Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Venneh

Persephone v6

(Again, wasn't able to find a review topic for this, mods, if I've missed it, please merge appropriately.)

In the imp, I'm getting a darker red fruit and rose; on my skin, it translates to a lighter red fruit and rose note. Not seeing that much difference from the released version here.

Got a tester of this as a frimp.

Wet: Sweet rose, almost too sweet, there is a powdery fruitiness that is coming out as well.

Dry: Still rose, strong, but not sharp, a powdery rose with an extremely heavy fruit note. Smells almost like guava, but mixed with other unidentifiable(to me) fruits.

On wet, I definitely get a hit of fruit, something tropical like mango, and a taste of apple but that maybe from the rose itself (like in Rose Red blends). As it dries, the rose is very powdery and sour... and I'd swear there was a hint of tuberose in the background. After an hour, it's not sour and more of a full bloom rose in there. There's still that bit of fruityness that lingers.

Not a rose fan, but if you are, give this a whirl.

This starts off as a juicy, fruity, crisp sort of rose on me (almost apple-like on my skin), and I quite like it. Then it dries down and starts to go slightly powdery and sharper, sort of like a more perfumey rose and a hint of sweet tarts candy. It's a little too sharp and tart for me, and there are rose blends that I like a lot more than this one.