Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Red_Hot_Mama

Berry Scents - Blackberry, Red Berries

I really like the red berry scents. The original version of Lady MacBeth is a favorite of mine but it was reformulated.

White musk is also good on me.

Any suggestions??

RHM

If you like white musk you'd probably like Zephyr. :D

For berries, definitely Lampades. :D

I know there are more, but I'm drawing a blank. :P

Edited by Vicious Mistress

Let's see...

Blood Rose was "OK" but I like Black Rose & Dragon's Bone better.

I've tried Bon Vivant...Sofie comandered it. (Beth must know that Sofie really likes it because I've gotten 3 freebie imps of it in my last couple of orders. Beth is "The Perfume Lady" in our house.) It's too, too sweet for me.

I think I've tried Zephyr; need to check my spreadsheet.

Carnivale has carnation in it which has been know to give me violent headaches.

Lady MacBeth was the only blend that had "red currant" & "wild berries". The reformualtion turns too "apricot-y" on me.

As for the others, I've not tried any of those. I'll add them to my Wish List.

Thank you!!!

RHM

Edited by Red_Hot_Mama

Pretty redundant, but...Lampades is a great choice if you want berry. Unfortunately, berries don't work on me, but it was a lovely berryish scent. :P

I know, I know, it's been said, but I was just concurring...or something...I'm tired.

~ Penance

Pretty redundant, but...Lampades is a great choice if you want berry.  Unfortunately, berries don't work on me, but it was a lovely berryish scent. :P

I know, I know, it's been said, but I was just concurring...or something...I'm tired.

~ Penance

I understand, honey.

Time to sleep.

RHM

:D

You can always tell when I'm sleep deprived because I start saying things that are either incredibly stupid or totally redundant. Speaking of sleep, I should be in bed by now...I need to be up at 6 am tomorrow morning to go to class. There's something wrong with a world where I have to get up that early on a Saturday. :P

~ Penance

Lampades is a definite. The Red Queen is also a red berry scent that's quite lovely after the dry down. Wet it smells a bit like toilet cleaner...ehh. But that fades in about three minutes.

Mmmmm...."toilet cleaner"! That's it! I couldn't think of what the Red Queen reminded me of at first.

Thank goodness it does get very pretty, but floral on me...not red berries.

Me wants my red berries!

Thank goodness kimmer is sending the Lampades.

:P

RHM

I would have to recommend Midwinters Eve if it ever comes back :D It smells like vibrant red juicy berries ^^! My joint favourite BPAL with Samhain.

:P

Eat, drink and be berry!

-----------

At my last order I tried Bordello..

..and now I want to bounce around like a true blackberry. Forever! :P

Some other nice berry scents to pick, walking in the bpal-forest?

My favorite berry scents are both herbal, Glasgow and Bewitched, although the musk in Bewitched softens it considerably. You might also consider Lampades, although that's cranberry and not blackberry, I remember thinking it had a similar feeling to Bordello.

I second Bewitched. The musk does tone it down, but it really reminds me of a lush forest.

Lady Una is a bit of an amped up Bewitched with more honey in it.

Rosalind and Glasgow are two of my favorite springtime scents... Rosalind is a little closer to Bordello, and on me it ends up drying down to smell like berry hookah smoke!

If you can get your hands on some, you also might want to try Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream. It's CRAZY yummy blueberry.

Lampades is absolutely my favorite scent. It -is- a bit similar to Bordello.

Edited by prrrplegrrrl

Add other red fruits- pomegranate, currant, cherry. They often smell like berries should on my skin:

MEDEA!

Mme Moriarty

Eat Me

Persephone

Red Queen

Or "forest" scents:

Rosalind

Nocnitsa

Black Forest

Yummmy...I love all those mentioned!

Edited by lookingglass