Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Red_Hot_Mama

Berry Scents - Blackberry, Red Berries

Ended up ordering Prunella too... hope this will all be good stuff, specially with the heat rising up, making Paris sticky even without sweet perfumes... :(

Unearthing this discussion because, for some reason, I've been "craving" berry scents a lot in the past 2-3 weeks.

I skimmed through this thread, and I'm pretty sure I have imps of Lampades and Lady Una....and a couple others mentioned, like Bewitched and Prunella. Now I can't wait to get home from work, so I can have my own berry sniffing party! : )

Since the thread has been inactive for a few years....anything newer I should have on my radar? Any other berry-lovers out there?

I got berries from Mirrors of Spring Pleasures on Kites from this year's Lupers. I think there were batch variations where the berries were stronger than others.

From the GC, check out Lady McBeth,I get more berries than wine.

My favorite berry scents are limited but aren't too hard to find: Crawdad Dream and April Fool.

Very hard to find is the discontinued Jester.

Edited by sprout

I got berries from Mirrors of Spring Pleasures on Kites from this year's Lupers. I think there were batch variations where the berries were stronger than others.

From the GC, check out Lady McBeth,I get more berries than wine.

My favorite berry scents are limited but aren't too hard to find: Crawdad Dream and April Fool.

Very hard to find is the discontinued Jester.

Oooh, thank you....I think I have an imp of Jester, didn't realize it's d/c.

There are berries listed in beautiful death, a stunning scent from darkdel.com

Blueberry picking is a pretty feminine lilith scent from two years back.

One of last year's 13 thirteen blends has strawberry in it. Also the strawberry sufganoit yule scent.

Autumn overlooked my knitting has red currents.

Strawberry esp and berries have been coming up a lot this year in the lupers, the unicorns, 2016 Dragon con. Last year's lilith release had a bit of strawberry.

Edited by annemathematics

I looove berry scents, and the Lab's red and black currant notes usually make me blind bottle order!

Eat Me and Little Lady Macbeth (Lilith) are heavy on the currant. Abduction of Proserpine on a unicorn is heavy on sandalwood, but the currants and pomegranate make this absolutely beautiful.

For strawberries, The Instruction Manual and Battle Fairy in Training are great!

Blueberry Picking is nice as well.

Zarita the Doll Girl has a nice hint of berries.

Berry Moon 2009 has blueberries and raspberries and is just a perfect summer scent. :)

Lady Una has blackberry leaf.

The 1st version of Mabon had yummy blackberries; the 2nd version was rather herbal and not much on the berry-side.

I thought I didn't like berry notes but I just realized today that some of my favorite BPALs have a hint of berry in them:

Autumn Overlooked My Knitting (red currants)

Beautiful Death (belladonna berries)

Coraline Jones (mossy berry)

Any recommendations for other BPALs with just a hint of berry in them?

Bewitched's berry notes aren't overwhelming on me: Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

There's also Elf: Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

And the lovely, discontinued Vinland, if you can find it: The legendary site of the Viking colony in Newfoundland founded circa 985. Crisp northern wind blowing over loganberry, wild roses, prairie crocus, iris versicolor Linné, mountain avens, yellow birch bark, mayflower and maple leaf.

Bewitched's berry notes aren't overwhelming on me: Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

There's also Elf: Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

And the lovely, discontinued Vinland, if you can find it: The legendary site of the Viking colony in Newfoundland founded circa 985. Crisp northern wind blowing over loganberry, wild roses, prairie crocus, iris versicolor Linné, mountain avens, yellow birch bark, mayflower and maple leaf.

Thanks for the recommendations! I feel like I should have an untested decant of Elf hanging around if only I could just find it...

I thought I didn't like berry notes but I just realized today that some of my favorite BPALs have a hint of berry in them:

Autumn Overlooked My Knitting (red currants)

Beautiful Death (belladonna berries)

Coraline Jones (mossy berry)

Any recommendations for other BPALs with just a hint of berry in them?

Disturbing and Irrelevant Crawdad Dream and April Fool both contain my favorite berry, a hint of it, huckleberry!