Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Marshmallow Pumpkin

Marshmallow goo and pumpkin pulp! And yes – this, too, is vegan!

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one getting spices out of this. I thought my nose had gone wonky. :lol: I was hoping for a melding of Marshmallow Poof and pumpkin, but the spiciness makes this smell a lot less like marshmallows and a lot more like pumpkin pie. A very tasty pumpkin pie, true, but not what I was hoping for. With all the pumpkin scents I already have, this one may be for the swaps.

Mmmm... this is delicious! It's spicy (mostly cinnamon) and pumpkin-y, with a bit of marshmallow. One of those "I want to eat my arm!" scents for sure. The spice calms down quite a bit as it dries, mostly leaving me with delicious, fluffy pumpkin. OM NOM NOM

Edited by Kaylee

I am totally striking out on Weenies this year. :( Wet in the bottle and wet on my skin, Marshmallow Pumpkin is all cinnamon to my nose. At the moment it dries on the skin, I get a lovely waft of the clean marshmallowy top note I get from Boo and, say, Teenage Cannibal, on top of a cinnamon-heavy pumpkin pie, and the scent is heavenly. But the next moment it is all gone. I mean GONE. Then, strangely, 30 minutes later I get that dreaded salty boiled peanut scent I often get from "cream" notes. So sadly, except for that brief shining moment of pure olfactory joy, this is a bust. Off to swaps.

I know I smell marshmallows because it's Marshmallow Pumpkin, but it's definitely way, way in the back and I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it. It's mostly just pumpkin.

edit: hold on, hold on....the mashmallow is taking a step forward and really softens it. Nice!

Edited by Suusje

Mmm, this is so sweet and spicy. I've been waiting to get over a pretty nasty head-cold to try my recent Trading Post purchases and this is the one I was most curious about, especially after reading some of the other reviews. I do get a faint whiff of marshmallow (faint but definitely there) but mostly it is sweetened cinnamon and buttery pumpkin. I was expecting something so much more subtle. Still, it's certainly a winner! :)

Edited to add -- Now this has had about four months to settle, it smells different and works differently on me too. The spice has receded one heck of a lot and in its place is fluffy, powdery vanilla marshmallow. I am crazy for marshmallow scents and so this makes me very happy indeed. The pumpkin remains but again, is now not quite so potent. This has to be one of my fabourite Halloween blends. I need more!!

Edited again - I've had this blend for five years now and it's changed even more. There is very little spice and it isn mainly marshmallow with a subtle (and delicious) undertone of pumpkin. This keeps getting better and better.

Edited by cherrycherry

Oh nommy! I normally stay away from the sugary blends as they have a habit of going squiffy or disappearing on me. This, however, was a pleasant surprise!

In the bottle: CINNAMON! and pumpkin, with other pumpkins pie-esque spices. No hint of the sugary fluff.

Wet: Still strong cinnamon, but there is a kind of buttery note, like when you are baking and you melt your butter and add your sugar? or like hot cinnamon sugar toast?

Dry: Cinnamon has settled down and is now playing well with the others. I am not really reminded of marshmallows, but I do like the scent.

Overall, I am totally pleased with this. The throw is not so far, but it lasts a long time hanging out near my skin. I put a test spot on my wrist before bed, and I could still detect it (with my nose shoved up to it) in the morning.

With the notes of "pulp" and "marshmallow", I was hoping I would be able to find spiceless pumpkin perfume so I sprung for the bottle blindly. Alas, it was not meant to be, as this is a pumpkin spice and marshmallow instead. On my skin, this is double sad as it turns into a plasticy cinnamon. :cry2:

Marshmallow Pumpkin

I am loving Marshmallow Pumpkin! It's a little dry and spicy, but at the same time sweet and floofy. I was hoping Blue Pumpkin Floss would be like this, but on my skin it smelled like curry somehow, so I am thrilled that Marshmallow Pumpkin works! The scent lasts for many hours, but I have been reapplying it every few hours anyway because I love it so much and want it to stay strong. :yum:

I've tried so many of the pumpkin scents and none of them have worked for me. I'm so happy this one does! At first it's spice, all spice and nothing but spice. As it dries down the marshmallow and pumpkin come in and soften the scent into something warm and beautiful.

I bought a bottle.

In the bottle: Extra sweet pumpkin spices (cinnamon or cassia, nutmeg, ginger, cloves).

Wet on skin: My skin seems to amp the spices, so I get the sweet cinnamon hearts feel others have described.

Dry on skin: Pumpkin spices mellowed by sweetness. Nom!

Final thoughts: In the bottle, this blend makes me think a lot about a type of candy I've eaten while young, but I can't exactly recall what it is, though I can confirm that I don't smell typical marshmallow out of this. On my skin, it turns to sweet spices. I'll keep this scent to make me warm on winter days...

In the bottle, Marshmallow Pumpkin is all pumpkin and spice. On my skin, it's a base of pumpkin and spice with a topnote of marshmallow. I was expecting more sugar, but this is good.

Marshmallow Pumpkin is a VERY wearable pumpkin scent. It has the same spiced pumpkin note as Blue Pumpkin Floss but the delicious marshmallow note softens it a bit making this wearable for me. Basicaly, Marshamallow Pumpkin smells exactly as described and is something I will be able to wear for the remainder of autumn and all winter long. :wub2:

This is all cinnamon spice and marshmallowy sugar on first application. The marshmallow plumps into a rounder, sweeter note, but it ends up smelling like cinnamon gum and plush marshmallows on me. Sweet and spicy and powdery at once. Neat, but not pumpkiny at all.

Edited by Voleuse

In the bottle - A dry spice note

Wet on me - A very cinnamon note, with a perculiar watery note beneath it

Dry on me - Dry spices on a buttery pumpkin

Overall - I expected it to be much sweeter

Loads of dry cinnamon and allspice, hint of pumpkin and a whiff of marshmallow goo plastic.

Spicier than expected.

Spicy marshmallow at first that dries down into faint marshmallow. Eh, not quite for me, unfortunately.

Dry baking spices with sweet marshmallows and the tiniest amount of pumpkin. Kinda bummed. I was really hoping for less spice and more pumpkin and marshmallow. The spices really eat all the other elements.

This was mostly spices on me. Marshmallow and spices. I like it, and will definitely keep my decant :)

This was actually lighter than I expected but every bit as delicious. The pumpkin is mellow, sweet and lightly spiced; it's the stronger element first, but within about a minute they switch sides and the marshmallow fully emerges. The marshmallow in this is very reminiscent of Marshmallow Poof, maybe a tad of a gooier marshmallow note, or maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me. Either way I love it and want to take a bite out of my arm. :yum:

Edited by Invidiana

In Imp: What an odd scent. It definitely reminds me of what flavored marshmallows smell like, artificial and candy sweet. The pumpkin lends just a tiny bit of depth, but this is pretty much pure crystalline marshmallow sugar with a little spice to it.

Wet: Pumpkin and marshmallow, as advertised. It smells weirdly like a peep, and while it's totally accurate I think this one may be a little too one note sweet, even for me.

Dry: Weirdly plasticky sweet, and I'm afraid it's just not for me. Into the swaps! 2/5

Wet: i smell only a strong spicy something (i reconize Taai Taai from Lush in this)

Dry: still very spicy but i do smell a creamy undertone.

15 mins later: this turns like roasted Marshmallow on me, it's soo good!!!

In the bottle: This does remind me of Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil, but with some sweetness and creaminess, obviously added by the marshmallow.

Wet: Rather much the same as sniffed from the bottle.

The dry-down: Just amazing how this scent is the same throughout. It's also a skin scent, so it's not overpowering. I like it, but I feel as though I could re-create something like this by layering Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil and Boo or Marshmallow Poof. It would not be exact, of course, but similar.

Marshmallow Pumpkin

In the imp: marshmallow cinnamon and pastry!

Wet on skin: sweeter pumpkin pie!

Dry on skin: mmm, this is delicious! It smells like the wonderful Pumpkin Pie bath oil scent, but a bit sweeter and fluffier. The marshmallow is not as strong as Poof or Plastic Flamingo, but it does add a lighter sweetness to the pumpkin note. This pumpkin is not the buttery Jack variety, this is a mushier, pulpy scent with just a tiny bit of butter that seems more like pastry than pure butter, and heavily spiced. There’s a lot of cinnamon here, and maybe a hint of nutmeg. It’s delicious, and out of the treats, this one’s my favourite.

After a while: it sweetens a little, becoming a more balanced mix of pumpkin pie and marshmallow. It’s really lovely. The marshmallow tempers the intense spice of the pumpkin pie, but that in turn seems to prevent the marshmallow from turning to plastic.

Verdict: Pumpkin Pie bath oil is my favourite BPAL pumpkin scent (along with Pumpkin Queen but even that can be too buttery at times) and this has that exact same pumpkin scent-mushy sweet pumpkin with pastry but no blatant butter, and lots of spice. This is sweetened by a delectable marshmallow note that works better in here than in other marshmallow scents. It’s very sweet and quite rich, not a scent I can wear every day but this is one of the best gourmand scents I’ve tried-it doesn’t turn to plastic or go sickly or cloying, it just smells like perfect marshmallow topped, cinnamon spiked pumpkin pie, simple as that. Yummy.

Emoticon rating: :heart:

Is it a keeper? Yes! I have half a bottle.

If you like this, try: Pumpkin Pie bath oil, any of the Pumpkin Patches, Blue Pumpkin Floss, Pumpkin Latte

At first, this is spicy ginger, cinnamon, and perhaps a bit of cardamon with a touch of marshmallow. And what a lovely marshmallow it is! As it dries, the spices fade, and the marshmallow comes out in all her rice krispie treat glory. For once, the spices take a background on me, and this blend ends up being total awesomeness, and this is coming from a non-foody bpaler. WIN, and I may just hunt down a bottle or partial. :wub2:

Marshmallow Pumpkin

Note: I am vegan and a sucker for marshmallow-scented things.

On: Wow. Definitely pumpkin pulp. No pumpkin pie spices here. There's a dusty marshmallow sweetness, too. Very nice.

Half an hour in: Spicier now. It actually reminds me a bit of spicy almond cookies, if that makes any sense.

1 hour in: Spicy marshmallow with a hint of pumpkin. Not overly sweet, which is nice.

1.5 hours in: Spicy marshmallows.

2.5 hours in: Just spices with a hint of sweetness.

3.5 hours in: Spicy and sweet.

5.5 hours in: Sweet and a bit spicy.

Overall: This is a really interesting blend, but I don't think I'd reach for it often.