Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sunshinedaisybliss

SDPU1

Thanks to the lovely bookandbroom for a tester of this one!

I'm finding it difficult to pinpoint what the notes might be in SPDU1 - at first I thought it was green/herby, but then it went a little fruity, and now I'm just not sure what it is!

Overall it's very soft and powdery, it has an almost incense-ish vibe but it doesn't seem resiny at all. It's slightly smoky, but not in a vetiver kind of way. I'm pretty sure there's something fruity going on, perhaps a very soft plum.. actually maybe that's what's giving me the smoky feel - plum can sometimes go smoky rather than sweet on my skin. There *might* be a bit of red musk in here too.. maaaaaaybe, or perhaps it's more of a brown musk.

I hope someone else comes along and adds another review, because it seems mine is too vague to be of much use!

Edited by quantum spice

I got lavender, and fruit and a sweet, light resin. It was definitely more fruity than incensy on my skin, but there was a hint of something powdery underneath.

SDPU1 - This starts off as lavender, but quickly -- VERY quickly -- morphs into a smoky plum and incense scent with a hint of spice. It's gorgeous. Drop-dead gorgeous.

Apparently, I forgot to review this one. From my notes I get lavender and resins. It gets much more incensey on the drydown.

First applied, I may have gotten lavendar but it was a weird lavendar. It morphs quickly into a spicy scent, very likely cinnamon with a musky vibe. Maybe some sandalwood in there as well and definitely almond. Maybe some vanilla but more of a dry, cinnamon tinged almond.

Ahhh, I know exactly what this is. :) It's either a prototype of or else *very* close to Pomegranate III (Pomegranate, Tamil Nadu sandalwood, lavender, tamarind, hazelnut, Atlas cedarwood, sugar date, bitter clove, and Arabian myrrh). On my skin SDPU1 is a little more sweet-fruity in the upper notes and a bit more powdery overall, with something darker lurking underneath (I agree that possibly it's a very, very faint hint of vetiver or something else smoky -- not obtrusive, though). In the bottle and on initial application SDPU1 also has that odd buttery note I sometimes get from the 'Weenie pumpkin blends, but that aspect goes away fairly quickly.

After drydown, the two are *very* similar. Pom III is a little brighter and tarter overall, SDPU a little darker and deeper.

Edited by Wwindy

Wow! My first thought is that this one is very interesting! A tiny bit of fruitiness (pomegranate?) about the same level I would get from Mme Moriarty. There is also a deep, almost spicy resin. Other than that I am having trouble describing it! It gets a little tarter over time.

I think I am going to have to try this one again, but I don't need two bottles!

-ETA-

This blend is definitely tart and slightly fruity, but it just isn't for me.

Edited by Catseyes

LOL you're going to laugh - really!

it smells like BUTTERED POPCORN

buttered popcorn with a bit of cinnamon

definitely a FOODY scent!

I like blends with lavender + resins, but SDPU1 doesn't show up with any lavender on my skin. This smells like dry, dark fruit (plum?) and dry spices on me, and makes me think of potpourri. It's reminding me of Frumious Bandersnatch, though it's been a while since I tried that blend.

An unexpected winner. The first time I wore it, I liked it, but wasn't very enthusiastic. It goes on like a Christmas candle or potpourri. Saddened, I washed it off and tried a different fragrance, sure that SDPU1 was going to be a swing and a miss. Luckily, I tried it again. I put it on right before going to work, and within a couple of hours, the strong pine had mellowed, and let the spice and plummyness (?) come through. It's so enticing. Me and my husband can't get enough of it. By hour five, it's warm and glowy and sexy.

Sadly, it's not a permanent scent within the BPAL world. Just a sample from a trunk show. I snorfled up a second bottle, just in case.

Anybody know of any similar scents in the BPAL catalog?

I bought a bottle of this from the overstock after reading lovely reviews. I'm a fan of dark plum scents, but I'm sadly dissapointed.

In the bottle this is highly syrupy, like rotten plum and blueberry and a who'd of dead flowers.

On the skin there are no flowers, but the blueberry is still there, as is the plum. Both are okay as it dried, but not rich and heady like I was expecting. It's also quite weak and fades quickly. :( I guess that's why this is a proto.

Swap