Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Mountain of Bone

MOUNTAIN OF BONE
The notorious Vale pub, and the bhole's favorite after-practise hangout. White wine spritzers with a dribble of ooze and a bone-speared thok fruit garnish.

This is mostly dark red fruit on me. I get a little bit of the wine spritzer, but this is not what I consider a boozy blend. I'd classify it as nearly all fruit on my skin. I love it and will contemplate a back-up bottle.

In the bottle this has a very light touch-I do smell the white wine spritzer. That all disappears though when I applied to to my wrist. It did turn into a boozy smell, almost with a yeast smell to it after 30 minutes or so. Some spices came out too, I'm not sure it it is my skin chemistry or Mountain of Bone, but I like what it turns into, not what it was when I first tried it. I also can detect a woodsy note to it too with a very light floral (not too much-just right). This really is a beautiful scent that I believe will be very popular.

From bottle: Sweet, definitely fruity (like a fruit cocktail), and you can smell something in the back..maybe the ooze or the spritzer?

On skin: Still sweet, but it almost smells like a syrupy lychee smell (smells a bit more sugary and tropical than just berries). But again the sweetness and sugary-ness is more dominant than what the actual fruit it (if that makes sense). Probably because this is a combination of fruits? I don't get an alcohol or boozy smell, but there is still something lingering in the back.

Dry down: Not too strong, but if I sniff my wrists it is still definitely sweet and sugary. Smells more like sweet fruits in general.

I didn't get any herbs or spices, etc. from this. If you like fruity or sugary notes, this may work out for you! Hope this helped ;)

Besides Ghoul Hooligan, this is the one I want to work the most on me. In the bottle, this is wine and red fruit, on my skin, this is mostly white wine and a bit of fruit, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it, as it appears to be going a touch funky on me. Oh, no, please. We'll see if this corrects itself. I think the fruit ends up being lychee, or something similar, but it just does absolutely funky things to my skin. Not quite for me, sadly.

Edited by Venneh

In the bottle: Tropical fruit drink. Like something from the Atomic Luau Lounge.

On me: Total wine spritzer, almost no fruit. I'm getting a little pineapple, maybe a bit of lime....no not lime, grapefruit! Loads of grapefruit! Usually I like these sort of scents on me but it's a little sharp. Perhaps after it settles a bit it will agree with me more.

Mountain of Bone - This is a great scent. It's definitely a fruity, white wine spritzer scent. The fruit is something tropical....maybe lychee? It's definitely wine spritzer without being boozy, it sparkles without being champagney, and the fruit is sweet and tropical and lovely. I like this a lot. It's perfect for summer.

Wet: Softly effervescent white wine with tropical fruit undertones.

Drydown: As it dries, it smells a bit like fizzy satsumas. It's light and bright, and not at all boozy.

Dry: sweet, with little bits of bubble, but a tinge powdery.

Overall: Lovely and summery in the initial stages, but unfortunately, it isn't quite me once it's dry.

Bottle: Fruity booze

Wet: Peach/lychee champain

Dry: Way, way, way more boozy.. could probably get drunk just sniffing it ;)

This is what I wanted Tamora and Algea to smell like. Light...peachy boozy goodness. I need a bottle of this. :yum:

This smells so peachy- wine spritzer like when its wet. I love it.

Once it dries on me, I am not so sure. Smells almost perfumey. Like department store perfumey? I can still smell the wine spritzer aspect of it in one breath, then its all perfume death in the next.

I don't know how to take this one. I don't know if I like it.... :confused:

I think that I expected this to be more fizzy and boozy than it actually is. I don't think that it's really boozy at all, though it might have a slightly fizzy quality to it in the drydown.

Mostly, Mountain of Bone smells like the clear/yellow gummi bears candies on me. Slightly pineapple-y with a touch of citrus. It's a very dry, clean sort of scent, though. The drydown reminds me of soapy dryer sheets.

Mountain of Bone = pineapple and citrus flavored gummi bears nestled in a bed of soapy dryer sheets. This scent is too dry and too sharply clean smelling for me.

In the bottle and upon application, this scent is very boozy. However, it calms down and the fruit component comes out. Not sure what fruit it is, but the overall effect is very refreshing. Perfect for hot weather! I was pleasantly surprised as boozy scents tend to amp on my skin, but this one was light enough that I could carry it off. Fades fairly quickly, though, after maybe two hours.

I actually did not expect this one to work at all, because when it said wine spritzer I was expecting the champagne/fizzy soda note that always makes me feel queasy.

From the vial I thought I smelled that note, but it is less fizzy and nauseating, more dry. On skin I get fruit and an impression of cold pine, with a bit of astringency from the dry wine. The fruit mostly goes away pretty quickly, and I do still gets the odd whiffs of that champagne note here and there, but it mostly goes to a dry astringency. This is kind of odd, and I find myself oddly appealed to by it. On dry-down I get barely any fruit from this, and it's kind of dry and biting on me, and... I dunno. There's something about it that makes me keep returning to sniff it. Sometimes I can smell that note that I don't like, and it's just enough to keep me from thinking I would actually wear this, but I have to admit I was sort of pleasantly surprised by this.

Mountain of Bone

Oh, I like this! It smells like white wine with fresh tropical fruits. There's also a hint of something minty. Very light and fresh.

I am absolutely in love with this! At first I get sharp, biting fruit with a bit of wine then as it warms it turns to a softer, tropical-smelling fruit with a hint of coconut and creaminess. Sweet and fruity and perfect for summer. Just the barest booziness. Absolute perfection, LOVE. I need a bottle and quite possibly a backup.

White wine and cough syrup. I remember a cherry flavored penicillin I had to take when I had strep throat, 40 years ago. This smells just like it, kind of a creamy cherry.

Oooh, dark and fruity. Makes me think of sangria. Not too bad!

Argh! *kicks stupid skin chemistry* Cough syrup? Why? It smelled so good before it touched my skin....

Oooh! Fruity white wine spritzer. It's fun, fresh, fruity and light. It ends up a little too sweet on me, and I think this may have some lychee.

I don't understand why Mountain of Bone doesn't get more love. Is it because the name is off-putting? It sounds like it would be dry and dusty and dead, but in fact it's light and fruity. It's like ... well, a wine cooler, but good. Mixed fruit and fizz. I'm glad I grabbed a bottle.

Edited by Gin

In the bottle and fresh-on I get a fruity-creamy pina colada type scent. Pretty sure I get both coconut and pineapple. On my skin it gets a bit darker and more syrupy, and I definitely get a slightly boozy wine note. It's not a dark scent, just more red fruit notes now. Maybe a touch of rum? Absolutely delicious.