Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This season's Ridiculous Scent! Creepy like Creepy and as spooky as Spooky, this is the scent of a black cherry and coconut amaretto confection gently laced with saffron.

OMG.. Yum! In the bottle .. when I sniffed it, I closed my eyes and said ‘yum’ … it’s a delicious almond note.. like amaretto… on the skin it’s even more gorgeous. The saffron is stunning in this. It’s a sweet cherry scent with the elegance of the saffron keeping it in line and at the very end, I get a tasty coconut! Love this! It’s very me. However, it sure doesn’t stick around! It ends up being something super soft.. almost a skin scent. I can't barely smell it now.

Wet this is almond extract love! Dry down I get the yummy coconut and cherry. Sweet but not much throw, my skin eats it up, but before it's gone, it's awesome.

Edited by violetblue

While wet, it was overwhelming amaretto. It was almost bitter and one note.

As it dried however, the other scents came out, first the cherry, then the saffron, and lastly the coconut. Ironically, the amaretto has now taken a complete backseat to the rest.

It doesn't seem to have much throw though, I have to just about hold my wrist up to my face to smell anything. It's delicious, but I wish it was more outstanding.

I opened the bottle and thought "someone swapped out my perfume with almond extract" :eek: It reminded me of those marzipan fruits and flowers my mom would put on cakes. It was so intense I could literally taste them. This phase didn't last long...as it dried, the intensity died down to pink cake drenched in sugar syrup. This stayed with my skin for a while, smelling like the usual bpal sugared-skin scent I have at the end of the day.

WOWZAS! Holy Amaretto and cherry. WOW. Talk about intense! Once it dries, we enter phase two, and it smells like cherry coconut butter creme frosting. This phase doesnt last long, but boy is it yummeh on me. Final phase is a sort of a sweet, sugary coconut. Cherry somewhat lingers in the backround, very faintly.

I know that so far nearly every one of my Weenie reviews has been "reminds me of XXXX". Here I go again though. This one is very much like Suck It from last year on me. Heavy boozy cherry on my skin. I still love it though. :D

Hmm. Extremely boozy in the bottle and wet on the skin. It really does smell exactly like amaretto. I can tell there's some cherry trying to peek through the booze, and some sort of pastry as well. It becomes very dry as it's...well, drying. Something about this makes my head hurt. It has a lot of throw and is rather cloying. Ah- there's the coconut making an appearance. Oh my. Now that the oil is pretty dry on my skin it's almost coffee-like. And nail polish remover. My skin does not like this at all. It was a long shot in the first place, and just isn't paying off. Off to swaps with ye!

ETA: Once this has been completely dry for a while, it smells a lot better. Kind of caramel/mapley. However, it's also so faint that I have to stick my wrist right up against my nose, and I'm not at all sure the initial stages are worth the end result.

Edited by VioletFemme

In the bottle all I could smell was cherry and the amaretto. I must admit that I love the smell of cherry but I don't know if I wanted to smell like a tropical drink or a sweet cookie. I tried it on in the hopes that once it mingled with my skin it would morph into something more. The first thing I noticed after I applied it was that I smelled like a candy tootsie pop. It was cherry and caramel and not much else, and that was pretty strong. Ten minutes later though it started to mellow and the coconut came out and decided to play nice with the cherry and amaretto and softened to a delightful summer scent. This turned out to be a very light, soft, and not overly sweet scent.

Very cherry with a bit of almond while wet. After awhile the cherry and almond mesh together and I get a caramel/maple like scent. My skin amps maple/caramel to teh stank so unfortunately is a pass.

This is so close to Bite Me! & Banketstaaf of last years weenies that I'm probably going to keep this one bottle but not get any more - I already have enough stocked up of Bite Me!

If you love sweetness, almonds and pastry in general this might sit very well with you.

/ / EDIT / /

Oh lordses. I've tried this a couple of times now, one unfortunate incident where it smelled like acetone when first applied convinced me this is not for me.

It also burns. It's way too boozy for my nose, almost sneeze inducing. The almond is nice, but the cherry, oh dear. And the coconut. Double oh dear. It's rare that something so benign sounding turns on me so fiercely.

It's nothing like last years weenies, now I don't understand how I could ever have thought so. I don't think any of these notes are of DOOM! really, except me just not being fond of coconut, but this blend really manages to be DOOM! on my skin.

Edited by Grynet

AMARETTO! I'd forgotten what the notes were for pretty much everything I ordered, so. Yeah. Amaretto. That's the note that hits me most that my out-of-practice nose couldn't put a name to. Straight out of the bottle, this is almost all amaretto with just a touch of cherry to sweeten and saffron to give it a creamy golden edge to it. All together it almost reminds me of caramel. It calms down on my skin, softens and smooths out, so that I'm left with a delightfully yummy scent wafting up from my wrists.

Wow! Totally sweet and slightly bizarre.

Wet: strong cherry and booze with a touch of coconut syrup. Smells like many an evening when I was in my 20's .... :blush:

Drydown: the cherry settles and it smells a bit like Gothabilly without the egyptian musk. The almond is sweet marzipan-like and the saffron gives an orange floral nectar glow to it. The cherry smells a tad cough syrupy to me however it that's only when I shove my wrist under my nose... Otherwise lovely and enticing!

WOW! In the bottle it's all amaretto! Smells just like the royal icing my mom puts on christmas cookies.

on me wet, marzapan and booze. As it dries I get the cherry and coconut.

Dry, the amaretto fades away and I'm left with creamy coconut booze. Which is still really nice but has very little throw.

WOW cherry and amaretto like WHOA. This was crazy super strong on first application. Once it dried down the amaretto really took a backseat and it was mostly cherry, I definitely got a hint of coconut too. Pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. Unfortunately it isn't a winner though. It's really interesting but I just can't see myself wearing this too often.

Super sweet cherry liqour and coconut. Whiff of saffron.

Thankfully my skin chemistry eats this like no tomorrow. 15 minutes after applying and I get this very tiny faint whiff.

I try to avoid a lot of the alcoholic BPAL scents because they tend to go to that stale alcohol smell of the morning after, rather than the delicious booziness of the night before. Ghoulish, while very pretty, is one of the scents betrayed by my skin chemistry.

It starts out being a rich, red, candy cherry much like Bloody Mary, then heads to the more dark, realistic cherry scent of the Hideous Heart, both of which chased by a damp marzipan scent. Unfortunately, it dried down on my skin to the same sour booze smell I get from Hellcat. Infact, this feels to me very much in the same family as Hellcat, with a fruity note on top.

This is just my skin chemistry, though - I can see how this would work on the right person. In fact, I'm probably going to wear this one in a locket.

Wow, this is SUPER boozy and strong in the vial, I almost couldn't bring myself to test it. On my skin it's still very boozy, almost to the point where all I smell is booze, with occasional hints of almond and cherry (but more cherry than almond). The coconut is very soft and keeps threatening to turn to plastic on me. Not a fan of this one.

In bottle: sour cherry

On skin: slightly sweeter cherry, not as sour

Half-hour later: softened nicely with some creamy coconut, but needs to waft -- up close is chemical astringent (amaretto?)

In conclusion: I enjoy the boozy Halloween blends released every year -- Spooky, Creepy and now Ghoulish. This one seems to last all day too. Delicious!

In the imp: saffron, saffron and more saffron

Wet: Helloooo saffron and black cherry!! Actually smelled way stronger than in the imp. Dunno about this one.

Dry: Morphed into a lovely cherry/almond extract with a hint of coconut. Can barely smell the saffron now and the overall scent is very light.

Conclusion: It's kinda funky on me at first with the saffron overpowering everything, and the mellowed out cherry/almond/coconut is nice and I'll use the imp but will pass on a full bottle.

Edited by glitterlips

When I saw this scent, I knew I at least had to try it-I am a huge foody fan and I love coconut, amaretto, and saffron, however the lab's cherry tends to not work well on me. This just sounds so yummy!

Oh wow, in the imp this is STRONG candy cherry. Like cherry jello on steroids...no, it's reminding me of something else...cherry lifesavers! That's totally what this reminds me of-my dad used to love getting the rolls of only cherry lifesavers. That is exactly what this smells like in the imp O_o OH, or one of those little cherry/vanilla-y tootsie rolls!!! @_@ Ahhh! Cherry candy overload!

Thankfully, on my skin this calms down DRASTICALLY and I get much more of the coconut/ameratto and saffron, which are lovely and creamy and sweet. The more this dries down, the more I like this and the cherry nestles down and behaves itself quite well. Sweet and creamy, ALL of the notes just blend together SO well in this one. I cannot believe how amazing it smells on my skin. The more it dries, the more the amaretto moves to the front and the cherry to the back.

This was the kind of blend I wanted to try because I loooved the description but never thought it would actually smell good on me. I am delighted that I was wrong! This smells lovely on me. I don't believe I have any bpal amaretto scents and I am thrilled to find a cherry that doesn't go weird on me! This will have to go on my bottle list!

Very odd scent and I can’t really identify what it smells like. Maybe because I’m not familiar with amaretto? Kept debating as to whether I liked it! Wet, it wasn’t appealing, but the drydown was okay. But not quite me.

Roight, I've just finished testing my newly arrived bottles, and Ghoulish gets the honor of the first review.

IN BOTTLE: Oh MAI, we have cherry and almond doing the charleston with plenty of sweetness and a hint of something almost spicy in the background. Foody scent lover that I am, this smells promising!

ON WET: Cherry and almond still front and center, but the saffron joins the dance now, adding a sunny warmth and elevating the blend to something more interesting than sugary candy or pastry. The coconut is there, but lurking in the background.

DRYDOWN: Ooooohh, everything's blending beautifully now. The coconut comes forward a bit and smells sweet and moist, not dessicated and dry like some coconut notes. It provides a rich base for the other notes, which are settling into something gently warm and delicious, still with that saffron spark. I never got more than a hint of booziness from the amaretto, which is typical for me.

CONCLUSION: This is a foody scent, but far more sophisticated than most foody scents that I've tried. My only very mild complaint is that I could wish for more throw, but I do not regret buying this 5ml unsniffed.

At first this smells exactly like cherry chapstick. :huh?: As it dries it becomes a bit deeper and richer but still has a hint of cherry chapstick. :(

Sadly, not for me. But then again, only 1 cherry scent out of the many I have tried has ever worked for me. sigh

Very sweet cherry/almond/amaretto with a hint of coconut--but this fades very fast! I do like the coconut here; it smells like macaroons. I'll give this another shot to see if the staying power improves after it settles a bit more.

The almond seems to be missing from my decant and I'm getting a lot of cherry cough syrup from Ghoulish. Fortunately, It doesn't last long on my skin. :eek: