Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
binkyboots

Leather

I adore the bpal leather note, it's yummy, I've tried (and loved) jolly roger, tried and like perversion... but the leather note isn't as strong as I'd like.

any suggestions? I've done the note search but am just looking for pointers from your experiences with these oils :P

Another reccomendation for De Sade. I personally can't find the "leather" in it, but that's the only note listed under its description..and it smells damn good on my bf!!! :P

Wanda and Severin, while incredibly scrumptious, don't smell very leathery to me at all. (shrug)

Edited by Effluvia

I like the scent of leather but I find that it's usually included with notes that are way too masculine for me. What's the sweetest of the leather blends? or, if there isn't such a thing, most feminine?

[edit] Yikes I totally forgot about my original recommendations thread, I'd have posted this as a reply in there but spaced out. Well, if you want to travel down a bit, you can see what I usually like. Sorry :P

Edited by luxuria

Wanda, Perversion, and Tintagel are the sweetest leather scents I've tried. Wanda is very rosey, so if roses don't work for you you may not like it, but I do adore it. Tintagel doesn't have *much* leather in it, but it is sweet on the whole (without being candy-sweet, which personally I appreciate).

Really, Perversion is the best leather scent I've tried. It is sweet, due to the tonka, but really very leathery and warm too. :P

I can HIGHLY recommend Whip and Wanda. Tintagel was really too sweet for me, very berry-mead-leather. Whip and Wanda I tend to liken to day scents and evening scents. Whip, roses and leather, is the scrub-faced, earnest younger sister to Wanda, who's merlot and leather and all simmering feminine power.

Much as I like the idea of leather in scents, the note just doesn't work on me, so I also have a hard time with leather-containing scents. The one that works the best on me is Perversion (the second time that I tried it) - the leather note is more of an echo that melds nicely with the coconut, chardonnay and tonka bean notes.

the only leather one i've tried so far is Tintagel, and i love it (as evidenced in my signature. :P). It reminds me of jailbait, but without being so sugary-sweet.

Actually, I think I just got an imp of Perversion I'll have to try out when i get home if my yule order didn't show up today, to compare it.

I'm about to beat myself over the head for not including Perversion in my last order- damn me and my quick ordering!! Wanda and Whip don't sound like I'd like them much- floral & leather doesn't sound like something I'd care for. I might try one of them anyway, though. Thanks, guys!

Perversion and Tintagel are both nice sweet leather scents. :D

I, personally, love a good masculine leather scent, but both Perversion and Tintagel are nice. Whip is also a feminine leather scent, but in a more floral way. :P

Update on my leather situation..I went ahead and ordered a 5ml of Perversion unsniffed. Hopefully I'll like it, but if not you'll see me on the swap boards begging for a swap for Tintagel.

I can't wait to see what a 'girlier leather' is like :P

Perversion is my favorite. I used too much the first time and about knocked myself over :P . I used less the next time and it was wonderful. I so want to try Whip now too.

Wanda, Wanda, Wanda! I love Perversion, but I just tried Wanda and need to buy a big bottle of it. The floral in Wanda is VERY subtle, just enough to make it a bit feminine.