominated by the dandelion. It's like standing beneath a blooming cherry tree admidst a sea of wildflowers. The myrrh binds it all together too, adding a bit of depth and sweetness. Beautiful and an instant mood-lifter.

I'm so glad I bought a bottle unsniffed, because this is lovely and makes so very happy.

A gentle, dewy, fresh, floral warmed by the myrrh. Wet, it's much greener and dewier and, somehow, pollen-y (though not in a sneezing way, in the way you feel like you have an actually flower there, with it's pistil and pollen and leaves). The cherry blossom and dandelion are definitely the top notes, but they're not prima donnas about it. The sweet little wildflowers are there, and the myrrh is just lovely. Not spicy enough to make this seem summery, but enough to give a sense of warmth. This is a spring day after a light, refreshing rain, and all the new, green and flowering things are putting on a fresh burst of growth.

This is so unexpected. I feel like I've been looking for this scent for years and didn't know it. I can't stop wearing it (or surreptitiously sniffing my wrist when I wear it).

In the vial: A spring meadow! With dandelion and daisies! <3

On: Dandelions, daisies, maybe a hint of clover, and grass. This is green and yellow with just a bit of white and pink, and it smells like spring has just arrived. As it dries, I am starting to get a hint of cherry blossom. Spring in a bottle!

Later: Dandelions and cherry blossoms. I enjoy this a lot. However, when I let the DH smell, he really hated it :( I guess I can't justify hunting down a bottle if he doesn't want to smell this on me...

Sniffed: Sweet, green grass, maybe touched with a breath of ozone.

On skin: I initially get freshly cut grass, green and a bit watery, but this takes a step back after drydown and deeper notes emerge. These must be the (very gentle) myrrh and the flowers. A light, clear, simple blend that morphs between sweet greenery and deeper myrrh.

Verdict: A phoenix in the spring of its youth, gentle and pretty. I like green blends, but this is a little too grassy for me, and I have better blends so this will probably get overlooked.

Green. Very green on me, which isn't my thing at all. I hope that the myrrh would bring it all together, anchor the herbs/greens, but it's not doing a thing for me at all.

The Phoenix in Spring - This is such a pretty scent -- full of cherry blossoms and the grassy wildness of dandelions. I don't smell the myrrh at all. It's a really pretty, feminine, light scent perfect for spring, but on my skin, something in it turns and starts to smell flat and almost plasticky, so ultimately it's not for me.

Wet - Banana-y flowers? Banana? What the heck! It smells beautiful, but was not expecting banana.

Drying/ dry- AHA! I think the banana-esque smell was just the cherry blossom acting weird. Now it's lovely springy florals, and I can definitely pick out the cherry blossom. It's not too FLORAL EXPLOSION though -- which is good since floral explosion equals headache time for me! I can't pick out the myrrh but I think it's what's adding the overall smoothness and warmth and keeping the florals behaving.

Oddly enough, in feel this reminds me a bit of Morocco. It really doesn't smell anything like it, but it has that same warm floral but not too floral, almost spicy feel to it.

Love it!

I bought a decant of this from a forumite a month ago and I've been wearing it at least twice a week since. It's mostly wildflowers on me with beautiful greenness from the dandelions in the wet and drydown. Once dry the cherry blossom gently emerges and the myrrh envelops everything in its warmth. This blend is like a mix of Pa-Pow and Strawberry Moon (minus the strawberries, of course). I love this, I need more. :wub2: