Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

SGR4 is a light green blend, with a hint of citrus fizz. My guess it has some juniper in it, green grass, and I think some green musk.

Edited by Shollin

SGR4 - I have a barely testable sniffy of this, so I may not be getting the full experience, but I don't smell the same notes as ZZ does above. I do smell the green musk (love it!) and the general "greenness" of the scent, but I don't smell juniper (which I love) and I don't smell grass (which I tend to dislike). I think there may be a hint of white mint and dirt in it. It's simultaneously earthy and ethereal. It's also a bit on the sweet side, but not in a foody way. It's an interesting scent, and something I would have been interested in trying more of it if it were released.

Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but I did, immediately on opening this bottle, get a hint of green musk that reminds me of ... something! I thought it was one of the Tweedles, but that's green mango. This is green in a bright way, to me; a hint of lime, a hint of mint, but not grass or trees, really. There's a certain musky assertiveness, and like Edens Sixth Day says, it's earthy and ethereal. There's definitely a fizzy note, but it's not like any other fizzy scents I can think of - sort of a fizzy lime rind, maybe? Initially, I kind of imagine squeezing limes outdoors; this smells like that moment when the layers holding citrus segments together snap, and there's an instant sharpness. It's citrus like on the rim of your cocktail glass, not juicy and round but sharp and bright, with a hint of sweetness floating around (this asserts itself as the oil starts to dry, reminding me of something various other etailers would call "lime sugar"), and of dry, packed dirt in the lower layers of the scent. The more it dries, the more I catch a hint of something maybe tree-like, maybe a little clean?

ETA: Color me thoroughly confused; once this puppy is all dry, I get a dark, dank musty-muskiness and something that my nose registers as leather. It's almost like one of the funky scents from the Cabinet of Whatsiwhats section of the Carnival. WTF?

Edited by bookandbroom