Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mineralgirl

Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple

CANDY CORN COATED CANDY APPLE
Tart green apples coated in thick gobs of melty granulated white sugar, with butter, bourbon vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon, spattered by candy corn and candy sprinkles.

This smells like a fresh fall apple. It's juicy and sweet with a hint of tartness. I don't get much else besides a faint sort of sugar sprinkle scent in the background. If you love apple, this is for you! :D

This is tart fresh apples all the way. There's a slight hint of the butter and sugar in the background, but it's all apple all the way for me. And I like it.

Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple - I'm not usually a fan of apple blends, but I keep trying them because one or two times, I've tried apple blends that were AWESOME. This one's pretty good. It opens with a blast of crisp, juicy apple, but as it warms up on my skin, I can smell the candy corn coating, and it's delicious! It's tooth-achingly sweet, though, and probably more for someone who likes both apple and sugary scents. I'm very glad I tried it, but I just don't see myself choosing this apple scent over, say, SGA.

In bottle: Green apple dominant, with strong sugar, candy corn, and vanilla components. It does a good job living up to its concept. Wet: still green apple dominant, crisp and candy sweetened. It is a touch more artificial on the skin, but still lovely. The candy corn and sprinkles differentiate it from other apple blends in the halloweenie line and there’s a lovely contrast here between sweet and tart. The cinnamon is understated yet pleasing with the buttery sugar. Dry: As it wears, it goes very spicy, and the apple start to smell less juicy and more dried. The candy elements soften and blend into the apple, turning the tartness a bit sweeter.

Crisp apple dipped in melting sugar. This reminds me a bit of the candy apple scent from the Trick or Treat Inquisition a few years ago. That one was caramel apple, I think. This one is just a different coating. Apple lovers will enjoy this because it's clearly apple with a fun twist. Not a huge amount of throw or lasting power, but it'll make do.

Still love Creepy and Lambs Wool for apple scents, but I think this one is a keeper.

bottle: delicious crisp apples, dripping in gooey sugar and caramel. this is like the next step up for sugar-slathered candied apple.

wet: this is like the perfect marriage of creepy and sugar-slathered candied apple. it is sweet apple perfection. i will be buying more bottles of this!

dry: this dries to a nice waft of apple with a nice scattering of sugar and caramel. i love, love, love this scent!

In the bottle - Sweet apple the same exact apple in creepy

Wet - Red sweet delicious juicy apple ..total LOVE

Drydown - The apple is still bright and juicy only now i detect the candy portion of the candy apple and with a generous slathering of pure white sparkling sugar crystals infused with the most scrumptious vanilla. YUM - now the candy corn is making an appearance. My FAV BPAL scent of all time!!!!! I really hope they decide to resurrect this every year I am getting at least 3 more bottles. Complex, pretty, AWESOME throw! its still going strong and ive had it on for an hour now.

Overall - TOTAL LOVE! I dont find any part of this artificial smelling at all and its very very realistic, makes me wanna nom my arm lol

Are you kidding me? Is this really THIS good? Why, YES, it is!

This oil is amazing. Crisp, tart apples covered in sugary, buttery goodness. It smells like a caramel covered apple and I am in serious love with it.

In the bottle I get super strong tart apples with a bit of carmel.

On me the carmel comes out more, with just a hint of candy corn. Resembles Creepy 06 but with more caramel.

This does remind me of Creepy, but without rum, and about a million times more caramel and a tarter green apple note. The apple fades out quick, the caramel stays rich until the drydown, when its more of a candied vanilla scent. I don't get butter or spice, and the candy corn is much subtler than in Trick or Treat.

This apple is very decadent and yummy and since I missed Sugar Slathered Candy Apple, I'm happy to have this one. :yum: The throw and wearlength are moderate, it lasts a few hours.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

This the quintessential fall scent for me. Wet on the skin, it starts out mostly just candied apple. But the more I sniff it as it begins to dry, I pick up the candy corn note, though it is not anything nearly as "corny" as last year's Trick Or Treat oil.

Sniffing my wrist is just making me want to head out to the store and pick up some candied apples for dessert tonight. :yum:

Edited by angelicruin

For the most part, I like apple scents. SGA is my favorite by far. The moment I applied Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple, I got sharp fresh apple. Almost too sharp. It's been a few hours since I applied it to my wrist. I no longer smell apple but a light sweet candy scent. I almost want to say cotton candy. Not one trace of candy corn unfortunately. It's not bad overall but not something I would reach for right away to wear. :huh?:

~

In the bottle, this is sugary, tart green apples. Smells so good. On my skin, again, sugary green apples, with a hint of the cinnamon and the bourbon vanilla. Mmmm. Dries down to a juicy, luscious sugary apple and vanilla scent. Totally beautiful and fally.

Edited by Venneh

in the bottle -- fresh cut apples, hint of creamy sweet. On me: amazing amazing amazing ugh fake candle apple amazing again. why why why does apple have to have that horrible half hour on me? I love it so.

OMG this was amazing and I laugh now for thinking it may end up being a miss. This is gorgeous fresh apple, I mean, seriously FRESH apple with a yummy sweetness that isn't caramely on me thank god. It sounds bizarre but I already had Banshee Beat on and this layered with it was pure awesomeness, just wish it lasted longer. I am really wondering about getting a back up because this is swoon worthy and I will love slathering it all fall long.

Wet and right on the skin this was pure apples! I was a little disappointed because I really wanted the candy corn/sugar notes to come out, but all I got was pure granny smith apples. I like apples you see, but not sure I wanted to smell like them all day long.

After it dried down about an hour later, the warm buttery and sugary notes started to come out more, and the apple moved into the back a little, so overall it was a sugary apple scent that turned out to be quite lovely. This why you always have to wait for these scents to dry down before coming to a conclusion about how you feel, they always change a little.

Overall I am really happy with this one, even though it's not quite what I was expecting.

I got this with Marshmallow Pumpkin as well and think I want to layer the two together for a scent that will really mean the smell of fall to me!

I'm going to try them again each on thier own, but one day I'm going to blend them together. One day soon!!

This is crazy... it's SO sweet and SO tart, all at the same time! As other people noted, these are definitely crisp green apples, but the scent quite honestly smells like it's surrounded by a coat of creamy, sugary goodness. Not for people who like super mellow, subtle scents -- I have a feeling that a little bit of this will go a long way. I'm generally not a fan of apple scents, but I think that this one will be a keeper, especially because once it dries down, the apple calms down and a beautiful vanilla scent takes over. In a way, it reminds me of a younger cousin of Black Lace (the batches with the apple component) who's all hyped up on red bull and Halloween candy.

I was hoping for something similar to Creepy. I was out of luck.

First, there's a nice fresh tart apple. About 5 minutes later, its all sugary-sweet with no apple in sniffing range. 5 more minutes and its completely gone. I quite enjoyed the tart apple phase, the sweet phase was a bit too much sugar for me. As a teenager-I would have adored it if it wouldn't get eaten by my skin, on adult me-its just too sugary.

Off to the swap pile it goes.

Oh NOM. This one pretty much lives up to its name, both in the bottle and on my skin. Tart, fresh apple predominates, but there's a hefty dose of of sugar and vanilla cosying up to the apple, a very slight touch of butteriness contributing to the candy corn impression and a gentle hint of spice from the cinnamon. Definitely foody, definitely fall and very delicious. If you like foody scents, I recommend this one! :wub2:

For anyone looking for layering opportunities, I tried Ginger Skulls with Candy Corn Coated Candy Apple and had to restrain myself from gnawing on my arm. Fruity-spicy-sweet-fall YUM.

Edited by karihan

Guh, this is delicious. I've never smelt or tasted candy corn before, so I'm not sure how accurate the blend is in comparison. All I can say is that I get wafts of juicy, fresh apples and oodles of caramel and sugar. I wish I smelt like this all the time. Actually, with my current addiction to this blend, I may well do so!

Exactly what the description says. Crunchy green apples, sugary coating, candy sprinkles. There's also some caramel in the mix, too. The butter isn’t buttery. Really, it just smells like a combination of sugar, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. There is no butter smell, but you know the butter’s there, holding everything together. And on the outside of this sugary shell? Brightly colored sprinkles. I don’t get a candy corn scent, per se, which is fine with me since I don’t really like the smell of candy corn. I didn’t think I was going to need a bottle of this, because of the butter and the candy corn, but now..oy. I don’t know how I can NOT get one! It's delicious!

Such a happy scent. Apples and insanely sweet candy. Seeing all the packages of candy corn start appearing in stores triggers my Autumn mode. I love the colors and how decadent those candy corns are... I used to be SO addicted to them when I was little.

This is much more appley than sugary in the beginning. A little sour, almost enough so to get that weird feeling behind my jawbone that accompanies super sour tastes. Very tart and fresh like others have mentioned. Then it becomes all candy and sticky, melting vanilla. Just overboard, cloying sweetness with a teeny, tiny bit of fruitiness. I don't notice any spice from the cinnamon, only the candy fragrance. It's so much like those packaged candies: candy corn, those tiny pumpkin shaped candies, all of the bright colored solid/ sugary cremes.

This stays delicious all day! I kinda want to use it in an oil burner but I'd rather save this one for wearing. :)

Source: decant

In the decant: sharp, green apple

Wet: Crisp, juicy green apple and sugar. Close huffing gets me a little sugar and butter. This is not a "fake" butter (popcorn butter) smell, but really a hint of creamy richness.

Dry: This just keeps getting better. It remains crunchy apple with a sweet, sugary glaze and hints of spice all the way.

Very nice!

Very sweet and candy-like in the bottle.

On my skin I smell a tart, fresh, green apple, with a soft edge of sweetness. Doesn't smell specifically like candy corn to me, but the apple is so yummy! It really captures fall to me. I don't explicitly smell smoke in this blend, but I almost feel it swirling around me as I sniff... a leaf-burning, fall smoke. It's very evocative!

Much later Edit: Unfortunately, like most apple blends, this doesn't last long on my skin. :(

Edited by sunlitgarden