Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Geminirubyshoes

Lilith's Tea Party

Imaginary génoise cakes, imaginary trifle (with imaginary rosewater, imaginary Madeira and imaginary strawberries), imaginary macaroons, and imaginary Devonshire tea served in an imaginary garden surrounded by one-thousand imaginary flowers.

Sweet strawberry galore! This is a sweeter, strawberrier version of Floating Brain. Sweet strawberries, sponge cake and a hint of icing.

Way too sweet for me. But if you like sugary sweet blends, give this confection a whirl.

Wet, juicy strawberries. Mmm... this is like a *much* sweeter version of Teatime in Roswell, which I also love. Is this the same strawberry note in Strawberry Moon '09? I think it might be and SM'09 is one of my favourite lunacy oils of all time. I don't think I'll be needing a backup bottle of this, but I do enjoy it. It's not as in-your-face SWEET! as Anne Beany is, if anything it's fruiter and a touch more grown up. Delicious <3

Yummy! I smell juicy strawberries, cake and a hint of something floral every now and then. It's a very sweet, girly scent, but thankfully not in a nauseating way! I don't think I'd get through a bottle, but I'm really glad I got a decant :)

The arrival of the latest package of sins was a suprise. I had popped downstairs for a tea and there is was waving at me from the doormat. The smellies have arrived.

Bottle: Strawberry w/ an undertone. *yay! love the strawberry scents* And the art is adorable.

Wet: Initially it was strawberry black tea...the tea reminding me of Bread & Butterfly (worrying me as well because I don't like earl grey and B&BF had to go because of it). The tea deepens, and rose slowly engulfs strawberry, leaving only that jam tang at the edge. This is rose tea.

Drying Aftermath: I find that strawberry seems to be pacing. Wandering off, then popping back over. The tea was a good undercurrent for the most part. There was a small amount of time where some anise seemed to arise (big no) but left again shortly afterwards. For the most part this is an artifical rose tea...but is quite nice.

Lovely concept, a scent for a toddler's tea party, can't wait to try.

Wet it's all Tea time in Roswell with extra strawberry jam

Dry it's not too sweet and it's very pretty, unfortunately the rose note that pops out on dry down is a deal breaker for me.:(

In the bottle - A slightly cakey scent soaked in rosewater

Wet on me - Other florals come out to play giving a bright green effect underlain by a cakey note

Dry on me - A gather cake scent with delicate floral notes

Overall - Very pretty, but it doesn't grab me

Ahmagad... yet another instance of 'something everyone loves except me'.

I figured... cake, tea, strawberries...how can it go wrong? Silly, silly me.

The tea is fine, but it just can't salvage the salty, smelly reek of 'old gym sock' that whatever that cake note is turns into. It's not quite the same one that killed Elephantine Colossus on me, but it's close. I don't get strawberries, all I get is old socks soaked in milky (and slightly soured) tea. This lasted about two minutes before it was off to the bathroom to scrub it off.

Sad day! If it had the cake note that's in Eat Me, I suspect things would've been better. Oh well.

Edited by Nachtwulf

Lilith's Tea Party - There is nothing about this that should have gone wrong on me, but while it starts out with the scent of sweet tea, cake, and strawberry, it quickly turns to plastic on my skin, which is sooo sad because it's a tea scent that I just love at first, and those are rare. :(

They put gummi bears in a bottle! A bit like dried apricots, too. Maybe that's the strawberry coming up as the fruit.

Got this bottle from a lovely swap :heart:

From the bottle: strawberry tea with cream

Wet: Bit cookie like sweet tea

Dry: sweet weak tea

Maybe a bit of age of more setteling down will do the trick (just got it from the mail ^_^ )

So tried it again, i get up front weak tea, after 30mins it starts to change to very licht and fluffy cake, in the back ground if i press my nose to my wrist i can smell that the tea is still there.

Some drops of the perfume got in my sweather and it smells like weak tea, not really what i wanted.

The version on me is much better, so it's def. NOT going in my locket :D

Edited by Icekitten

This to me, is a herbal fruity tea. I would say strawberry/rhubarb, probably. Though I say herbal tea, it is not 'herbal' at all, it's just that is what I refer herbal tea as. I'm surprised I like this as much as I do, it is very berry-like, with a bit of tartness and a slight pastry note. I don't get any 'tea' note at all. I would have been all over this when I was in my 'berry' phase last summer, but for now, I'll enjoy the imp when the weather gets warm.

On me this was initially the most beautiful strawberry perfume I have ever smelt, then quickly it morphed into the revolting liquorice of bread and butterfly.

Soon it was ALL LIQUORICE ALL THE TIME. Don't get me wrong, liquorice is fine but in perfume, eg Lolita Lempicka edt, it absolutely nauseates me. Cry :thud:

I was so looking forward to this one too. Label gorgeous though.

Madiera wine soaked cake, a touch of licorice, milky sweet tea and strawberry-rose jam.

I could not love this scent more if Lilith herself popped out of the bottle and served me a cuppa.

Yummy yummy! Smells like tea and cake in the bottle. I put it on my skin and I smell like tea, cake, and fresh strawberries. On the drydown, I can smell a bit of rose in the background...delish! Very soft scent..not too much throw. As a few mentioned, it reminiscent of dolls from childhood! :) I can't see myself wearing this everyday, but I love it!

In the Bottle: light tea, light cake, light fruity cream. yes, this is very much a child's tea party :D

Wet on Skin: now i'm getting cake with a light cream dollop on top and the rosewater coming out as an afterthought. this is lovely. :wub2:

Dry Down: rosewater and light sugar, plus some very light black tea.

In All: definitely a child's scent- one that you can let your wee ones wear a little bit of on special occasions. for grown-ups, a good day-time scent, and one that will be nice to have on hand during the hottest parts of the year.

:)

This is very nice but not at all what I expected. It smells like a mix between Left his nurse while in a crowd and maybe a bit of Lights of Men's Lives.

A definite tea, fruit, and beeswax smell.

Lilith’s Tea Party

In the imp: mmm, strawberry jam and cream filled cakes!

Wet on skin: somewhere between Eat Me, Huesos de Santo, Teatime in Roswell and Bread and Butterfly.

Dry on skin: this is so pretty! The scent that predominates is strawberry jam and sponge cake. The strawberry jam is very, very sweet, but it’s working better on me than strawberry notes tend to. The trifle smells so realistic-it smells just like the kind my godmother makes, with jam filled Swiss rolls, I can really smell Swiss rolls here! There’s a hint of white wine to the trifle, and the cream/custard is there, adding richness to the whole scent. I can’t smell the imaginary flowers (I can smell rosewater though) or macaroons, and not much actual tea, but I’m impressed by the cake note. This scent reminds me of the Mad Tea Party scents (no surprises there) in that it smells sweet, whimsical and nostalgic.

After a while: I can’t decide whether I like this or not. I think it’s too sweet, but the jam scent reminds me of my favourite type of Swiss Rolls. Maybe the cream is making this too cloying? I love the Swiss roll and Victoria sponge scent here, but maybe it’s a little too much, when compared to other cake scents like Eat Me and Huesos de Santo. I think Eat Me has a musky scent to the vanilla which prevents it from being purely foody, and Huesos has sharp orange and anise detracting from the sweet cake and custard. The rose note in here is too faint to turn the scent into a floral gourmand.

Verdict: I like this, it’s a classic example of a tea party scent, there’s something quintessentially English about it-a scent of Victoria sponge cakes full of the sweetest strawberry jam, served with jammy Swiss rolls, jammy scones, trifles, and just the faintest hint of a cup of tea. I myself was hoping for more of the tea, to temper the intense sweetness of the cake. Because although I love the Victoria sponge scent here, it’s a little too sweet. Too much jam and not enough sponge, maybe? I’m comparing this to Golletes, another scent with a similar theme of strawberry jam and sweet carbs, and I think Golletes wins this round. It’s not as cloyingly sweet as LTP; I think the pastry note in there is less sugary than the cake in here. I eventually sold my bottle but I’m keeping a small amount because there’s something endearing about the scent and concept.

Is it a keeper? Maybe just a decant…

If you like this, try: Golletes, Teatime in Roswell, Eat Me, Huesos de Santo, Bread and Butterfly

Wet: When I was a pre-teen I had a gummy bears body spray. This smells like gummy bears! And tea. Reminds me of the tea in Dorian.

As it dries: It starts to remind me more of Dorian (which on me smells like lemon cake and tea), but replace the lemon with strawberry.

Dry: Gosh I love this, it's so sweet and takes me to childhood in such a wonderful way. It's bright and sweet and delightful! It stays true to the strawberry, but in a dessert, sugared way (makes sense with the trifle aspect). The tea has faded now that it's dry, but just enough to mellow a bit behind the other scents. I do smell an every so slight hint of the flowers, but they're so quiet that it's just complimentary to the blend as a whole. This is great!

Edited by Tiada

Lillith's Tea Party

On: Sweet, candy-like cakes.

1 hour in: A sweet, warm, cake scent.

4 hours in: Sweet with a vegetable note underneath.

Overall: This is another sweet scent that doesn't work on my skin.

The Label art for Lilith's Tea Party is so cute, I couldn't resist buying a bottle. I've since had to buy another because I liked the oil so much. The one thousand imaginary flowers that I feared are there, but they're weak like a watercolor painting. What stands out for me is the strawberries. They smell kind of watery but not watered-down (maybe by the rosewater? or tea?) This smells kind of like the strawberry flavored Hi-C that comes in juice boxes. Or maybe I should say, it smells kind of like what that Hi-C tastes like, and I mean that in a good way. I loved those juice boxes as a child. I don't get much cake or macaroons, just a funny, cute strawberry water scent.

i kind of figured this wouldn't work on me, since i don't like foody scents or fruity usually, but it sounded so damn adorable i couldn't resist. and i have taken a liking to some strawberry scents lately, strangely enough (however BPAL's strawberry still doesn't seem to work on me.) this smells like strawberry, cake and something a bit perfumy in the background. i get a light tea note and a hint of vanilla. the strawberry turns plasticky on me as usual, so i smell like a strawberry shortcake doll stuck in a cake ;)

Although my tastes do not run toward the sweet side of the scent spectrum, this is a sugar-dusted, not-too-sweet cake scent that really appeals to me, as a person who likes my sweets to have a touch of the savory. I do not smell strawberry as strongly as many other reviewers do, but there is a mixture of floral and fruit that I would best express by recalling that scent when you open a tin of sugar-powdered fruit pastilles. There is a cloud of faintly sweet dry sugar dust with the colorful fruits just beneath.

The cake itself seems to have a touch of anise, to my nose, and the tartness of the strawberry blends nicely with the faint dusty sweetness of the other notes. I think the only way I can take cake scents is when they are like this -- dry and without a hint of butter; and the way I prefer floral scents is when they are blended with something sweet that gives them a little extra body. But the idea of "flower cakes" is wonderful and I can imagine candied flowers or whorls of chalky frosting made to look like petals, and this makes me quite happy.

I happen to be testing this later in the day after applying the Mlle Lilith Fortune Teller scent and this happy accident works out very nicely, giving a hint of incense to the blend as well.

This started out smelling like a sweeter version of Bread and Butter-Fly on me, which is a very very good thing, as that's one of my favorite GC scents. After a little drying down, it smelled a lot like Dorian, which is probably my very favorite GC scent. Sweeter Bread and Butter-Fly drying down to Dorian -- now that's something I can get behind.

I am madly in love with this scent. NEED BOTTLE.

ETA: I've been wearing this a lot lately, and it's probably the longest-lasting of all the BPAL oils I've tried. I put it in early morning and it lasts well into the afternoon.

Edited by holborne

Lilith's Tea Party is a scent that in theory should be one of my favorites, but somehow falls flat whenever I wear it. It's a pretty scent, but I think the florals here keep it from being a pure strawberry, cake and tea delight. Golettes fills my "strawberry cake" scent need better. I love the idea of LTP, and I've held onto it for a while and keep trying it, but each time I try I end up having some kind of reaction to it and feeling borderline headachey/nauseous. I think this one needs to be passed on, unfortunately. :(

In the imp: Anise (very similar to Bread & Butterfly, I wonder if it's the same tea note?) and strawberries.

Wet: Amazingly fresh strawberries and delicious cakey things.

Dry: Oh my gosh, this is so wonderful. Sweet cakes and anise, fresh strawberries (I was a bit nervous about them, as I'm used to the nasty artifical scent, but this is very true to life), with hints of rose and cream. So whimsical and pretty. I need a bottle.