Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenclaw79

Steeplechase Park Atmosphere Spray

STEEPLECHASE PARK
A celebration of Gilded Age amusement parks. Sweet, sticky concessions against a backdrop of gold-leafed rickety wood.

Alright, lesson #1: Don't stick your sniffer immediately into the cloud of scent you just sprayed. It stung a bit, but at least I can tell you now that there's definitely at least a pinch of cinnamon in this scent. :D

All in all, it's a really nice scent that reminds me of Midway -- very caramel-y and boardwalk-y. Yum. :)

Soooooooooooooooo good!

Its yummy and warm. It reminds me of Christmas baking. Warm, yummy, spicy sugary awesomeness!

Its a little like cinnamon sugar cookies right out of the oven. Maybe a very faint hint of ginger too.

Again, soooooooooooooooo good! :yum: :wub2: :yum:

This is very much like a sprayable Midway :thud: , though a bit more on the cakey side but still with plenty of sugary and caramelly goodness to balance it out as well. I also detect a bit of spice which isn't in Midway but still delicious. I didn't really detect the wood note too much but then again I was inundated with scents that day so I'll give it some closer inspection soon.

Sprayable Midway, yes... but there is a spicy-cakeness in this that literally, for me, is to utterly die for. aroused.gif Not sure if it is gingery or cinamony. Maybe both! Not sure if that is what the 'wood' did to it. But I'll take it! I will be hoarding this, and am so so so happy that an east coast event got this one and I can rub it all over and roll around in it =D!!!thud.gif

wub2.gif Utter love for this, as a foodie. I would have bought a life time supply if the boyfriend wasn't there! ha!

Edited by Absinthetics

I love this! :wub:

I get freshly baked, buttery, spicy, sugar cookies sprinkled with sweet cinnamon. :yum: I also get a little bit of wood but it's way in the background and I think just keeps the blend from going super foody. I know I will be reaching for this one a lot come the holidays (and a few sprays will trick everyone into thinking I've spent hrs. baking! :lol: ).

ETA: I noticed this leaves behind a lingering smokiness. It's very evocative of an amusement park and the food scents and smokiness in the air. I'm not a big fan of smokey scents so I may have to re-test it to see if it's a keeper for me.

Edited by cfrancesca

Midway, the atmo spray version. Cakes, fried goodness and a hint of wood. A foodie lover's dream, a dieter's nightmare.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I will spray it on my pillow at night and dream of funnel cakes and sticky candy. :yum: :lol:

Steeplechase Park Atmosphere Spray - Oh wow, this is AWESOME!!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: I don't usually like foody scents, but I love Midway and am so sad that it doesn't wear well on me, and this smells almost exactly like Midway with extra deep-fried-funnel-cake-goodness and a bit of ginger spiciness, so even though I can't wear Midway, I can spray this and revel in its deliciousness. It is really, really, really awesome. Quite possibly my favorite atmosphere spray ever, which is saying a lot considering I'm not a foodie!

It is amazing how a spray of this brings you to a carnival midway. You can smell the deep fried treats in the most insane way. Not sure if it's something I will use often, as it brings to me that almost grimy feel you get after being at a hot carnival all day and reeking of fried carnival treats. It's true amazement to me how the lab can get these scents into a bottle. :thud: I don't get the wood so much, more like the smell of sweets frying in a golden afternoon. Again, many thanks to my pick up angel for getting this for me!!

Edited by violetblue

I do get the comparisons to Midway on this one, but for me it actually has more of a Monsterbait: Underbed vibe to it - the spices are quite prominent - moreso than the sweet/cake aspect of it. I'd say there's a dash of cinnamon in here, and possibly some ginger.. it's not quite as spicy as the Gooey Pillowcase spray, but it's in a similar vein - it definitely gives the nostrils a bit of a tickle :)

I'm not sure where the 'gold-leafed' part of the description comes into play, but visually it brings to mind dilapidated merry-go-round carousels where the horses are now old and faded. I honestly wouldn't have picked up a wood aspect in this if it weren't mentioned in the notes, but since it is.. yes, there is something quite 'solid' in the feel of the spray that acts as a foundation for all the sweet spiciness.

The fragrance that it leaves in the room is like a mix of pastries, cake and doughnuts - sweet but not overly so, with a touch of wood-y smokiness - it's really a very yummy smell. I don't find that this one stays in the air/room for long - with some of my other BPTP sprays I can walk into the room hours later and still smell them but I don't get that with Steeplechase. It's more the type of fragrance that settles *on* things - I can smell it on the rug and the couch more than I can in the air.

This is a really enjoyable fragrance - I'm sure that if it was available as a GC or LE, it would be hugely popular. I'm very grateful that I had a lovely forum friend pick some up from NYCC for me :wub:

This? This is sexy sexy sexy bakery sex. Of sex. Wonderful mix of baked goods and just oh god I'm going to go roll in this forever now, BRB.

I spent a long time tracking down a bottle of this and don't really get the comparisons to Midway and Monster Bait: Underpants (which are both in my top 3 of favorite bpals). It has too much of a cinnamon spice cake and gingerbread cookies feel to it for me, and I don't get spices from Underpants or Midway... it's a buttery, spicy baked goods smell to my nose.

This is definitely Midway.

I get sugary sweetness, with a hint of baked goods. No wood. It smells sort of similar to Gooey Pillowcase with all that sugary sweetness, but with a distinctive 'baked' note to it.

Too sweet for us.

I don't really get the comparisons to Midway, but that may be because by partial of Midway Resurrected is a really light scent?

I mostly get spice from this (there's far too much cinnamon for this to be funnel cake to my nose) and caramel, backed by some wood. It's mainly caramel and spice when sprayed in the air, but I do get the wood in the background when the scent is directly sprayed on something (I sprayed it on a paper towel). My boyfriend thinks this smells like Christmas, but he says that about almost everything with a spice component. :lol: 

I am glad I got to try this one, but this one is a little too caramel-y for my liking. I'll stick with Halloween Carnival for my carnival room scent.