Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Geminirubyshoes

Lilith's Tea Party

Imaginary génoise cakes, imaginary trifle (with imaginary rosewater, imaginary Madeira and imaginary strawberries), imaginary macaroons, and imaginary Devonshire tea served in an imaginary garden surrounded by one-thousand imaginary flowers.

I opened the bottle and my first thoughts were "Oh no, no no no no." :( all I could smell was an overwelming sick smell of foody sweetness (not in a good way) however I thought I had to test it on myself first and thank-goodness I did!

On me all trace of sickingly food is gone and replaced with a gorgeous mixture of straberry, pink, cake, subtle flower sweetness with hints of tea.

My skin turns it into a very sophisticated yummy strawberry vanilla cake floral scent!

Edit just put some more on and I fear it might be too food for me :(

Rosewater and strawberry jam. It's sweet with light throw.

In the bottle, this is overwhelmingly sweet foodie with a floral background. Dry, I get a strong, sweet tea note--black tea with lots of sugar--with a soft rosewater and strawberry background. Very pretty and grown up, but not for me.

Edited by delighted

This scent is very cute and pink, and is definitely my favorite of the four scents I'm currently testing. It smells strongly of strawberry and cream on me, with a bit of tea. The sweetness of it reminds me a lot of something very familiar -- I think maybe Comforting Plush Companion? There's a little bit of a plastic badness if I get my nose right up close to it, but from normal distance I can't smell that. It's a cute happy strawberry, and I really like it.

Wet: Roses! And Cake! And Custard! Mmm, interesting. The creamy custard note (I am assuming that's the trifle) is really amping up. I am not sure how much I love it. It's interesting with the rose though.

Dry: The rose becomes most prominent, backed by a general sweet creaminess (not identifiable as cake or custard anymore). There's a hint of fruitiness as well, but I can't really identify it as strawberry either. I like it! And I'm glad to have tried it, but I can't see wearing it, so I doubt I will need to track down a bottle.

The Liliths are always so beautiful, and this one is no exception. In the bottle and wet, it is more foodie with lots of buttery cakieness, but very quickly it morphs to more floral over a background of cake. I think I smell the tea in there, but it is more with the cakes and flowers it's little girl's tea party. I can't believe how the lab does it!

In the bottle: Buttery cake, tea, and fruit

Wet: It reminded me of something, and then I realized it was some of my loose leaf herbal fruit teas. The buttery cake is prominent. Smells heavenly!

Dry: It reminds me of Plush Viscera. The butter note is gone, and the rosewater has come out. It smells like a very sweet fruit tea with added rose petals! So glad I got a bottle!

Smells like tea roses and sweet jammy strawberries in the bottle! Not gonna lie, the jammy quality in the bottle had me a little scared, but on skin, this scent makes me soo happy!

That "jammy strawberry" smell morphs into something like strawberry shortcake with lots of cream, tea, and light airy macaroons! And the tea roses are still there too, adding a cute floral backdrop to this princess-y garden picnic scene. If BPAL's Tea Roses & Lace was a person, this is how I'd imagine that person would smell as a young child lol! This is a scent I'd love to wear to Disneyland or somewhere similar!