Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pinkstardust420

Desiccated Frostberry Pie Filling

DESICCATED FROSTBERRY PIE FILLING PERFUME OIL
Commemorating our Black-Ribbon Award Winning Pie Filling, named Best in Show at the Celephaïs County Fair six-hundred years in a row! Plucked from the highest mountaintops of Leng, our desiccated frostberries have been certified organic by the Dreamlands Department for Environmental Concerns, Slaughter Regulation, and Sacrificial Affairs.

Oh boy. I'm first. And I suck at reviews. Eek. Well, it smells very much like it's namesake! Like sweet sugary frostberries, sans the pie.....but there's a teeny tiny tony hint of mint or something "cold" in there at the very end of the sniff....kinda lurking in the backround. This is a strong scent! Edited by Shollin

bottle: sweet and berry-ish with some pastry. very cold and clean for a foody scent.

wet: sorta cherry, sorta raspberry. hard to pinpoint the berry-ish-ness here. the pastry is very light, not cloying of strong, but still there.

dry: pretty much yum. the berry is a bit less sweet as this dries so this transforms into the most lovely fresh berry tart scent. i might be needing another bottle of this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting mint in this! :lol:

To me, I get a lot of the fruitiness from Jester, sweet and currant-y, with that hint of mint to cool things down. No pastry, though. Just loads of berries, all kinds!

For some reason I am not getting the mint...but definitely a berry medley with that hint of cold (probably where people are getting the mint from)...I am getting the pastry as well...agree that this is blackberry scones but better!

Desiccated Frostberry Pie Filling

I only get mint out of this when I sniff directly from the bottle, and even then it's subtle, which I'm grateful for! On application to my wrist, it has a sharp berry smell. When it dries, the sharpness calms down and becomes YUMMY. I think I smell a smidge of pie crust and maybe a little musk, similar to the musk in 'Tis the Voice of the Lobster (a LOVE of mine!). I wish I got more pie crust! Other than that, it's wonderful and exceeds my expectations!

In the bottle, I get a sharp berry scent.

Applied: MINT, REALLY STRONG MINT!! That'll clear out your sinuses!

Drydown: The mint finally calms down and I get a light scent of berries in there (though still very minty). Also, just a hint of pie crust.

It's unusual, but I like it. I think it would make a nice winter scent.

After initial application, something smelled off, like fake plastic fruit. Crap!!! But I waited about ten minutes and ooh la la, PIE! I smell blackberry maybe? Whatever it is, I am in love!!! I LOVE berry scents. A definite second bottle will be ordered. :yum:

Thank Goddess I did NOT get the mint some of the reviews are reporting. Not a fan of mint. Just yummy pie. :lol:

Wet - I totally smell blackberry, sugar, maybe raspberries and i do detect a sweet vanilla especially when its wet. It kind of reminds me of the berry in Berry Moon but much stronger. When it settles down on the skin it leaves a nice soft berry scent. Its a beautiful scent. I do not get any mint like some other reviewers however it dont percieve this as a cold scent..its quite warm to my nose.

In the bottle: this is a mix of cherry cough syrup and that fake butter smell.

wet/dry: the grossness of those two scents completely disappear. I knew they would! It's a sweet, cold berry mix. I definitely don't get mint, but it is that coldness in your nose when you sniff. I bet this would be a great summer scent. Cool, fresh, fruity.

I think i'd need to slather this on a bit as the throw is a little underwhelming.

In the bottle: BERRIES!!!

Wet on wrist: Creamy juicy dark berries. Boysenberry-esque.

On the drydown: Nicely sweet and foodie. Low throw, and doesn't late very long on me, though.

In the bottle, I'm getting berries, they almost smell like blackberries. On my skin, this is, again, blackberries and a bit of pie filling, very similar to Blackberry Jam and Scones. We'll see where this goes. ..Aaaand there's the minty note that everyone was mentioning. Not for me.

Edited by Venneh

In the bottle: A light, delicate scoop of berries with a hint of mint.

Wet: There is a cold note here; in fact it feels cool on my skin. The raspberries are there, and there's that slightly perfumy note that I get from Lady Una when I've been wearing it for a few hours, so I'm thinking that's the blackberries. And the mint note is still present but still faint. It's as though I had just come inside to the cool of the A/C, had washed off my fresh-picked berries, and had also cut some mint earlier, and it was just piled up on the counter, waiting to be used. There's also an open bowl of sugar near-by, and I'm about to take down the vanilla flavouring (real not imitation) in preparation for making the berries sweeter.

The dry-down: And there might be a hint of baked pie crust, but it's buried deep in the mix, just waiting for those berries to make it into a pie. :) Still, lots of lovely dark berries, and that touch of mint. Basically, if you like blackberries, raspberries, and a bit of mint, you should like this. However, I think I'm going to have to slather, as it doesn't last very long.

Hmm. I thought this would be my favorite.

The berries are very evident but are quite tart and not as sweet as I was hoping. Still its very nice and reminds me of the currents in Eat Me. The scent begins to go a little to sharp and slightly musky. I think its becoming dessicated now :eek:

There's a trace of alcohol even though that is not listed in the notes. Hmm. Not sure about this one. Will try again and in the locket to be sure.

So apprently my skin chemistry is way different from everyone else that's reviewed.

In bottle: Sweet and cakey, similar to Blackberry Scones and Jam

Wet: Good-bye cake, hello apple?!?!

Dried: Still very apple-y, sharp and bitter (ice connotation), this reminds me very much of Snow, Glass, Apples but it's sharper, has more of a twang to it (also lasts longer which is a plus ^.^)

Berries with a bit of mint at first, drying down into what smells like boysenberries with a whiff of pastry crust. Nice enough but this is doing that Yankee Candle thing on me (i.e. starting to smell like potpourri).

In Bottle: Mainly berries with a hint of coldness (the mint others have mentioned maybe?)

Wet: Basically the same as bottle, with maybe a hint of pastry or crust coming through

Drydown: Berry stays strong and reminds me a little of the berries in Berry Moon. Don't really smell the cold note or pastry scent strongly, but this does take on a slightly more mainstream perfume smell after a bit. Decent throw while it lasts, but completely faded on me after about two hours. I think I like it, but need to test again to be sure.

Minty fruit/some kind of berry with no pie crust. It's quite nice actually the mint is not over powering. I actually like this one. I think I am going to track this one down in partial form.

In the bottle and on my skin at first, the berry smells like tart, fake-y cherry and I'm getting something like a hint of herbal mintiness. Smells like cough syrup :/.

As it dries down, this goes sharp and musky/perfumey (though it loses its medicinal edge, thankfully). The fruitiness start to remind me of the sugar plum feel of Midwinter's Eve, but not as sweet. The mint is frosty/watery, sharp, and slightly soapy. So I'm left with a pale fruity note and soapy mint frost, all wrapped up in a perfumey, chemical-y something. I don't smell anything like pie crust or pastry at all.

It's like I mixed cheap, musky drugstore perfume over some berries and then left the mixture to get freezerburn in the bottom of my fridge for a couple years. :huh?: Doesn't work out for me...

Source: decant by Edens Sixth Day

This is very much like Snow Glass Apples, but with dark rich berries instead of apples. The minty/cold feel is definitely there, without it actually smelling particularly like mint. It goes on quite strong at first, but once fully dried down that initial cold blast and strong berry note softens up quickly and actually fades quite fast. It doesn't stick around very long on my skin at all, and the best parts of the fragrance pretty much disappear - leaving behind a slight sourness. Overall, a quirky scent that's not overly foody - it's... interesting :)

In the bottle, this has a nice, tart cherry/deep black and blue berries scent. On my skin, it morphs into cherry chapstick. Definitely a frosty berry scent. Not really my cup of tea.

BTW, from what I understand, there is no crust/pastry note in this blend. It's frost berry pie filling. :) I don't think it is meant to smell like a pie, but what's inside the pie. So, I'm not sure where the pastry note that everyone is talking about is coming from...

UPDATED:

Holy cherry pie, Batman...now I am smelling a slight pie crust. Or something buttery/baked. :eek:

Edited by NeonGreen

My first try was cold and faint, with very little berry. I had dabbed it on the back of my hand though, which is the worst place for me to test things because my skin tends to be so dry on my hands and wrists.

Second try: from the vial I get a light sweetness of berry, but on my skin it becomes oddly dry and has a bit of a perfumey quality to it. There are similarities to the Blackberry Jam & Scones scent, similar tart berry and dry scratchy quality, but I don't get pastry from this. I do have an impression of cold, but it's not mint, it's that same odd astringent note that was in Hypothermia, that is cold in almost the same way that rubbing alcohol is. Becomes harsher as it dries. This does not play well on me at all. Berries can be iffy as it is, but that icy note is especially one I cannot wear.

Cherry-berry with a touch of butterscotch. Really tasty, not as sweet as a lillipop; it really could be a pie hot from the oven.