The cold wind burns my face, and blows
Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake.

Sweet, soft snow.

I really love this.
I'm usually a foody lover, I love rich and cozy scents. Spicy scents.
But there is really just something sparkling and magical about this scent.
It has a lightness and a freshness about it. It's a little difficult to describe the exact smell.
There's something resembling a wintergreen smell, but then it also reminds me of coconut, haha.

It reminds of of being a kid and putting on my down coat to play in piles of pine-needle laden snow in the woods, pretending I was one of the winter fairies from the movie Fantasia. Though at the same time it also has a clean and warm scent that lingers on, that makes me feel how I felt after coming in from the cold, taking a hot shower and cuddling up in front of the woodstove with a big fluffy blanket.

It's just pleasant and gentle and beautiful. I really love it.
It also has amazing lasting power, I could still sniff my wrists after a 13 hour workday and get a good whiff. I smelled it wafting around me all day. :wub2:

I just love the lab's Snow scents. :wub2: And this one is another winner on my skin. There is the familiar creamy mint-like note of most snow blends on my skin, but something else. Maybe a soft white musk? And just the faintest, very faintest, hint of woody smoke.

As other reviewer said above, this a clean scent that just wraps around you. I have that image of being "fresh out of a hot shower" on a cold winter night when I sniff it.

This is mint, and a hint of woods. But if you let it dry and forget you've got it on your arm (as I did) you catch wafts of the real scent of snow--watery, crisp, fresh, so cold it can make your nose hurt. In a good way. And it's also got a touch of mint.

Sort of like being outdoors, building a snowman, then going inside to have a candy cane. I think I like this one--I usually have a love-hate relationship with the snow blends.

What an odd little scent!! It's unlike any of the other winter scents I've encountered. It IS, but it ISN'T foody, minty, aquatic, earthy, creamy, or linen-like. It has elements of the indoors AND outdoors. It's pretty ambiguous, but lovely all the same.

I also found this one odd in the beginning and I think it confused me because I was not excepting it to smell like this. I thought it would be straight up snow. However, I think it's better than I'd expected! The snow has an icy, minty quality and I also get vanilla, cream and maybe some soft amber, sandalwood and possibly a light musk. Apart from the soft sweetness, it also has a slight tartness. It actually reminds me of The Anti-Saloon League, but a winter, snowy, minty version of it. I really like it! :wub2:

Hmm. I, too am a bit befuddled by this one. In the bottle, it smells pretty amazing- sweet, vanilla-minty coldness. When I first applied it, I got a faint, sweet, minty pine. The more this dries on my skin, the more it takes a masculine turn. It's definitely cold and snowy, but there's also a smokiness coming from somewhere, and almost a dirty smell- like the forest floor covered in snow. The sweetness I got in the beginning is gone. It is a very high-pitched scent, if that makes any sense- it almost makes me sneeze, and it seems to hit the back of my nasal passages. I'm a bit sad, because I loved how it started out, but it seems my skin chemistry is doing strange things to it. I'll keep it around and re-test, but I fear this is not going to be the favorite I was hoping for.

A very faint snow scent. It is so hard to describe. I get a smell that is soft, slightly sweet, a tiny bit earthy, but not really "cold." This is a very I would say neutral scent on me as no one note really sticks out; they all seem to blend together very well.

As I'm cleaning the house and waiting for apple pies to be done baking I'm getting whiffs of Winter Time. I got this last week and wasn't too sure it was going to work. It smelled almost too ozoney. Now, after letting it rest for a week, it's gorgeous. It's almost like a frozen lemon, but not really lemony. It's more of the freshness of a lemon. I'm sure that doesn't make sense, and I agree it's hard to describe. Maybe a good comparison would be that it has the feminine feel of Snow White, but brighter and cooler. So pretty!

It's soft cool mint, not sharp, menthol-y or pepperminty, more fluffy. It's also vanilla and ozone. It's very nice but not much throw, I will slap tons on next time! I find it reduces to just vanilla after 2hours on me, the Antique Lace kind of vanilla, not a buttery kind, but I think I just tend to burn off mint and citrus extra fast, so you may do better :)

The main note in here is definitely a sweet vanilla. Following that, there's cool ozone, a nip of sharp trees, and just a small whisp of mint. The mint isn't even mint so much as a "cool" note.

When I first apply it, the sharp pine note threatens to dominate, but it's pushed back pretty quickly by the sweet vanilla and coolness.

The sweetness combined with the ozone kind of reminds me of a dentist office or hospital (it doesn't smell just like them, mind you, it just reminds me of that smell). I like it when I sniff it, but when I'm not thinking about it, it's like "whats that weird smell?" and I realize it's this perfume.

I get none of the earthiness that others are talking about. My skin does tend to sweeten things though, so it's not surprising that this screams sweet vanilla on me.

Several hours after application, it sort of reminds me of what someone's house might smell like. Sort of warm now more than cool. Snuggly and fluffy, definitely. Like you came in from the cold into a cabin and there's a fire burning (not smokiness so much as warmth and almost a hint of woodiness without screaming WOOD!) and a big, thick quilt to sit under (one thats been freshly washed; I suppose this is the ozone taking on a laundry sort of scent).

I definitely get pine and mint in Winter-Time; usually I hate the smell of pine, but this is soft and inoffensive. I get a blast of lime (?!?!) on first application, which settles into sweet, minty pine and something vaguely aquatic.

After a while, I smell a minty vanilla tea. My skin tends to turn everything to vanilla tea if it has even the slightest bit of sweetness to it, so that probably isn't a normal reaction. I don't mind it though!

Definitely cool and soothing. I bet I'll reach for this a lot in the summer!

This has a very sugary sweet mint feel to it, like wintergreen or spearamint. If you like those kinds of wintery mint smells, this would be a good bet for you.

Winter-Time is a soft, sweet, minty slightly piney delicate scent. There are no other words to describe it - other than beautiful. :heart:

Creamy mint-vanilla, touch of coconut and pine. Smells slightly masculine on me.

If you were looking for a male version of Snowblind, give this a whirl.

Minty and piney, with a touch of sweetness. It's like a breath of fresh air. It smells the same in my decant, wet, and on the dry-down. It's not too overpowering but I'm not sure about its throw yet. It's very delicate, so it may not last all day. Regardless, it's beautiful.

I have been waiting to review this when I could finally figure out what it smells like. It smells extremely familiar to me, but I couldn't quite pinpoint it until I was putting some laundry away this morning. This smells EXACTLY like the dryer sheets my parents keep at their house. It is a lovely, clean scent, but if I really wanted to smell like a dryer sheet I think I'd just rub it on my skin instead of investing my money in dryer-sheet perfume. I'll use up the imp, but I can't see myself purchasing a 5ml of this.

I’m not really sure what just snow is going to be like. I love the wintery scents—hoping this will be a winner.

In the decant: Slightly sweet, like snow cream.

Wet: Slightly minty wetness. Clean with a slight hit of evergreens and sugar.

Drydown: This is warm, rather than cold. One reviewer likened it to coming into someone’s house—I’d agree with that. It’s the first breath of warm air, with the snow just beginning to melt on your clothes. It’s already starting to fade, though. Just like the snow on your clothes, in fact.

Later: It gets colder. And… it becomes more of a clean scent, slightly reminiscent of Wensleydale, at least to my nose. Unfortunately, I didn’t like Wensleydale very much, and I don’t think I’m too keen on this one, either. I think I like snow scents mixed with flowers or evergreens best, but not so much all by its lonesome.

Winter-Time

On: Sweet. watery peppermint with a bit of something almost-foody behind it.

Half an hour in: Wood and something sweet.

1 hour in: Still sweet and woodsy.

1.5 hours in: Still the same, maybe a bit sweeter.

2.5 hours in: Powdery, sweet, and woodsy.

3.5 hours in: Still the same. Blah.

4 hours in: Wood.

Overall: I'm sad that this turned out the way it did on me. Boo.

I usually like the snow note in a lot of blends, so I thought that this would be a cool single note type of thing. It doesn't really smell like the snow blends on me, though. I get a hint of mint for about 10 seconds and then this is a rather dry fragrance. It smells like soapy dryer sheets and a spritz of very powdery vanilla musk perfume. It's intensely dry smelling on me and just gets worse over time, almost like breathing in dust. Weird.

Edited by Little Bird

At first, this is very nice. A sweet snow blend, and kind of what I wanted Waltz of the Snowflakes to be. After 45 minutes or so, the snow note turns to fungus on me. Yeah, my wonderful skin chemistry ruins a blend yet again. So now I smell like sweet, snowy mushrooms. :lol:

I LOVE this, and I didn't expect to at all. Sometimes the Lab's snow and winter blends run together in my mind, but this one stands out - it really is soft and pillowy and comforting. The feel is more like Waltz of the Snowflakes without the sweet evergreen notes; this is snow and soft air and light loam.

Wet, it opens with gentle peppermint, but that fades fast, and the dominant notes are creamy, non-foody vanilla, a sheer haze of something like white sandalwood and/or white musk, something almost but not quite like marshmallow, and the lightest of earth and wood.

It's very subtle. I slathered yesterday and was told by multiple people that I smelled wonderful.

Sadly, in about two hours my skin eats it and it becomes drier and dustier. That just means I have to re-apply. Oh darn.

Pine dryer sheets. It's very clean and fresh, I'll give it that, but I cannot imagine wearing this as perfume.

It'll smell GREAT with my laundry though!

Wet: wintergreen, sugar, hint of vanilla and maybe maple? and a touch of pine? The wintergreen is too strong here to evoke a snow feeling. There's a touch of ozone too.

Drydown: it does smell like sweet snow! If I went outside right now and stuck my face in the freshly fallen snow, it would smell the same.