Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Marshmallow Pumpkin

MARSHMALLOW PUMPKIN
Marshmallow goo and pumpkin pulp! And yes this, too, is vegan!

it's a sweet and spicy pumpkin and it's lovely. Oh! as it dries down (or the longer you sniff) I start to get the marshmallow! You can even smell the powdery stuff on it..

How does Beth DO that? :eek:

It's kinda faint after it dries but I'd expect that from a marshmallow scent. Love it. :joy:

I'm going to wear this with the Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple and Blue Pumpkin Floss as a trifecta of fall sweetness! :wub2:

I am opting to remain optimistic about this one for now, but it's not what I expected. When it's wet on the skin I get cinnamon Trident gum wrapper. Cinnamony, but not as strong a blast as in Blue Pumpkin Floss. I can kind of tell there is something sweet and creamy in the background, but it's very far back there. When this has been dry for about an hour, I start to get the marshmallow. It's like a cotton candy marshmallow, and I really like it. I wish that Marshmallow Pumpkin started out this way! Maybe aging will help dull the cinnamon factor. I think I'll give it some time, but as of right now I'm on the fence.

This surprised me initially how spicy it was when wet. Very warm pumpkin, almost pumpkin pie like. I was initially disappointed because I didn't get that gooey sweetness, but about an hour into it oh boy. Very marshmallow and very light, almost no throw at all. But that's ok because when I huff my arm it's enjoyable.

Marshmallow Pumpkin - This reminds me a ton of the Pumpkin Pie bath oil -- super spicy and pumpkiny. There is loads of cinnamon in this, but also a super-sweet marshmallow scent. I'm actually bummed out about this one because for me, the pumpkin and marshmallow is an awesome combination, but there's way too much spice for me to be able to wear this happily. The marshmallow definitely comes out stronger the longer it's on my skin, but unfortunately, the spiciness doesn't fade nearly as much as I wish it would.

This one is a winner! Very spicy, which worried me for a bit. More cinnamon than pumpkin to my nose. But there was the marshmallow behind it and as the spice faded, the marshmallow came forward. The drydown on this stuff is fantastic!

This one starts out KABAM! spicy pumpkin on me...and I think I really like that! I've been looking for spicy scents and this one really hits the spot for me because it's a foody spice without being over the top or herbal. Quite frankly, I find this kinda...sexy. B)

After it dries down, the spice settles a bit and the marshmallow starts to come out, adding a slightly creamy undertone. This scent isn't at all what I expected, but I'm really quite happy with the spicy surprise.

bottle: spicy sweetness. smells like cinnamon and nutmeg with something creamy and sweet.

wet: creamy, sweet cinnamon. this isn't buttery pumpkin, it's very understated. also, i am very sensitive to cinnamon and this does not burn my skin at all.

dry: i wish there was more pumpkin and/or marshmallow. i get neither. what i do get is a nice creamy spice scent that will be wonderful for layering.

Man oh man. I took a risk with this one....and unfortunately this gave me an instant headache when first applied. However, when it dries down though, it gets sweeter, and the spicy pumpkin in this calms down quite a bit on me. I'm not sure I'm going to keep this because of how spicy it is when applied, but it's worth a shot for the end result.

I have to agree this one starts out VERY similar to Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil. Very spicy. As it dries though, it begins to mellow (or "mallow" if you prefer :lol: ) and I can pick up the marshmallow note. Still a little spicy but tempered with a creamy vanilla note.

Yum! Like Licorice Bat, this is pretty straight-forward too: lightly spiced pumpkin pie filling and a hint of vanilla marshmallow. The throw and wearlength are moderate though, so I might need more than one bottle. :yum:

Marshmallow Pumpkins... there are a few scents that I keep due to the artistry exhibited in them. Death Cap is one due to the phenomenal representation of mushrooms. It is eerie. Graveyard Dirt is another since it is so very much like fresh loamy dirt with worms. And there are a few more. Most marshmallow scents are kind of a sweet sticky sort of smell, not this. This is MARSHMALLOWS!!!! These marshmallows are made with a few drops of spiced pumpkin syrup, are very light orange, and finely coated in that marshmallow powder so they don't get all stuck together. Yes, it is like sticking your head in a bag of these things and inhaling deeply. The powder is distinctly there. This is fabulous.

Ultra NOM!!!!! Spicy, cinnamony marshmallow pumpkins liquified. I feel like I have reached Halloween scent nirvana with obtaining a bottle of this.

In bottle: Very, very sweet. The pumpkin and marshmallow turn out to be very complimentary together, each maintains it’s individuality, while contributing to a whole greater than the sum of it’s parts. I don’t have a lot of luck with pumpkin scents as I tend to parse them funny. There is no hint of that here, though I do worry how it will age. Right now, though, it’s exquisite. Wet: spicier on the skin. I’m suspecting cinnamon. The pumpkin really comes out, making me realize how much stronger the marshmallow was in the bottle. The marshmallow is less distinctly marshmallow now, and edging towards whipped cream, though still in the marshmallow spectrum. The effect is rather cinnamon heavy pumpkin pie. I still like it, but I’m not as excited, since it was more stand out unusual in the bottle. Dry: It’s softer and gentler, with pumpkin dominant. It is still spicy and the marshmallow sweetens and connects the elements. It’s quite nice, and so far the only really successful pumpkin for my skin chemistry.

I'm getting married on Halloween this year, so I prayed that I could wear this on my wedding day. Unfortunately, it's way too spicy. It did fade a bit after a few hours but then it smelled like spicy cinnamon with a bit of marshmallow. Not one trace of my beloved pumpkin. Sadly, I need to find something else to wear. :violin:

~

Wet: Cinnamon madness

Drying: The raw pumpkin and marshmellow comes out. The raw squashy pumpkin is not really my thing.

Dry: It is trying to be pumpkin pie, but something is off.

Overall: I love the marshmellow and spice. The pumpkin doesn't quite smell like pie, but is more raw. I'm not a fan of the note.

ETA: I just figured it out! It smells like sweet potatoes with marshmellows on top! Ok, I like this now :)

Edited by proserpine

I've avoided all pumpkin scents for the last few years because pumpkin notes go rancid on my skin. Like butter that's gone bad, and I hate even looking a stick of butter. It's that repellent to me. Pumpkin is one of the few notes that I absolutely can't stand even though I love eating plain baked pumpkin and the scent smells great to me on other people. So I didn't even think about testing this one. But I smelled it on my mom this last time I visited her and it was so great on her, so I decided to give it a very cautious test drive. This one has changed my feelings about pumpkin fragrances. It actually smells great on me too!

It's like Marshmallow Poof with mild baked pumpkin. This could have turned into a bakery gone wrong, and I really don't enjoy cinnamon/nutmeg/spice rack type of foody scents. Or foody scents in particular for that matter. (I seriously sound like such a complainer in this review!) But the spices aren't overly strong at all. I can't really make out what they are, but to me it's a cinnamon/nutmeg mixture. I can't make out any clove, which I would have suspected to make an appearance in a pumpkin-spice blend. It's mostly the vanilla sweetness of the marshmallow with hints of understated spice. It's very autumnal.

It becomes kind of musky during the drydown. Like brown musk with a hint of dry sweetness. Nothing like the sugary, poofy marshmallow vanilla it was initially. But it still smells good, just in an entirely different way. It wears pretty well too in the same manner that a lot of thicker, vanilla, gourmand scents do on me.

I know that I wouldn't wear this often, but I find it so comforting and delicious. I think I want my own bottle. And now I want to try other pumpkin scents to see if this one was an anomaly, or if maybe other pumpkin notes out there could be compatible with my finicky chemistry.

Edited by veridian

I agree with previous reviewers - this is a lot like the Pumpkin Pie bath oil. I get the gooey aspect people have mentioned, but on my skin the pumpkin is pretty dominant - the marshmallow either isn't very strong in the mix, or it's just being smothered by the pumpkin. So ultimately this is pretty much a straight-up pumpkin for me.. sweet and spicy (cinnamon? some nutmeg, maybe?) but pumpkin nonetheless. It does soften up quite a bit on the dry-down, but unfortunately the marshmallow never quite gets there - I don't think it can get out from behind the spices. For me personally that's a disappointment - mainly because I already have quite a few of the various Pumpkin Patch blends from years gone by so I was hoping for something a bit different.

So yes - Marshmallow Pumpkin is a lovely pumpkin blend, and perfect as a Weenie. Pumpkin lovers should really enjoy this one :smile:

Wet and right on the skin this is defintely a great combination of marshmallow fluff and pumpkin pulp. You get the spiciness of the pumpkin right away.

On the dry down this softened to a creamy spicy note, like the spices you would use in a pumpkin pie. It ended a little more cinnamon and clove like to my nose, with the softness of the marshmallow/creamy notes.

I got this with Candy Corn Coated Apple as well and think I want to layer the two together for a scent that will really mean the smell of fall to me!

This doesn't smell like marshmallow to me. What it smells like is the most HEAVENLY spiced pumpkin EVER, better than Pumpkin V, better than anything I've yet smelled! I had to buy a bottle.

This scent is double-win for me because normally the lab's pumpkin note is too gross and buttery on me and the marshmallow/sweets scents are too sweet and cloying. In this case, it's like the best of both worlds! The pumpkin is warm and spiced, but not thick and buttery. The marshmallow gives the pumpkin the sweetness, and sticks around after the pumpkin is gone. Delicious, tasty and satisfying!

Nommy! This years Halloween hit, I think. It's pumpkin and spice, which is automatic win, soft marshmallow, a dusting of flour and powdered sugar.

Medium throw, not that long lasting (but they almost never are for me.)

Love it!

I get nothing but pure red hot cinnamon hearts in this.

No pumpkin, no marshmallow....nothing sweet at all.

I do like it.

It's just not what I expected with a name like Marshmallow Pumpkin.

I don't get any marshmallow from this, sadly. It goes on smelling like uncooked cinnamon rolls (oddly like uncooked dough and cinnamon sugar) and dries down to red hots cinnamon candies. I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon when it's sharper and overpowering like this, so this blend isn't working fcr me at all :(